• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
Better footballer no doubt. Whether he will be as effective for Arsenal cant obviously be measured right now, but Francesc has now been finally replaced in my opinion

Whoa whoa whoa. Just because Cesc doesn't play for us anymore doesn't make Cazorla better. They're different players... but Cesc was the complete midfielder. Cesc would get into any starting lineup in the world besides Barcelona and he's even remade his game for the Spanish national team as a really effective false nine. Cesc is third best central midfield-type player after Xavi and Iniesta for me and after that there's a big gap.

Having said that, it's fine because we have a team that functions as a unit now. Diaby was out; Coq replaced him perfectly fine. Giroud can't score? Stick Gervinho up front and he scores two, assists one. Cazorla will be the trickiest to replace but if Wilshere comes back as strongly from injury as Diaby did this season, he could easily fit into all three central midfield roles.

FootballFan

I can't imagine how devastated his mother must be right now, I'm really bummed out.

Man that is so sad :( R.I.P Only 22 years old. What a tragic and unfortunate event.

whats up with gaf and those annoying "shall i buy this console" or "shall i build a computer" questions? getting annoying :/ feels like there are a shitton of threads like these.

Hey GAF, just bought a ps3, what do you recommend?

- I swear I have seen that thread at least 30 times.

Cazorla is great, but better than Cesc? No

Failing to get to the point here guys, who is the bigger star? That is what matters. Cazorla was fantastic at Villareal and Malaga, so it's not surprising at all that he is doing well at Arsenal. Signing of the season in the EPL(up until now, still way too early to judge imo) is either Michu or Hazard. RVP and Cazorla close behind. Though personally I like Cazorla the most, his style of football is awesome.

Kenka

nvvmp.jpg
SPOCK-WTF.gif

Clegg

Clegg I need you to tell me now if Kagawa is starting for the CL match. :(

I'm sorry but I have no idea.

He was on the bench for todays game though so he couldn't have been too badly hurt after the Japan game.

Imo he'll play but you can never be sure what Fergie will do.

All of my threads used to have titles like

'Could we use Gerrard...'

and

'Is the formation...'

Then I noticed how annoying it was when other people did it, and promptly stopped :p

FootballFan

Who is saying Cazorla is better than Cesc after only seeing him play in 4 games?

Cazorla existed before he went to Arsenal, unless you meant 4 games as in the amount of games Meus saw him play for Arsenal. Then yeah I agree lol. Anyways he isn't better than Cesc, but he is damn good.

elsk

Banned
Not Clegg, but Kagawa will start.

Silva didn't start again today, what's going on with him not playing?

I'm sorry but I have no idea.

He was on the bench for todays game though so he couldn't have been too badly hurt after the Japan game.

Imo he'll play but you can never be sure what Fergie will do.

Thanks, yeah, that's why I don't like putting Manchester United players in my CL fantasy team.

Cazorla existed before he went to Arsenal, unless you meant 4 games as in the amount of games Meus saw him play for Arsenal. Then yeah I agree lol. Anyways he isn't better than Cesc, but he is damn good.

I could be wrong but I think Cesc is a CM, and Cazorla is a CAM. Two different kind of players. Is like comparing Kroos (CM) and Ozil (CAM).

Well yesterday's Zenit loss doesn't seem too bad now that Rubin lost and Spartak failed to win.

And I just saw this picture from yesterday's game.

1347648620310.jpg

It says: 6 kids 0 kids 0 kids

Kyoufu

Anyone read the 'would anyone be opposed to yearly console upgrades?' thread over on gaming-side? Most stupid idea I've ever heard

We've had that thread plenty of times before, and every time it's the same replies.

I mean, consoles are not smartphones. Baaaaaaaaaaad idea to upgrade them every year. Heck, I don't even like seeing smartphone upgrades every year!

I'm actually hoping a little for a complete WiiU flop because every single thread is about the WiiU nowadays. All aboard! The hype train is heading full speed to Megaton

Clegg

Btw the kickstarter for Obsidians new game reached its target of $1.1m after only one day of fundraising.

Theres still another 30 days before the kickstarter finishes too.

Kyoufu

I'm actually hoping a little for a complete WiiU flop because every single thread is about the WiiU nowadays. All aboard! The hype train is heading full speed to Megaton

That's normal. The same thing will happen for PS4/720 when they are revealed/close to release.

Why would you want a system to flop because of the gaming side being excited? lol

Wilbur

Banned
Where's Yaya??

Don't think he's been all that impressive. Didn't do much today by the looks of things, or against Southampton. Was pretty invisible against Liverpool, they got dominated in that match. Can't remember who they played last time.

Lightning

Banned
What's Cazorla's injury record like? Because as we know as much as I love Cesc, which is a lot, his injury record was a pain in the ass.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
btw I was impressed by thiago today. after not playing for awhile he looked in shape.

Joe

guys i'm sad. i'm sad because Palermo has so much young talent yet suck so bad.

4 different coaches, endless combinations of a backfield and yet they still blow every lead late in the game like it's their job.

ever since Pastore left there's been a gaping hole in midfield. Abel, Ilicic, and Munoz refuse to make the step up in quality although i'm sure they're trying.

i can't wait til Dybala sees regular playing time, the handful of minutes he was on he was making shit happen. for some reason i think Sannino has something against him.

Wilbur

Banned
guys i'm sad. i'm sad because Palermo has so much young talent yet suck so bad.

4 different coaches, endless combinations of a backfield and yet they still blow every lead late in the game like it's their job.

ever since Pastore left there's been a gaping hole in midfield. Abel, Ilicic, and Munoz refuse to make the step up in quality although i'm sure they're trying.

i can't wait til Dybala sees regular playing time, the handful of minutes he was on he was making shit happen. for some reason i think Sannino has something against him.

What was the score today in the end, 1-1?

jtb

Banned
What's Cazorla's injury record like? Because as we know as much as I love Cesc, which is a lot, his injury record was a pain in the ass.

well... you play anyone as much as Wenger played Cesc (at such a young age too) and you're bound to tear your hamstring every other month. having said that, Cazorla's injury record seems pretty reasonable on Wikipedia; made all 38 league appearances last season for Malaga, though that obviously was without the pressure of League cup, Champions League matches.

That's normal. The same thing will happen for PS4/720 when they are revealed/close to release.

Why would you want a system to flop because of the gaming side being excited? lol
I only visit gaming side once on a blue moon and I don't like spitting through pages looking for non-WiiU threads.

And I'm bitter because the Wii was a complete flop for me personally

K1LLER7

Don't think he's been all that impressive. Didn't do much today by the looks of things, or against Southampton. Was pretty invisible against Liverpool, they got dominated in that match. Can't remember who they played last time.
Think he's done well. Along with Tevez he's been their best player. He scored against Liverpool and looked pretty good today.

Grim1ock

Banned

huh did u watch motd tonight? he already scored thrice this season with assists.

It's sad to see. Even worse is all the best players being sold each year, often for nearly no money cause Zamps either had a falling out with them or just because of him being dumb. Need some actual full backs. :(

Kyoufu

I only visit gaming side once on a blue moon and I don't like spitting through pages looking for non-WiiU threads.

And I'm bitter because the Wii was a complete flop for me personally

Yeah me too but at least it looks like we don't have to deal with "waggle" games on Wii U. I hope.

Joe

It's sad to see. Even worse is all the best players being sold each year, often for nearly no money cause Zamps either had a falling out with them or just because of him being dumb. Need some actual full backs. :(

let's sell one of italy's top 3 left backs and NOT replace him with an actual left back or with anyone actually, let's just shoehorn someone in there sounds like a good idea to me.

it could be worse though, A LOT worse so it's hard to complain.

doesn't help Sicilian economy is in the shitter right now, more than usual.

Wilbur

Banned
Think he's done well. Along with Tevez he's been their best player. He scored against Liverpool and looked pretty good today.

I think he's an utterly phenomenal player, but 2-2 was really not indicative of the balance of play in the Liverpool match. From MOTD (obviously just a highlights package) he seemed relatively quiet. I just think the others I named have been better.

FootballFan

He doesn't get injured really, and if he does it's usually those 2 week sort of strains like Iniesta has right now. I'll check his stats for appearances but I am quite certain he doesn't get injured often.

edit
Yeah only on some seasons he has under 35 appearances. But as walrus states, Cesc was given too much playing time by Wenger when he was still 16.

Lightning

Banned
well... you play anyone as much as Wenger played Cesc (at such a young age too) and you're bound to tear your hamstring every other month. having said that, Cazorla's injury record seems pretty reasonable on Wikipedia; made all 38 league appearances last season for Malaga, though that obviously was without the pressure of League cup, Champions League matches.
Not to mention the amount of times Arsenal forced poor Cesc to play while he was carrying an injury...

I just dread seeing Cazorla getting injured.

Yeah me too but at least it looks like we don't have to deal with "waggle" games on Wii U. I hope.
Oh they'll find a way with this new touchscreen gimmick and they'll abuse it to bits. Can't wait for the BraintrainingU or NintendogsU

That's another complaint from me, they just had to have another gimmick for their new console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom