• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

As well as that Brian Reade piece, you would do well to have a look at some of the turnstile operator witness statements. They're available for public viewing online along with the other documents released yesterday.

They go into a rather large collective detail about certain things going on at the gates and turnstiles that isn't being reflected in the media or by the government, apparently.

In due course I will sit down and have a read through the body of documents, right now though it's the scope of the cover up and smear campaign that's taking centre stage for me and most others.

People were referred to as 'bodies' before they'd even died. It's abhorrent.

dc89

Scary thing is. I think UK retailers can choose the price again with no RRP. As Nintendo didn't mention prices and just Tweeted "prices will be on retailers website shortly."

Arnie

Wii is shit and could be 50p and I'd still not buy one.

Exaggerated, obviously, but I agree. Wouldn't think about buying a Wii U for anything under £100. Shit online and hardware that's still in the current generations ballpark.

I haven't owned Nintendo hardware since the N64. If I get that desperate to play some Mario or Zelda I'll go back and buy a Gamecube for dirt cheap because, let's be truthful, those franchises barely change. In fact I've yet to play Wind Waker and I hear it's one of the best Zelda games of all time, so chances are it could be superior to any new release on the Wii U.

Thanks both.
I'll try and get a look ar some of the stuff released as well though the final paragraph of the piece above somewhat turns the stomach. I think it's the obvious sense of helplessness in a situation like that.

Despite feeling I would never be at the back pushing, it probably doesn't take many rows of people leaning forward a bit to build up such pressure at the front. And we've likely all done that at one time or another!

Slizz

A bit harsh but yeah kinda.

All this WiiU and iPhone talk is making me crazy. Should turn my internet off.

It's crazy how little I care about both those devices.

Though I don't mind the talk because I gain knowledge I can use in real conversations, that of course will happen pertaining to those subjects.

Bumhead

Banned
In due course I will sit down and have a read through the body of documents, right now though it's the scope of the cover up and smear campaign that's taking centre stage for me and most others.

People were referred to as 'bodies' before they'd even died. It's abhorrent.

Yep, for me there are a few seperate things going on here, which is why I thought Camerons "Black and White" statement was incredibly ill advised. Very little about life is black and white. Hillsborough certainly isn't.

The incompetence, lies and cover ups by the SYP (and possibly the conservative government) certainly need priority action. But I think the focus is being muddled, and certain issues are being merged into others where its not relevant. Blanket, sweeping statements and judgments are being made when they shouldn't be.

There is also information in the public domain which I don't feel is being represented properly by government or the media, but thats another story. I spent a good portion of my evening last night reading documents released and some of them make very interesting reading.

Linius

Man, I love that show. Wait till you get to 'Out of Gas' :(

I'm watching the DVD order, I understanded Fox totally screwed the original order :p

Anyways, I watched the double ep. pilot and the two episodes after that so far. Great characters and a wonderful mix between sci-fi, action, drama and western stuff. Also, dat humour!

And then I suddenly remembered why I hate console launches:
- Fanboy craze (in this case: both, positive and negative reaction to the announcement)
- Fucking third-party (timed) exclusive games. MS was the worst offender this time around and I bet they'll be just as bad this time since they barely have any in-house studios left

I didn't love Bayonetta, but found to be pretty cool/interesting in terms of design/some gameplay-decisions. Really really hated to world though.

Not enough to swoon me.

Jensen

- Fucking third-party (timed) exclusive games. MS was the worst offender this time around and I bet they'll be just as bad this time since they barely have any in-house studios left
I agree. Even though having one company dominate is not a healthy market I miss the PS2 generation because it had everything but Halo and the Nintendo first party games and choosing which platform to buy multiplayer games was much easier.

Messi

I'm watching the DVD order, I understanded Fox totally screwed the original order :p

Anyways, I watched the double ep. pilot and the two episodes after that so far. Great characters and a wonderful mix between sci-fi, action, drama and western stuff. Also, dat humour!

I should say more but

mal-what.gif

ps: I know thats a castle gif

Linius

I agree. Even though having one company dominate is not a healthy market I miss the PS2 generation because it had everything but Halo and the Nintendo first party games and choosing which platform to buy multiplayer games was much easier.

Yeah, deciding which first party games you want to play is hard enough already.

I should say more but

This .gif has never been so accurate :lol

I guess I've watched everything by next week. Then you can say what you want :p

Still need to start it

So many shows to catch up too

Came across an RVP injury update. Good news.

RVP injury update

Having just watched the first half of the Hungary/Holland match I feel better positioned to offer a confident appraisal.

The foul on RVP was committed by Juhasz in the 29th minute. (28:37) The defender looms in clumsily from behind, connecting with his right knee around the back of RVP’s left upper leg around the thigh/gluteal area. RVP is braced and leaning slightly back as he takes the impact. This means that it doesn’t take a great deal of force in the impact area (just effective leverage) for the line of gravity to come outside the base of support (a circle around the feet) and for a new base of support to manifest…in this instance RVP’s ass…think back to when someone places their knee at the back of your leg from behind when you’re standing, it usually illicits an amusing ‘flop’ like action as leverage, momentum and gravity work their magic, now think what would happen if you were braced and leaning backwards when this happened. This could be complicated if the boot studs got caught in the ground, which, in this instance, they didn’t. For a pitch-side physio, RVP’s subsequent actions would reveal it to be a fairly innocuous tackle.

Interestingly, RVP, immediately after the tackle, lies prone and totally motion-less. As soon as the whistle blows for a foul, RVP reacts instantly, rolling over and getting to his feet. Tellingly, here, we can clearly see RVP’s facial expression, he exhibits no signs of grimacing or pain and no signs of worry or anxiety. If he was in any pain or injured, he would not be able to hide this in his facial expression.

We can make further confident inferences with RVP’s resulting game incidents post the tackle:

29:35 mins: Sharp turn, twisting and accelerating from a standing start.

31:36 mins. Makes strong sliding tackle, intuitively and spontaneously gets to his feet and accelerates sharply.

32:43 mins: a phase of play which shows RVP making passes, sprinting and moving with perfect mechanical fluidity.

33.55 mins: drifting deep to link up play and 45.53 mins: defending in the penalty area. If a striker was carrying an injury, he would probably not be running box to box.

38:40 mins: shows lovely quick, soft feet and agile hip movement around the box.

The movements highlighted are important, as these movements broken down can form part of a battery of tests to confirm a player match fit and are some of the most mechanically demanding match actions. Furthermore, post tackle, RVP exhibits no sign of an antalgic gait, (a form of gait abnormality where the stance phase of gait is abnormally shortened relative to the swing phase. It can be a good indication of pain with weight-bearing) indeed, he shows no sign of any dis-comfort whatsoever throughout the rest of the half. If any injuries were present the movements RVP exhibited would not be as pure or as fluid as he performed them.

IMO from a physiotherapy perspective RVP shows no signs of any lingering injury whatsoever. At worst he could have suffered a very minor contusion, the sort you can often ‘run-off’ in a match. Although, in fairness, there were no signs of even this. There is always the possibility that he may well feel some soreness and ‘tightness’ the next day, but he would have been straight on the physio plinth and the training ground for treatment…movement therapies and stretching techniques would be allied to some massage techniques to minimise any haematoma formation. He should be 100% fit for the weekend.

Arnie

This is the expansion with tons more content.

A new blue dragon and a couple of swords?

I've never played a Monster Hunter game, so my opinions are all from a position of ignorance, but it's always appeared like they milk each edition into oblivion.

Wouldn't mind playing it though, must be a decent game considering the reaction it gets.

Came across an RVP injury update. Good news.

:lol :lol

Please tell me this is from Red Cafe.

Kyoufu

Which Monster Hunter?

Tri G HD

A new blue dragon and a couple of swords?

I've never played a Monster Hunter game, so my opinions are all from a position of ignorance, but it's always appeared like they milk each edition into oblivion.

Wouldn't mind playing it though, must be a decent game considering the reaction it gets.

They are definitely milked, but the content added is substantial enough. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom