• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

I think Rooney is one of the most overrated players in the world. The range of his form is massive. He can play absolutely appalling for 10+ games, like a fucking pub team player, and then hit form, score goals and tear teams apart. He's at the point now where he's not going to improve, and with Kagawa and others to fit in around Rooney's territory, I honestly don't think he would be such a big loss. His commitment with his fitness is only going to be accentuated as he gets older. If someone is stupid enough to offer £40m then we should take it. What would happen to that hypothetical £40m is another question entirely.

Most importantly, he can still score goals even when he's playing like shit. He doesn't panic in front of goal, and even on his worst days if you give him the ball a couple times he'll find the back of the net. This is something that United never fails to do. They're always able to create chances against any team, even if it's just by pummeling them from the wings until one ball gets through.

He can be appallingly bad, yes, but a player who gets you points by getting you winning goals as often as Rooney does has to be highly valued.

K1LLER7

I think we must have had trouble getting rid of him last night with all the cameras being there, so I'm hoping we paid the council to come and collect him.
:lol just give him a chance to prove himself.

Kinda surprised Huddlestones gone to Stoke, what's with them actually buying players who can pass a ball.

near

Gold Member
:lol just give him a chance to prove himself.

Kinda surprised Huddlestones gone to Stoke, what's with them actually buying players who can pass a ball.

Give him a chance? We know him too well, think he's time is over.

Huddlestone is still at the club.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Paracelsus got banned. :( (JuveGAF)

-

So Pato and Barbara Berlusconi have broken up. Expect him to be sold in January, regardless of form or injury.

pappe

Paracelsus got banned. :( (JuveGAF)

-

So Pato and Barbara Berlusconi have broken up. Expect him to be sold in January, regardless of form or injury.

Arsenal need a striker dont they? He would fit right in there with their world class physios .

Salazar

JHb6b.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c7O4SpfNJw

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
"Teams like Spurs who have not won a game get desperate".

Paul Merson is such an fucking idiot.

He said that regarding Dempsey but a minute later said Arsenal should have gone for Berba. You haven't won a game either!

Hi guys, im looking at getting a Chelsea home shirt and found this site: Football Shirt 2 U and wondered if any of you had used it?

I was actually looking for last years home shirt (cheaper) but they have this years for £17 including free delivery. Didn't want to just give them my money though without asking on here first. Seems a bit good to be true and potential customs issue is making me wait on ordering...

Also, what other websites do you order shirts from? I've looked at Sports Direct/Kitbag and can't think of any others that might have them for a decent price.

Ushojax

Jesus Christ the Soccer Saturday panel just can't hide their Harry boners. Only Tiss talks sense.

Plasma

Banned
He said that regarding Dempsey but a minute later said Arsenal should have gone for Berba. You haven't won a game either!

Heh I really wouldn't lump Merson in as being one of us, he seems to make more digs at us than any other team around. Still bitter that Wenger got rid of him.

So... not only did we keep Hulk AND Moutinho we also signed a new Colombian defender named Hector Quiñones. Anyone know this guy?

We have such a great team right now! CL, brace yourself!

<3 Porto!

Ushojax

Does Merson know we still have Sandro and Parker? He seems to think we will play:

Dembele Gylfi
Dempsey

as a midfield 3. No surprise that the Arsenal and Liverpool members of the panel are taking the piss.

Ushojax

I can't watch this any more. These guys are so fucking stupid.

Nicholas really is taking the piss. I look forward to his weaseling when they have to talk about fucking Giroud and Podolski as replacing RVP.

Wilbur

Banned
Hi guys, im looking at getting a Chelsea home shirt and found this site: Football Shirt 2 U and wondered if any of you had used it?

I was actually looking for last years home shirt (cheaper) but they have this years for £17 including free delivery. Didn't want to just give them my money though without asking on here first. Seems a bit good to be true and potential customs issue is making me wait on ordering...

Also, what other websites do you order shirts from? I've looked at Sports Direct/Kitbag and can't think of any others that might have them for a decent price.

If you're looking for very good fakes, http://www.soccertriads.com/index.php

Honestly a bunch of us have used them and they're brilliant quality. If you're looking for real ones then I have no idea haha

RaGe_pt

So... not only did we keep Hulk AND Moutinho we also signed a new Colombian defender named Hector Quiñones. Anyone know this guy?

We have such a great team right now! CL, brace yourself!

<3 Porto!

We are stronger! I'm aiming for the quarter finals of the CL this year. I hope we do a lot better than last year. About Hector, none knows a thing about the guy, I hope I get a pleasant surprise ;). And benfica is weaker this year. They sold their DM and didn't hire a player to substitute him (they only have matic). They don't have a good LB (melgarejo and luisinho are not good enough) and they hired another striker for lots of money when they needed a defender. Stupid management from their stupid president (I hope he stays at benfica for a long long time!)

Wilbur

Banned
Good finish, great header by Andy. And Vaz Te is a real player.

West Ham's defence doesn't look great though personnel wise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom