• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeegsD

Completely forgot to do my Week 3 transfers last night :( One thing led to another, and next thing I know its Saturday morning :/ So now I have two useless Chelsea players on the field with Collins getting a bunch of points while sitting on the bench.It's gonna be tough to catch up now.

But anywho, have the games been decent today?

Arnie

People actually think we're booing the manager?

Not the manager, per se, but the team as a whole, which does include the manager.

Surprised your lot didn't go for him.

damien-comolli-007.jpg

dc89

Was it Phantast that said it seems like you don't actually read the thread?

He may have a point.

Did you read the thread earlier where I said that I'm at work and I like to stay tuned in but don't have time to read page after page?

I won't bother in future.

I'm not saying it's good to boo - its not.

I'm just saying I'm not surprised if happens and it happens and would happen at several clubs.

It's about the mood of the fans. Spurs ended last season on a big negative. They've gone on to lose 2 of their 3 beat players this summer. Remember they've made a profit this transfer window, they haven't spent big at all in that respect.

And now their team is playing badly. Lazily with no desire.

They shouldn't be booing and I don't know what they're booing - but its easy to say "oh look what shit fans".

Tottenham fans are fine. Every clubs fans have moment when they let themselves down and often it's very understandable.

GorillaJu

Was it Phantast that said it seems like you don't actually read the thread?

He may have a point.

Hey give me credit, I give him shit about it all the time.

Kyoufu, it's counter-productive.

Bungie, don't think anyone's claiming that the supporters are boo'ing the manager. The obvious target would be the players, who are underperforming.

Again, I think it's counter-productive to boo your team. They need a lift - give them the home advantage, for goodness sakes.

Nothing wrong with booing a bad performance.

What are you supposed to? Kiss their feet?

Nah, but sometimes making a racket despite the dismal performance and showing your support can be a hell of a lot more helpful to the team than booing them.

I know West Ham have been guilty of booing our players in recent years, and it's hard not to when they show the kind of dispirited and utterly disinterested performances that got us relegated, but 3 games in? It's early days yet. I guess the Spuds feel they should be walking all over Norwich.

Wilbur

Banned
Who is this fucking commentator? Apparently Dembele will be as good as Modric and made Kagawa look like a schoolboy trying to defend against him.

GorillaJu

Did you read the thread earlier where I said that I'm at work and I like to stay tuned in but don't have time to read page after page?

I won't bother in future.

I don't want to tell you how to post, but surely you can understand, even with prior warning, that you look kind of.. "too excited" coming in with "BREAKING NEWS!!!!" and then being unaware if its been posted already. You also asked for Liverpool fans opinions, but if you aren't going to read the answers because you're at work, what the hell is the point of asking?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Why the fuck is Brad kicking it long all the time? On the ground FFS.

Kyoufu

French fans are the most shameful when it comes to booing their own players.

At Euro 2012 they boo'd players who played for Montpellier. Disgraceful.

Alan Smith?

Actually, we're second to Stoke who seem to find joy in booing a player who had his leg snapped in twain by one of their many thugs

I can't remember much about the Alan Smith leg break other than rumours about a bunch of knobends harassing the ambulance when it was leaving Anfield.

I meant the widespread booing in 08/09 when we drew against West Ham and went top of the table

bud23

If we keep playing like this there's no way in hell we can get out of our CL group

Yes,our group is insane (I´m Real Madrid fan) .Anyways,I can remember a group with Dortmund,Real and Milan, and the Dortmund was close to eliminate Real Madrid in the group stage.

Kone seems to be having a good impact at Wigan. 2-1 up vs Stoke. 2 wins out of 3 if they hold on, a good start for them if they can see it out today.

Let's make a list of players in the league who enjoy a full-on dive, not exaggerating impeding contact

Suarez
Gerrard
Downing
Bale
Young
Torres
Rooney

caramac

Actually, we're second to Stoke who seem to find joy in booing a player who had his leg snapped in twain by one of their many thugs

I can't remember much about the Alan Smith leg break other than rumours about a bunch of knobends harassing the ambulance when it was leaving Anfield.

I meant the widespread booing in 08/09 when we drew against West Ham and went top of the table

I seem to remember he got booed initially until it became apparent he was seriously injured.

When Spurs are as poor as they are, I don't see why it's that disgraceful to boo the team, especially if they don't look like they are fighting for it.

That almost looked in the penalty area.

Loved David Fairclough's comment then.

"Spurs play right now, it's a bit slow, a bit predictable. Like the chant the fans sing, that's a bit slow and predictable too."

Too right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom