• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

operon

I really couldn't understand your accent Kyle. I imagine all the Irish Gaffers to be nodding their heads and gobbling it up, but I was lost.
We gobbled it up, like a bunch of aquatic f*cks

I downloaded the revised version because fuck listening to the first one again

You need to listen to the original one, they way God and nautre intended
Fucking :lol :lol :lol at Bacon's 'except the fucking Irish'. Jesus christ that was funny.

As was Quiche's marshmellow knickers story.

:lol, Operon sounds like the curly haired guy from Misfits.

Lol having never watched Misfits don't know if that's good

Operon could do audio books.

The way wooden pronounces ejaculate makes me laugh every time. "Do the Bendter for me" :lol

Whats my first audio book going to be

Wii U still sounds like a confused mess.

I personally hope they crash & burn for being cheap fucks. This past gen their stance was understandable, but now they're just bending themselves out of shape..
still will offer the best PES version, lol

bud23

Capello knew what he saw in Messi was great, couple years later Messi scored the hat-trick against Madrid while Capello was in charge.

I still remember this match,Messi did the 3-3 in the 90th. Was a nightmare.
Luckily the Real won La liga that season,but Real´s luck on that match was awful.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I personally hope they crash & burn for being cheap fucks.

They are just being sensible really. They don't have infinite money like Microsoft and they aren't run by complete morons like Sony. There is no real demand from the mass market for an uber-expensive beast of a console. People just don't have $400 to spend on something that isn't a phone/iPad.

Hixx

Sons of Anarchy was amazing

Halo 4 ViDoc 2 was amazing

This coffee is amazing

The sun is coming out

What a morning

/edit 2
They're right though :D
-------------------------------------

They are just being sensible really. They don't have infinite money like Microsoft and they aren't run by complete morons like Sony. There is no real demand from the mass market for an uber-expensive beast of a console. People just don't have $400 to spend on something that isn't a phone/iPad.

A few things are wrong with this:
- you're stuck in the past, they're rich as fuck! Their cash reserves are humongous (some $12 billion). Apple is at $27.65b
If you adjust that to annual revenue than it's:
Apple: 27.65/148.81 = 18%
Ninty: 12.06/8.15 = 148%
So much for that..
All the more laughable how fucking cheap they are when it comes tech/features/accessories.

- they offer old tech and still charge a whole fucking lot, right now they're about the leap the $300 boundary for their elite sku

They're like a schizo this time around.

/edit...had an error in there

Choc

Banned
new iphones pretty crap

WG9kM.png

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
/edit 2
They're right though :D
-------------------------------------

A few things are wrong with this:
- you're stuck in the past, they're rich as fuck! Their cash reserves are humongous (some $12 billion). Apple is at $27.65b
If you adjust that to annual revenue than it's:
Apple: 27.65/148.81 = 18%
Ninty: 12.06/8.15 = 148%
So much for that..
All the more laughable how fucking cheap they are when it comes tech/features/accessories.

- they offer old tech and still charge a whole fucking lot, right now they're about the leap the $300 boundary for their elite sku

They're like a schizo this time around.

They don't have the guaranteed consistent revenue from existing products like Microsoft and Apple do, they can't gamble on a super powerful console potentially eating up half their cash reserves like what happened to Sony with the PS3.

Bumhead

Banned
Im waiting until the EU and US shows today before casting the console out to dry. Potentially, absolutely nothing from the JP show could apply to us.

Still hoping for sub £250 with Nintendoland pack in, available 7th December. Hopefully an extra first party game announcement or two for 2013.

Arnie

Writing a CV is hard, especially when I've got my dad's in front of me for comparison. How the fuck did he have the time to do all this shit and take me from mere sperm to the rambunctious student that I am now.

Must've drunk a lot of Red Bull.

Oxx

The Wii U's lack of horsepower wouldn't be a huge deal if it came out the gate with Nintendo stuff that looked in the same ball-park as high-tier 360/PS3 games. Pikmin, NSMB, and Nintendo Land aren't really what I have been waiting for.

Probably won't be a big issue for the mass-market anyway. More of a problem is that everything is kind of all over the place. Plenty of people think it's a Wii add-on, 2 versions at launch, game-pads, balance boards, pro controllers, Wii-motes, motion-plus.

Wii was so simple and effective.

Anyway, football.

Choc

Banned
The Wii U's lack of horsepower wouldn't be a huge deal if it came out the gate with Nintendo stuff that looked in the same ball-park as high-tier 360/PS3 games. Pikmin, NSMB, and Nintendo Land aren't really what I have been waiting for.

Probably won't be a big issue for the mass-market anyway. More of a problem is that everything is kind of all over the place. Plenty of people think it's a Wii add-on, 2 versions at launch, game-pads, balance boards, pro controllers, Wii-motes, motion-plus.

Wii was so simple and effective.

Anyway, football.

why you buying a nintendo console then?

dc89

I do hope most of you nobbers are getting Halo 4 when it comes out. Shit looks insane.

Day one. Day freaking one.

I want Mario and Zelda HD.. Nintendo are still the best at creating fun experiences for everyone IMO.

A 3D Mario yes. No more NSMB please.

Writing a CV is hard, especially when I've got my dad's in front of me for comparison. How the fuck did he have the time to do all this shit and take me from mere sperm to the rambunctious student that I am now.

What does/did he do?

Oxx

why you buying a nintendo console then?

Hey, I'll probably wait it out until 3D Mario or Zelda. Just saying that Nintendo's first-party launch window stuff looks a tad underwhelming.

Still better than 3DS launch, though.

Lie
nah, don't - I'm kidding
Did your dad have to work while studying? Most people who have to work don't really have to CVs that are filled to the brim.

They don't have the guaranteed consistent revenue from existing products like Microsoft and Apple do, they can't gamble on a super powerful console potentially eating up half their cash reserves like what happened to Sony with the PS3.
No one asks them to go super powerful, just not the inverse of powerful, lol
In a year's time fucking 300 eur cellphones will most likely produce better graphics than a WiiU (and also throw them on a tv thanks to hdmi) - I may be exaggerating here, but you get the drive.
And if you go the route of crappy HW then keep your "discount" wii approach. The mini-loss that they would take on this would not in the least be comparable to the PS3, are you kidding me? It was like twice as expensive to built at the onset while costing 600eur, lol

They failed with their new-found premium strategy with the 3DS and had to swiftly readjust and they will (hopefully) fail with the WiiU.

/edit
Why is OT suddenly not ok here? We've had pages over pages with game talk before. I don't like it either, but it is what it is, lol
But football it is.

panty

I want Mario and Zelda HD.. Nintendo are still the best at creating fun experiences for everyone IMO.

For everyone? Why should I care if they create a fun generic experience when the other two (or one for me basically) create something interesting aimed for me.

Well that's the reason I'm not buying a WiiU.

Zabojnik

Sigh, Damages is over for good. :( Although it never reached the hights of the first season, it was still a very enjoyable show. The ending was great, just so ... cathartic. Rose Byrne needs to eat a hamburger or two, though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Sigh, Damages is over for good. :( Although it never reached the hights of the first season, it was still a very enjoyable show. The ending was great, just so ... cathartic. Rose Byrne needs to eat a hamburger or two, though.
I'm sure she's going to now.

A 3D Mario yes. No more NSMB please.

Yeah, NSMB Wii was terrible. More like 64/URMRGAY 1 and 2 please.

They haven't created a fun experience for me since the N64 days. :(

Damn. Wind Waker is awesome.

For everyone? Why should I care if they create a fun generic experience when the other two (or one for me basically) create something interesting aimed for me.

Well that's the reason I'm not buying a WiiU.
I am not particularly interested in the 3rd-party games, the 1st-party games are a huge draw for me. Sony and Microsoft have great exclusives though, I'll give them that.

dc89

Rio Ferdinand has been banned from driving – after being caught speeding on the same road THREE TIMES in less than six weeks.

The United defender was ‘a victim of the modern speed detection system’ according to celebrity lawyer Nick Freeman who represented him at Trafford Magistrates Court.

Manchester Evening News.

Ferdi please. Behave yourself.

Also freaking LOL at the lawyer. If I get pulled for speeding i will use that line.

Mumei

Tradition.

bHlmj.jpg

They are actually more awful collectively than they are individually. Impressive.

Capello: "In my career only Messi* had left a better first impression on me than Falcao."

*In that infamous Juve-Barca friendly.

Story?

I have honestly no idea how IRC works

It is actually pretty straightforward. If you go to the second post of the previous topic, there is a link to Mibbit. Just click that, then change your Nickname to whatever, and then click "Go." You're in.

It is only slightly more complicated to set up a dedicated IRC program, but it is not actually necessary to do even that if you don't want.

dc89

FA Chairman:

"We are deeply sorry this tragedy occurred at a stadium the FA selected...I offer a full apology."

Choc

Banned
so the sun apologies and people still tweeting that people shouldnt buy the sun (aside from the fact its tabloid trash)?

wasn't the sun misinformed? i dunno, im all puzzled now

Zabojnik

Genoa - Juve on Sunday. Anton Chigurh Martin Caceres is back! Isla, Vidal and Awesomoah won't be training today, I suppose it means we'll see some 'new' faces on the pitch. De Ceglie and Giaccherini, maybe?

Welcome back, you sexy beast!

jose-martin-caceres-120325-celebrates-g-300.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom