• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Do we think Suarez and Evra will shake hands? I hope they do. Just bury that shit. It seems very insignificant after all the stuff I read about the 96 during the week. I was always very ignorant about what happened in hillsborough. I was sickened by some of the stuff I read. I truly hope a fuckup/coverup of those pre portions is never allowed to happen again.

Soi-Fong

Do we think Suarez and Evra will shake hands? I hope they do. Just bury that shit. It seems very insignificant after all the stuff I read about the 96 during the week. I was always very ignorant about what happened in hillsborough. I was sickened by some of the stuff I read. I truly hope a fuckup/coverup of those pre portions is never allowed to happen again.

I have a feeling they will or depending, Fergie might troll Evra and Buttner starts ahead of him so it's avoided altogether.

Messi

I have a feeling they will or depending, Fergie might troll Evra and Buttner starts ahead of him so it's avoided altogether.

Suarez might give him a hug.

But seriously, they need to man up and shake hands. Both acted like clowns last year over it.

Not like Evra will get the opportunity to shake his hand anyway. But if he does get it, I hope he doesn't and I hope they fight, bite and maybe have make up sex afterwards.

Liverpool should ask Man Utd to help organise a meeting between Suarez and Evra, where they can sort out their differences in private. If Evra rejects the idea, fine. If he accepts, the issue could be put to bed.

What a dickhead (minor Lost spoiler)
Ben's dad
is.

Soi-Fong

Be completely shocked if SAF doesn't put Büttner away for a few games.

Feels odd to be excited about us at LB.

Yup. Seems like SAF wasn't completely impressed with Buttner which really is surprising.

Still my favorite parts of the match was that tackling craziness in the 2nd half along with Powell's screamer.

We need to be more aggressive like that. Hell, Carrick has to make more tackles like that.

That's why I wish we bid for M'Vila because the dude is a **** and he can push other opposition players more often.

Salazar

Yup. Seems like SAF wasn't completely impressed with Buttner which really is surprising.

Eh, I reckon he saw what he signed the lad for. Can't take SAF seriously if he's surprised that Büttner was a little bit mental out there on debut.

And playing it safe and slow gets us fucked, anyway.

Nani should have scored at least twice. Utter piss when he got slipped through and ended up looping it over the bar when he should have smacked it.

Messi

Speaking of LB's who I recently talked shit about. Adriano has put in two immense shifts at LB since his sending off against Madrid. Got a goal in both games, first one for 1-0 and the second to calm barca nerves. I hope this remains a trend. I love being proven wrong.

As for Tello, he was causing havoc, good and bad but mostly bad. Someone has got to teach him that there are more moves than, 'Gotta run fast'

Thiago was great on his return. Also nice to see Villa getting some mins and getting one in the onion bag.

Puyol hurt again :/ I felt so bad for him. I see he is out 4-6 weeks. Barca should not rush him back. It will be hard he is like a lion and wont lie down but he needs to heal up fully.

Amazing how fabregas started playing well when he was put in midfield. Amazing how a midfielder plays well as a midfielder.

Xavi, still so good, those quick turns.

Oh Tello stop running the same line again and again and again and again, you are predictable. Yes I know I wrote about tello twice.

I love Pedro. I love his first touch, he excites me when he is on the ball. Thank fuck Tito brought him back into the team and gave him the change pep took away.

Arnie

Lost isn't the best programme ever made, but Lost is the best programme ever game.

If you come at me, you come at Bernard Mathews too.

Lost isn't the best programme ever made, but Lost is the best programme ever game.

If you come at me, you come at Bernard Mathews too.

I think we have our OT5 title.

Those escalope things are surprisingly good though, stick them in a sandwich and baby, you got a stew going.

You guys deduced correctly, just finished The Man Behind The Curtain. I won;t pretend its the greatest programme ever made, and I won't pretend I know what's going on :)P) but damn is it entertaining. Curveballs all over the shop.

Yeah, LOST was really well made outside of the show itself. All the theories and games, it was pretty good.

Thanks to Sky, I missed out on all of that :(

I haven't watched an entertainingly speculative drama in sync with the rest of the UK since Flashforward, now that I think on it

At the point, not even the producers did. :lol :lol

But, yeah.... he's watching the best part of the show. And it was special.

Yep, the whole thing was a ride like no other. I doubt there'll ever be a show like it again.

There's some crazy truth in saying it's not the best TV show ever, but it's the best.

If anyone else stopped watching Lost after 2 or 3 seasons, has any desire to catch up, and enjoys the discussion without the risk of spoilers, I'd be happy to wait for you to catch up with me. I watch 3 episodes a week :)

Long shot but worth the try :p

I have played way to much of the FIFA 13 demo :/ I have been playing with my brother on it for the last 4 hours it is just too good! I have logged 18 hours on it alone :lol I am scared to see how much I play the full game!

Fellow Liverpool fans, which of these emotions do you feel first when you hear this statement:

17 year old Raheem Sterling, who cost £5million at the absolute upper limit, and has made 4 Premier League starts, is undoubtedly better than 28 year old Stewart Downing, who cost £20million and has 9 or 10 years of experience.

a) Excitement
b) Depression

elsk

Banned
Fellow Liverpool fans, which of these emotions do you feel first when you hear this statement:

17 year old Raheem Sterling, who cost £5million at the absolute upper limit, and has made 4 Premier League starts, is undoubtedly better than 28 year old Stewart Downing, who cost £20million and has 9 or 10 years of experience.

a) Excitement
b) Depression

Oh, he is Queens Park Rangers youth product? I didn't know that.

Messi

a) Excitement
b) Depression

Not a pool fan per-say but, I'd say excitement. Whats done is done with Downing. The money is spent but now you have Sterling who is looking quite good. Move onwards and upwards.

K1LLER7

a) Excitement
b) Depression
I'm hoping he doesn't play against United otherwise he's gonna end up giving Evra a horrible time.

Buttner on the other hand... :p

Fry

I'm seriously impressed by Sterling. I had no idea he was that good; and that he would keep up in his performances for the first team; and that Rodgers would make him a regular starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom