• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

doicare

I don't think any other fans not wearing tableclothes care either, so take your bitterness and trundle off home, kid.
Of course other fans don't care either, Manchester United are one of the most hated clubs in world football because of how successful they've been over the years. Other fans can't stand it when United keep on winning trophies, so when United do lose they don't care how it happened, they just want to troll and laugh.

dc89

TalkSPORT discussing Sterling.

Pretty sure they just said he saw his father murdered.

Jesus, best of luck to the lad. He looks superb I just hope he has good people around him not just at Liverpool but in her personal life too.

That was Ravel's downfall.

PaulLFC

On the way home, gutted and encouraged at the same time. Can't help feeling we should have won that, and we gifted them a point. But apart from those two moments we played brilliantly, and if we can play like that in the other games this season we'll do very well.

Yen

TalkSPORT discussing Sterling.

Pretty sure they just said he saw his father murdered.

Jesus, best of luck to the lad. He looks superb I just hope he has good people around him not just at Liverpool but in her personal life too.

That was Ravel's downfall.

He'll be fine. At the last U21 game, Rodgers was dancing with him.

On the way home, gutted and encouraged at the same time. Can't help feeling we should have won that, and we gifted them a point. But apart from those two moments we played brilliantly, and if we can play like that in the other games this season we'll do very well.

Rodgers was just on talking about how he still needs to add to the squad. Getting a striker is obviously top of the list, but I think another central defender needs to be added. I'm not convinced Skrtel is ever going to be above making idiotic decisions, he's a weak point going forward.

Arnie

I'm not convinced Skrtel is ever going to be above making idiotic decisions, he's a weak point going forward.

If Skrtel hadn't given the ball away there he would've been a shoe in for man of the match. And as Rodgers said, that mistake wasn't just his fault, the options and angles available to him weren't good enough.

LegoArmo

Rodgers was just on talking about how he still needs to add to the squad. Getting a striker is obviously top of the list, but I think another central defender needs to be added. I'm not convinced Skrtel is ever going to be above making idiotic decisions, he's a weak point going forward.

You won't get someone better than him for a reasonable price, though. He's good enough.

Yen

Skrtel was our best player last season, and our best player today for the first 80 minutes.

GQman2121

Banned

It was just one bad game. One in which he also scored. If that backpass happened and then he scored - the conversation would be a bit different, which isn't exactly fair. But that's the way it is. He's far from their weakest point. He and Agger are a formidable pair when together.

GorillaJu

It's perhaps at least worth mentioning that Skrtel is normally a right-sided CB, with Agger on the left.

Also, Coates today... not bad, eh? He had a couple really good tackles around the edge of the box. Toward the end he was a little big dodgy in the build up that led to Dzeko's miss, but was pretty good throughout.

Don't think Skrtel should get any stick at all for his performance. It was a dire mistake that he made there, but like Rodgers was saying, the players didn't make it easy for him to make the pass. He was soo good throughout the game and his header was a fucking screamer.

Arnie

One of my favourite images of the day. Some classy City fans there.

proxy.jpg

GQman2121

Banned
It's perhaps at least worth mentioning that Skrtel is normally a right-sided CB, with Agger on the left.

Also, Coates today... not bad, eh? He had a couple really good tackles around the edge of the box. Toward the end he was a little big dodgy in the build up that led to Dzeko's miss, but was pretty good throughout.

Don't think Skrtel should get any stick at all for his performance. It was a dire mistake that he made there, but like Rodgers was saying, the players didn't make it easy for him to make the pass. He was soo good throughout the game and his header was a fucking screamer.

Yes, one of Coates best performances in memory given the opposition.

This LFC side that showed up today would have thrashed Arsenal. Next week is going to be interesting now that both coaches have the tape to review and time to make their adjustments.

Arnie

Yes, one of Coates best performances in memory given the opposition.

This LFC side that showed up today would have thrashed Arsenal. Next week is going to be interesting now that both coaches have the tape to review and time to make their adjustments.

Was great to hear Rodgers talk about how they prepared for both 4-2-3-1 and 3-5-2 in the post match interview. Fuck knows what Roy used to do.

LTWheels

Sahin as well! Hopefully Lucas isn't too injured. Still need an finish. It's great buying all these young players, but need an experienced proven finisher. Would like to see Carroll get more game time.

Arnie

Sahin as well! Hopefully Lucas isn't too injured. Still need an finish. It's great buying all these young players, but need an experienced proven finisher. Would like to see Carroll get more game time.

Was so relieved to hear it was his thigh, not his knee. In any case, gives us less of a headache slipping Sahin into the team.

Want to see Sterling run at Jenkinson next weekend.

We're fine as we are, right Galliani?!

Not looking good.

Fergie

Banned
If he is, seems that Sahin loan could be good.

Coates is a colossus of a player, but it's difficult for young players in defense to get used to the pace of the league. He's not quick so his positioning needs to be top notch and that will only come with games. His heading was class today, Hyypia-esque. Like to see him and Kelly as our 2nd choice Centre back pairing really. We need backup full backs, another striker and cover for Lucas, though maybe Sahin can provide the latter. We also need to move on Adam and Cole if possible. Carroll should stay, we've got a lot of games this season.

GorillaJu

Sterling is the type who does make defenders shit the bed and panic. He could have a big week against Arsenal if he gets his chance.

After seeing how well he did today, you really wouldn't want to start Downing over him, would you?

Coates is a colossus of a player, but it's difficult for young players in defense to get used to the pace of the league. He's not quick so his positioning needs to be top notch and that will only come with games. His heading was class today, Hyypia-esque. Like to see him and Kelly as our 2nd choice Centre back pairing really. We need backup full backs, another striker and cover for Lucas, though maybe Sahin can provide the latter. We also need to move on Adam and Cole if possible. Carroll should stay, we've got a lot of games this season.

Think Allen can cover for Lucas. How much of a bigger test do you get than Manchester City? He did magnificently today, I thought.

LTWheels

We have got Robinson and Wilson coming through. Maybe a bit too soon for them this season though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom