• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

Yep. Having the best facilities doesn't mean you're gonna have the best youth set-up, if I was a young player the money at City would put me off as now you're more likely to just go out and buy a player than develop one (and yes I know United's team today will only likely have one player we trained from scratch in Jonny Evans).

Top facilities, aye nice to have but doesn't mean people will want to come if it looks like there is no progress being made through the ranks.

DC1979 raves about Denis Suarez and then what to City do? Sign Scott Sinclair, to be their fifth choice attacker.

Salazar

Wenger planning to drop Theo ?

Dammit. Headless running at Liverpool's defence is one of your best moves.

It's the most ambitious project in the English game.

Stupendously sugar-daddied club finds ways to spend stupendous amounts of money. Let's all applaud.

dc89

DC1979 raves about Denis Suarez and then what to City do? Sign Scott Sinclair, to be their fifth choice attacker.

I'm not the only one here who rates him. Arnie has said many positive things about him.

I posted yesterday how disappointed I was that he was named in the 20 day match day squad but sadly was left out altogether.

Stubo

I can't predict the future, but all I said was that at this present time I'd rather be working at Arsenal's youth setup than City's, because it actually seems more relevant to the success of the club on the pitch.

Regardless of the monetary investment in City's facilities, this doesn't necessarily dictate if a significant proportion of the produced talent will ever make it to a league game in a City shirt, there are too many top foreign players being recruited to make any sort of guarantee to that effect.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
B17 is not in our squad for today's game. :(

Also, I love how a week ago Milan was definitely going to Serie B at the end of the year, while now we're either going to win the scudetto or end 2nd, according to the same journalist.

:lol :lol

Arnie

So it's been confirmed by The Times that we can buy Nuri for £11 million at the end of the loan. Fucking bargain. Although it's by no means a guarantee because he may well want to return to Madrid.

Breakfast has restored some semblance of order to my stomach, but my head's still a mess.

So it's been confirmed by The Times that we can buy Nuri for £11 million at the end of the loan. Fucking bargain. Although it's by no means a guarantee because he may well want to return to Madrid.

Breakfast has restored some semblance of order to my stomach, but my head's still a mess.

I thought the reason why Real wanted Liverpool to take him on loan was that they weren't asking for a buy option?

GorillaJu

Yes.

Though the failure to sign Dempsey agitated Rodgers, the manager will be placated by the promise of being backed generously in future transfer windows including a bid for Walcott, a player he has long admired.

Yes.

Ian Ayre, Liverpool’s chief executive, has borne the brunt of supporters’ fury about deadline day but his position is not threatened, despite renewed speculation about his future following reports in Australia that Gillon McLachlan, chief operating officer of the Australian Football League, had turned down the chance to replace Ayre earlier this year.

Okay. I really like the idea of Gillon McLachlan, but if Ayre's position is still safe then I've got to believe there's a reason for it.

I thought the reason why Real wanted Liverpool to take him on loan was that they weren't asking for a buy option?

According to Sahin, nothing to do with financials, he talked to Rodgers and felt Liverpool was the best option, and Xabi has been in his ear since the idea was mooted about going to Liverpool.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Del Piero - Owen, do it Southampton.

redbull-e-liquid.jpg

WJD

Erghhhhhh, hanging out my arse here. Me and the Mrs are going out for a massive Sunday lunch to recover though so it's not all bad.

Yesterday we had 10 out of 11 Italian players in our starting XI. :O

Good result after all, Bologna has a couple of really, really good players (especially Diamanti), I can see other teams struggling at the Dall'Ara. We still have a lot of issues: our defenders need somebody to tell them how to move around the pitch and coordinate them (this was Nesta role last year, after Maldini said goodbye) and fast, otherwise facing Juve, Inter, Roma and Napoli will be painful; our midfield need to get in shape (Nocerino in particular was awful last night, Montolivo showed once more that he need a couple of more weeks at least to understand Allegri's tactics) and our strikers need to wake up. Except for Pazzini, who may become our next Tomasson by scoring awful looking goals (yet important), El Shaarawy really need to decide his role, Bojan need to get back in shape and Boateng has to become much more deadly in front of the goal (yes, he's a AMC, but he knows how to shoot and how to score. We need him to be more precise, that's it).

The most important thing is to build up a proper defensive line, Tassotti must work with our players as much as possible, he was one of the people who made the scudetto year possible, defensive-wise. As for the rest of the team, the only thing they have to do is play and stack up minutes.

Also, I love how a week ago Milan was definitely going to Serie B at the end of the year, while now we're either going to win the scudetto or end 2nd, according to the same journalist.

Pazzini is a pure poacher. The goals he scored against Bologna are exactly what I expect of him, and that's why I was such a huge proponent of him coming to Juventus. I don't think he'll break 20 goals, but he'll get to about 15. Which is fantastic for you guys. He can make the difference.

I'm expecting you guys will have no choice but to reinforce in defence in January.

B17 is not in our squad for today's game. :(

:lol :lol

Language difficulties. No, seriously, why isn't he in the squad?

Wes

venison crêpe
Due to my upgraded broadband I'll finally be able to watch F1 AND the game AND load Sunhi's gifs without lagging out like soup.

Kyoufu

Due to my upgraded broadband I'll finally be able to watch F1 AND the game AND load Sunhi's gifs without lagging out like soup.

Lol friend on twitter says I should get back into F1 with today's race. How long is it and will it clash with all the football?

Yen

Lol friend on twitter says I should get back into F1 with today's race. How long is it and will it clash with all the football?

Clashes with Liverpool-Arsenal.

SO IF ANY OF YOU FUCKERS SPOILS THE F1, YOU WILL PAY.
Duckroll banned the last guy to deliberately spoil the F1

Wes

venison crêpe

Race starts at 1. So you could watch the start (generally exciting) for half an hour at least before the game starts.

Spa is widely considered one of the best, if not the best, circuit in the world. Qualifying through up some unexpected results. Should be a good one.

Soi-Fong

Bundesliga superiority affirmed.

A bleep test for those of you who don't know asks a player to run between a set distance before the allocated time gradually decreases, causing the participant to increase their speed.

Kagawa either matched Beckham's result which would be the maximum attainable or he came close to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom