• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHale

Attention Spurs fans: Moutinho has changed agents after Pini Zahavi blocked his transfer to Tottenham with his demands. Jorge Mendes is now his agent, so he's definitely available this January.

LegoArmo

Attention Spurs fans: Moutinho has changed agents after Pini Zahavi blocked his transfer to Tottenham with his demands. Jorge Mendes is now his agent, so he's definitely available this January.

Available for United. That's sealed it.

Clegg

Mendes, you say?

SAF knows what to do.

Arnie

Something tells me you're oversimplifying the ease in which you'd be able to get him in January.

Bo-Locks

Unbelievable how shady, dodgy and powerful these agents are. In what world can an agent, who supposedly works for the player, block their transfers due to their own demands. It's absurd. Controlling and properly vetting/regulating agents should be the priority for UEFA, FFP is useless while agents retain so much power, and it should come later.

Take a look at both Mendes' and Zhavi's wiki pages. Fucking hell.

Still, Mendes is close to Ferguson, especially after the Bebe transfer, so I'd love to see him at United. Stranger things have happened. Spurs' previous interest means nothing with a new agent.

NHale

Something tells me you're oversimplifying the ease in which you'd be able to get him in January.

Of course, January deals are harder to get it done and Porto may not be available to sell at that time.

However FC Porto already agreed to a fee for him and the deal was close to done until Zahavi asked for money to sign the deal. Moutinho also desperately wanted to play for Tottenham. A newspaper over here is reporting that Zenit and Tottenham already showed interest in making a deal this January (probably lies though).

Meier

Undoubtedly bullshit but I hope it comes to fruition.

Sources have suggested Fiorentina “promised” Stevan Jovetic will be sold to Manchester City next summer for €30m.

The Viola refused all offers for the Montenegro international, including proposals from Juventus and Chelsea.

“We are very happy with the fact he remained. Our President did very well to convince Stevan to marry this project,” said director Sandro Mencucci.

However, according to Goal.com Italia, Jovetic only agreed to stay in Florence for another 12 months.

It would be similar to the deal the club struck with Luca Toni, who was convinced to delay his transfer to Bayern Munich by a year to help them through the post-Calciopoli campaign.
http://www.football-italia.net/24827/jovetic-has-man-city-promise?

Bo-Locks

It means something if it was the player that wanted to come to Tottenham.

But considering the power these agents have, that again means nothing. And this isn't a situation where the player only wants Tottenham, if another big or bigger club come in and offer the same or more money, then Tottenham would lose out. I don't know how likely that is, I can't see SAF making a move, and I still suppose that Tottenham are in pole position to sign him.

Soi-Fong

But considering the power these agents have, that again means nothing. And this isn't a situation where the player only wants Tottenham, if another big or bigger club come in and offer the same or more money, then Tottenham would lose out. I don't know how likely that is, I can't see SAF making a move, and I still suppose that Tottenham are in pole position to sign him.

Yup. If Manchester United comes knocking, I'm prety sure he'll choose United for CL football, and just because of United's stature being higher than that of Spurs.

Arnie

Yup. If Manchester United comes knocking, I'm prety sure he'll choose United for CL football, and just because of United's stature being higher than that of Spurs.
Baffles me why you're talking like Moutinho to United is even on the cards.

It's a symptom of United fans on here.

But Porto are in CL. He won't be able to play in the CL with United.

And Spurs can make the CL for next season.

Probably, but it is irrelevant because Ferguson won't spend £25 million on a player in January.

Arnie

I think you take a lot of what we say too seriously. We kind of like to joke around. Of course there are some that are serious.
Eh, the post I quoted was genuinely trying to analyse United's chances of getting Moutinho. Sometimes it's clear that United fans are joking, Sahin for example, but others (Fellaini) it's not as glib as you make out.

Soi-Fong

We're blatantly joking though.

The posts I'm referring to aren't.

lol You have a hard time reading sarcasm huh? Most United fans knows that Fergie barely likes to spend during the January window.

Moutinho would be nice, but don't think we'll improve midfield till the summer.

Yen

NHale, that is just sick. We don't refer to people like that here on footy-gaf. Don't bring that attitude in here.

Edit: I see you've edited.

Did someone say the C WORD?!

I thought this cavani guy was good?

Just a little over a week ago

ibl5e8plNzBf2U.gif

Aww I hate it when I miss an edit

Anyway you premier league type fans are spoilt you are so detached with what real football actually is you may as well just watch dream team

near

Gold Member
I don't care about Moutinho at this point, transfer windows closed and if he was ever going to be a Spurs player the closest we got was on the last day of the window. Changing agents is something he should have considered a long time ago, but the change now is irrelevant especially considering its Jorge Mendes an equal twat of an agent.

In other news I'm getting tickets to see NextGen Series Spurs v Barca on Thursday! :p Can't wait to see these lads.

Bo-Locks

lol You have a hard time reading sarcasm huh? Most United fans knows that Fergie barely likes to spend during the January window.

Moutinho would be nice, but don't think we'll improve midfield till the summer.

Yeah, I think Arnie is reading in to things too much. You're right, Ferguson doesn't spend money in January, and he definitely won't spend any money after the summer we've had on a CL tied player.

Most United fans are desperate for a CM in the mould of Moutinho, but aside from the muppets, they're at least somewhat realistic.

But if Spurs don't get him in January, then the bigger clubs will be sniffing around in the summer and their chances will decrease dramatically.

Fergie

Banned
Did someone say the C WORD?!

Just a little over a week ago

ibl5e8plNzBf2U.gif

Happens to the best of us. ;)

To be honest I always joke around on transfers. Although I was keen on Dembele, Fellaini was a joke. I'm quite happy with Kagawow and RVPerfect. Honest. CM would be a icing on the cake but it's Fergie at the end of the day. It's all Wingers and Strikers. Either way shit still works, competing at the highest levels like it's nothing bar last season.

Grr!!! I missed the post! What did Nhale say??!! lol

Yeah I can't help but keep wondering too now.

yeah man Im just sad theres no uruguay gaf. We are chloe-love bros. Are her parents euro or something, cuz goddamn her accent is good.

Thought it sounded fake in Hugo to be honest, don't think they are European. We also got at least SalsaShark who used to get really worked up when Uruguay played.

bud23

I thought this cavani guy was good?

Extremely overrated imo, but good thing is you don´t need to be a good player,you only need to hire Jorge Mendes as your agent, like Cavani did.
Maybe he is not good player but I recognize he is a smart guy.

Extremely overrated imo, but good thing is you don´t need to be a good player,you only need to hire Jorge Mendes as your agent, like Cavani did.
Maybe he is not good player but I recognize he is a smart guy.

Come on, his amount of goals in Serie A alone gives a pretty clear image of him being a good player. He was also a huge part of Palermo finishing one point away from CL spots that season. Not that he and his agents are not huge JT's, but he's also a good footballer.

dc89

A few mates are at Bury, wouldn't fucking shut up about it on the Xbox last night. Happy for them though, know they'll be off their tits. Preston slowly kicking into gear now after a dodgy start, it was always going to be sink or swim with this team, and if they start to gel it could be the latter.

Considering they changed pretty much the whole team you are right!

I kinda want them to swim and get to the PL! They are the only big(ish?) club in Lancashire not to have played in the PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom