• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man City so lucky yet again, didn't deserve anything out of that game. Are they going to make it two seasons in a row where they win the league but don't deserve to?

city_champions_2218303c.jpg

I don't know why people are surprised by the result, Liverpool always get up for the big games it's the West Broms and Stokes they need to worry about.

GorillaJu

Threw it away. I know we place more importance on possession than we used to, but I don't want to see us completely abandon the 'if in doubt, get rid of it' ethos, or we'll always be liable to concede goals like that

That was an individual error and nothing else. He had a fantastic game otherwise, but no one would have complained if he had just hoofed it away there. Completely unnecessary back pass.

PowderedToast

Hard not to feel a bit gutted, but it's a point on the board, against the champions no less.

I get the feeling its going to be like Jeckyl and Hyde with us this season home and away.

i'm hoping west brom doesn't spell a pattern. i know it's easier said than done but we seriously need to approach every game like we did today. you only start to approach the title when you have consistency.

LegoArmo

Think we'll get something from the game. Not looking forward to playing Chelsea. Have to see how we do with our proper first team available.

Sterling is class btw, Liverpool got a great player.

I always have confidence in United to get the points. Will just be very fired up that day, and a nervous wreck.

Hopefully they gift us 2 goals though.

Labadal

It was a good game, but a real shame that Kelly and Skrtel made those mistakes and Lucas got injured. I still think we at times do not have enough people in attack. other than that, we looked really solid.

What I liked is that our young players looked competitive and weren't outplayed.

Arnie

I would've taken a draw before the game but that doesn't make it any less painful.

In fairness, whilst we weren't gifted a goal, I think the Rodwell free kick was immensely harsh on City. It was similar to the penalty at Anfield in the Carling Cup, ricochet off the knee and up onto the arms, which I don't think were in a particularly unusual position.

Still, thought we were the better team today, and really deserved more than a point.

Happy about the performance though, and i'm sure there'll be a positive attitude going into the Arsenal game. Loved Allen as well.

elseanio

Would have taken a draw before he game, but that feels like a defeat. Promising signs though, I just don't think we have much quality coming off the bench to change games

GorillaJu

I would've taken a draw before the game but that doesn't make it any less painful.

In fairness, whilst we weren't gifted a goal, I think the Rodwell free kick was immensely harsh on City. It was similar to the penalty at Anfield in the Carling Cup, ricochet off the knee and up onto the arms, which I don't think were in a particularly unusual position.

Still, thought we were the better team today, and really deserved more than a point.

Happy about the performance though, and i'm sure there'll be a positive attitude going into the Arsenal game. Loved Allen as well.

The midfield was exceptional, wasn't it? Absolute control through the middle three, and almost never let City past them.

We still need work up front. That hasn't changed, and Suarez, despite being overall quite threatening and scoring a perfect free kick, didn't do enough as a striker.

That said, lots of positives to take, for a team to play in this new system against the champions so early is very difficult but they played their hearts out and put on a fantastic show.

Should have been 2-1. Should have been 2-0, really :p

doicare

Something that stood out was the number of times we had chances to make chances, and slightly mishit the ball or lingered a bit, losing the chance.

GorillaJu

Gary Neville right on the mark again, this time re: Andy Carroll.

The United kit doesn't look bad from really far away. The shape of the collar and the contrast with the jersey color is really nice IMO. It's when you get close enough to see the actual pattern and it looks terrible.

Mastadon

Banned
Gary Neville right on the mark again, this time re: Andy Carroll.

The United kit doesn't look bad from really far away. The shape of the collar and the contrast with the jersey color is really nice IMO. It's when you get close enough to see the actual pattern and it looks terrible.

What did Neville say?

LTWheels

Before the match I would have leaped at a draw with City. Now after watching the match....

Glad to see we have opened our goal scoring account, especially with Suarez scoring. He can put away the spectacular shots, but not the simple ones...very frustrating. Would have liked to see us score from open play rather than set-pieces.

Sterling looked good, but I don't think he will start every match. Good not to see Downing play again. Hard to judge Borini still. Out on the wing is clearly not his position, he needs to be in the centre. I still advocate swapping Borini and Suarez positions, or a change to our formation allowing two strikers up front. Carroll looked decent as well when he came on.

Allen is a midfield boss.

GorillaJu

What did Neville say?

Just said that Andy Carroll has every right to want to fight for his place at Liverpool and if we're going to get rid of him we better have another striker coming in, because putting a 21 year old who is fresh to the league (Borini) and Andy Carroll is basically our best option by default.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom