• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Tottenham really is playing poorly here. They'll win this, somehow or another, because god is unfair. But sweet mercy, do they look bad.

Zabojnik

You think Guidetti would get a game over Tevez and Dzeko?

Mancini.jpg

"You know it."

Before we climb up onto our horses, if any of the clubs up the table had 1 point from 2 games and played shit and then turned in a 45 minutes like that - they'd probably get boo'ed too.

And the applause began to drown out the boo's anyway.

Poor from Spurs - needs urgency and movement.

GorillaJu

Hope Liverpools fucked up transfer day is on Being Liverpool

It's not. The series is ending with the Man City game. But very mature of you.

It happens a lot when there are poor performances. Nothing new.

Disgraceful, regardless. You're just making it worse. Teams need support from their supporters. Spurs fans are, at the moment, looking like wankers. Don't they understand how good their training facility is?

Arnie

Before we climb up onto our horses, if any of the clubs up the table had 1 point from 2 games and played shit and then turned in a 45 minutes like that - they'd probably get boo'ed too.

Disagree.

We've got 1 point from 2 matches, and if we turn in a performance like that in the first half on Sunday the fans won't boo.

Empty

Robbie Savage, Final Score
"The trouble with AVB's Spurs is that, with three up front and two sitting midfielders, they have no width. When they played so well last season they had Lennon and Bale on the wings. Look what they did to Inter.

he's right you know

i think it's broadly indicative of avb's main flaw as a manager. lennon and bale's attributes aren't best suited to his rigid adherence to a system of inverted wingers with lots of creative freedom. maybe things will change when he can play dempsey instead of lennon, has adebayor linking up better than defoe does and dembele bringing more urgency to the middle.

Wilbur

Banned
Disagree.

We've got 1 point from 2 matches, and if we turn in a performance like that in the first half on Sunday the fans won't boo.

Agreed. I've sat at home and said we've played fucking wank but if I was in the stadium (I'M A LANDANAAAAH) I would try and encourage them.

Meier

Just saw the news as to why no Balotelli. Jeez, a whole month?! I'm jealous.. some day I will be able to afford LASIK. He has some pretty serious allergy problems it seems like.

bud23

Why isn't Dembele starting? You're at home vs Norwich and he's just had a storming game vs United, it's perfect for him.

The same argument is valid for Adebayor.Defoe is not a true 9, so in fact the spurs are playing without a scorer.I hope to see Adebayor in the second half

GorillaJu

WHERE ARE THE PEOPLE WHO LAUGHED AT FLETCHERS TRANSFER FEE

WHERE ARE THEY NOW

SHOW YOURSELF

BOW DOWN TO THE BEST FINISHER IN THE LEAGUE

Haha. I'm with you and was from the start. Been banging on about it - £12m for Fletcher is good business for Sunderland.

Disagree.

But Liverpool were brilliant last week. Fans are positive at the moment. Tottenham fans aren't, they're looking for some inspiration.

And we all know what happened with Hodgson.

Arnie

Well to be fair I did say that Fletcher was a decent deal.

Liverpool fans know about football though.

I want to see the people who were ridiculing it, you know, the ones who were banging on about Berbasexual, who was made to look like Berbapleb by big Andy Carroll.

WHERE ARE THE PEOPLE WHO LAUGHED AT FLETCHERS TRANSFER FEE

WHERE ARE THEY NOW

SHOW YOURSELF

BOW DOWN TO THE BEST FINISHER IN THE LEAGUE

Who successfully crosses the ball the most in the league? O'Neill teams. Who's one of the best finishers with his head? Fletcher. It made sense just looking at those stats.

Wilbur

Banned
Liverpool fans know about football though.

I want to see the people who were ridiculing it, you know, the ones who were banging on about Berbasexual, who was made to look like Berbapleb by big Andy Carroll.

This makes no sense when you didn't watch the match.

Arnie

But Liverpool were brilliant last week. Fans are positive at the moment. Tottenham fans aren't, they're looking for some inspiration.

And we all know what happened with Hodgson.

Comparing this situation to Hodgson is apples to oranges. We weren't booing on September 1st, and AVB has done far less to deserve boos. And anyway, we didn't boo, we sang 'Hodgson for England' (which I personally told people to stop on multiple occasions).

Spurs have just spent a shit load of money. We've had a disaster. And yet we won't boo.

This makes no sense when you didn't watch the match.

Berba got spunked by the man with a plan, Andy Carroll. Was inevitable, slept through it and knew it.

GorillaJu

Surprised your lot didn't go for him.

Consider me surprised as well. An absolute Dalglish signing if there ever was one.

Viva, the fan and club relationship is symbiotic. It's frustrating to see your team play poorly, but if you cheer them on when they're down, they'll want to play well for you. If not today, they'll remember that you did your best to lift them when they were struggling, and they'll fight to deserve that support.

I don't think there's ever a reason to boo your own team. I don't know if Liverpool fans ever really boo'd Hodgson, but if they did or didn't it's inconsequential to how I feel.

BREAKING: FSG in search of new Managing Director after shambolic deadline day: http://t.co/lrvyvhgv

Has that been posted?

LiverpoolGAF, what do we think

Do you have any idea how silly you look by posting BREAKING, then asking if its been posted yet? Yes, it has been posted. I'd be happy with a new managing director, don't think Ian Ayre is up to snuff. He did well with the commercial deals and think he deserves a place in the club, but if we want to be one of the best we need a real CEO or MD, not Ayre, who is makeshift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom