• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soi-Fong

In Chiba or near Chiba? I used to live in Chiba, myself.

I got higher speeds when I lived in Seoul than I do in Japan. Usually 80+ mbps.

In Chiba. It's her first time on a foreign exchange so she's just getting use to the trains, the expensive groceries, the heat, etc. haha

dc89

Back just in time to see the awesome Super Sunday intro.

"I swear you'll never see anything like this ever again"

Arnie

Mine's fucking pants.

2155016137.png

My hangover's taken a real turn for the worst. I'm dribbling and shivering.

dc89

2155017110.png

Dat Download speed throttle from BT. Sometimes I get up to 50MBS DL.

---

I posted the link to that this morning! Where were you to celebrate it?!

GorillaJu

In Chiba. It's her first time on a foreign exchange so she's just getting use to the trains, the expensive groceries, the heat, etc. haha

The trains are easy to get used to, the heat as well. Surprised the groceries are expensive though, but a lot of people tend to buy vegetables/food they're comfortable with from the US, which is more expensive than Japanese stuff, like pickled plums, daikon radishes, etc., which are cheap as dirt.

Who is Sian Welby?

Mine's fucking pants.

2155016137.png

My hangover's taken a real turn for the worst. I'm dribbling and shivering.

O2 broadband is superior. They had really great speed when I had my apartment at uni. Got about 70% of advertised rate as I recall and was over 5 miles from the exchange on ADSL. They were only £8 a month because I was a mobile user too.

GorillaJu

My ISP does this thing where if you use a shit load of bandwidth, they throttle your P2P. It's based on some kind of bell curve. If you're downloading way more than anyone else, you'll be on the top of the list, so to speak, and you'll be throttled.

But you can just turn your computer off or unplug your modem for an hour and you get reset all the way back to the bottom.

It's annoying but manageable.

Arnie

O2 broadband is superior. They had really great speed when I had my apartment at uni. Got about 70% of advertised rate as I recall and was over 5 miles from the exchange on ADSL. They were only £8 a month because I was a mobile user too.
I'm still at home at the moment, move back to Uni next week. At Uni we have Sky which is pretty quick, but for some reason my mum got fucking Orange internet or some crap here, and it's wank.
What the fuck were you drinking? Antifreeze?
The night started with a cocktail experience, where we received a masterclass on how to make a few cocktails. I was slogging mojitos and cosmopolitans and shit.

There is a point, though, that you dont notice any difference in speed when browsing. And in many cases, the servers you download from won't even max out your throughput speed. Unless you do a lot of streaming video, then you're not really missing out on anything with fibre optic

There is a point, though, that you dont notice any difference in speed when browsing. And in many cases, the servers you download from won't even max out your throughput speed.

Indeed. It also depends on the speed of your PC. If you have brilliant internet-speed but an old pc (like mine, still on Vista and 3 years old now) the speed doesn't matter because your computer can't process it all fast enough.

GorillaJu

There is a point, though, that you dont notice any difference in speed when browsing. And in many cases, the servers you download from won't even max out your throughput speed. Unless you do a lot of streaming video, then you're not really missing out on anything with fibre optic

Well you'll always be limited by the servers you're downloading from, too.

The most I've ever seen is about 9 MB/sec. from Steam.

GorillaJu

Watching MOTD now and just realized Dembele's goal came following a foul that the referee played advantage on. Spurs seem to always score when the ref plays advantage for them.

elseanio

Virgin took over NTL right? I used to have NTL cable and it was utter utter dog shite. Virgin is satisfactory I assume?

Yep, its been great. Don't notice any caps (one day downloaded all my steam library after a format fucked up my steamapps)

Probably gonna downgrade the TV though. We hardly watch the movie channels, but since it's all part of the package I don't think we'd save much just cancelling them.

Salazar

The night started with a cocktail experience, where we received a masterclass on how to make a few cocktails. I was slogging mojitos and cosmopolitans and shit.

I haven't drunk since I made a tit of myself about a month ago. Don't remember a thing about the evening. Been told some horror stories.

Facism

Gold Member
best thing about virgin is that my connection has decent latency which ping sme to our natural selection server @10ms.

Everything else about virgin media is pure shit and i'd change if i knew what the other providers are like around here.

Terrible fucking company with some of the worst customer service, even had a scouse CS girl be an angry racist down the phone to me because of my surname.

best thing about virgin is that my connection has decent latency which ping sme to our natural selection server @10ms.

Everything else about virgin media is pure shit and i'd change if i knew what the other providers are like around here.

Terrible fucking company with some of the worst customer service, even had a scouse CS girl be an angry racist down the phone to me because of my surname.

No way. What happened exactly

sohois

2155032315.png

Just got this installed today, was expecting a lot slower because :lol China, a pleasant surprise. Though I guess given the cost it should be a given that it would be this fast.

edit: damn at F1, that the start of the race?

GorillaJu

2155032315.png

Just got this installed today, was expecting a lot slower because :lol China, a pleasant surprise. Though I guess given the cost it should be a given that it would be this fast.

edit: damn at F1, that the start of the race?

At 400 miles from your server, that's not a bad speed at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom