• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
lloris730.jpg

isn't he adorable

Both teams to score: Swansea V Sunderland, Crystal Palace V Sheffield Wednesday & Milton Keynes V Carlisle @ around 5/1

Both teams to score: Derby V Watford, Tranmere V Colchester & York V Oxford @ around 5/1

Port Vale, Gillingham, Swansea & Spurs all to win @ 12/1

Oxford Utd, Rochdale & Dunfermiline @ 13/2

Ushojax

I have a feeling that he's going to get battered like De Gea was.

He probably will at first. TBH modern keepers in general are flappy and focus more on reflex shot stopping and sweeping than dealing with aerial balls. I think that would be an issue with any keeper we could get, most important is that he is young, ready to work hard and in Brad he has a fantastic pro to learn the ways of the PL from.

He probably will at first. TBH modern keepers in general are flappy and focus more on reflex shot stopping and sweeping than dealing with aerial balls. I think that would be an issue with any keeper we could get, most important is that he is young, ready to work hard and in Brad he has a fantastic pro to learn the ways of the PL from.

Yeah, to be honest Brad Friedel doesn't come out for crosses any way, so at least we've made an upgrade as a shot stopper.

And yes, he is adorable.

we've signed an asos model :/

Ushojax

Friedel- Gallas,Vertonghen,Walker,Assou- Sandro,Dembele- Sigurdsson,Lennon,Bale-Adebayor. 4-2-3-1

Yep.

Bench will probably be Cudicini, Caulker, Naughton, Livermore, Jenas
we were so close
, Townsend, Defoe

neoanarch

Oh man I missed this yesterday during the transfer madness.

Carlos Slim the richest man in the world has bought a 30% stake in the Mexican club Pachuca FC, which also owns Leon FC. Should have just bought Leon, I'm sure he could have bought it outright for the same price. But this is potentially huge news.

Mastadon

Banned
Bloody hell, went to Sainsburys this morning to get some food and apparently managed to drop my wallet in the process without realising. A nice lady picked it up, found my address from my license and came round to return it to me :)

Wouldn't get that in Asda!

Bloody hell, went to Sainsburys this morning to get some food and apparently managed to drop my wallet in the process without realising. A nice lady picked it up, found my address from my license and came round to return it to me :)

Wouldn't get that in Asda!
Don't talk bad about Asda.

Ushojax

Find that very hard to believe. Rodgers is meticulous. He would have known exactly what was available from the start.

Well somebody screwed up somewhere. It went from 'expect 2 signings' to sweet fuck all 6 hours later. Rogers said himself he'd be mental to let Carroll go without a replacement.

ManUtd Stuff ‏@ManUtdStuff
Steven Gerrard: “Gary Neville said he Sir Alex wanted me. But you understand that playing for Manchester United would have been impossible.”

ManUtd Stuff ‏@ManUtdStuff
Gerrard: “It was flattering that, after everything he achieved, Sir Alex wanted me to play for him. But that was an impossible situation.”

Haha I remember when we were trying to pull this off. It was always a ridiculously long shot but man I wanted it so bad. Remember he was doing punditry on an England game and he ruled it out :(

Some United fans would have never accepted it though, even if by some miracle it ever did happen.

bud23

Supposedly Llorente is coming in January.................Scudetto is still in the bag though......

I think so.If Athletic is smart, they will sell to llorente in January. Juventus or Chelsea are the two most likely destinations imo

GorillaJu

Well somebody screwed up somewhere. It went from 'expect 2 signings' to sweet fuck all 6 hours later. Rogers said himself he'd be mental to let Carroll go without a replacement.

So who was it that fucked up at Spurs that allowed Modrić to be sold without a replacement?

Ushojax

So who was it that fucked up at Spurs that allowed Modrić to be sold without a replacement?

We did get a replacement, Mousa Dembele. We just couldn't sign the ideal replacement, which was Moutinho. Dembele will play in Modric's old position but in a different way.

dc89

Who is Benfica president? This guy must be a genius.

Well he knows Sheikh Mansour is selling up soon and when Barca and Madrid come calling for the likes of Kompany, Yaya, Silva and Aguero he knows he'll get a nice bit of income from Garcia who will be sold too.

Bo-Locks

I think Rooney is one of the most overrated players in the world. The range of his form is massive. He can play absolutely appalling for 10+ games, like a fucking pub team player, and then hit form, score goals and tear teams apart. He's at the point now where he's not going to improve, and with Kagawa and others to fit in around Rooney's territory, I honestly don't think he would be such a big loss. His lack of commitment with his fitness is only going to be accentuated as he gets older. If someone is stupid enough to offer £40m then we should take it. What would happen to that hypothetical £40m is another question entirely.

near

Gold Member
I think we must have had trouble getting rid of him last night with all the cameras being there, so I'm hoping we paid the council to come and collect him.

My brother said he read we offered £6m + Jenas to Fulham and they just took the £6m for Clint. Lolz.

Ushojax

I think we must have had trouble getting rid of him last night what with all the cameras being there, so I'm hoping we paid the council to come and collect him.

Apparently we sent him off to Sunderland without realising we couldn't loan them two players at once. Pretty embarrassing but he can be a steady eddy in the Europa at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom