• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastadon

Banned
I agree in this case it is needed. I think Dempsey would be a great addition. But we shouldn't be getting ripped off with every transfer.

Oh no absolutely, and I think Rodgers has done a fantastic job in that regard. It just seems like a huge mistake letting Carroll go with no replacement.

Torres hattrick now.

It's not going to happen

imfs7u0v8sxwfqquhx.gif

Roman is taking over the deal.

mLa2F.gif

ATF487

Oh no absolutely, and I think Rodgers has done a fantastic job in that regard. It just seems like a huge mistake letting Carroll go with no replacement.

Yeah, these are steps that everyone wanted but it just seemed like there could have been a way to give us a chance in the short term too.

Cahill seems to score a lot of goals for a CB

Slizz

Everyone gushing at Falcao in here. I've had the pleasure of seeing him score a goal live in person for Colombia, twas awesome.

Wessiej

Ooh we bought Dejan Meleg just for the end of the transferwindow. Could go to Inter, AC Milan, Arsenal, Borussia Dortmund, FC Basel and Club Brugge. Nice.

omgkitty

Yeah and waiting for him to become match fitness will take a while. The 'Diaby/Wilshere' stuff that Wenger keeps spouting is such bullshit. We don't even learn from our mistakes!

When was Diaby ever even that good? There are people who talk like he used to be amazing and he would be starting for France if he wasn't hurt and all that bullshit. I remember none of this awesomeness!

ringwaldhaze

Neo Member
Who knows what it is? I sure as hell don't. I don't even know if we are ever actually interested in or make bids for half the players we are linked with! I just can't believe we let Song go and didn't sign a replacement. Seems absolutely mental to me.

1. It's a link from the Sun so I wouldn't take it too seriously. 2. The problem Arsenal always seem to have is getting work permits for their players. There's three or four players who we loan out every year to Spanish clubs simply because we can't get permits. How Utd are getting clearence on Henriquez is beyond me. 3. Diaby will be like a new signing.

Salvadora

When was Diaby ever even that good? There are people who talk like he used to be amazing and he would be starting for France if he wasn't hurt and all that bullshit. I remember none of this awesomeness!

It's Wenger who kept saying 'when Diaby is fit he walks straight into the French squad'. I just feel like this whole situation is a disaster waiting to happen.

I like him. His injuries have really kept him down though :(
He was so talented but I just wonder if its still there.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Brad Friedel is a decent keeper. Hopefully Lloris is a good signing, but he's not the player we needed right now.

He's not but if a top young keeper is available, we have to go for him. Brad is great and he may even win the battle with Lloris, but he's 41. Brad might be enough for one more season or two but Lloris could be here for years.

omgkitty

YankeeGunner posted this on twitter and it perfectly sums up how I feel:

My disappointment today doesnt come from thinking we have a bad squad. It comes from thinking we have a good squad thats just short of great

I have felt this way every season since Henry left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom