• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs 2-1 up against Stoke U21s after 14 minutes. Mason and Ceballos with the goals. Funny time for a game.

EDIT: 3-1 now. Obika with the goal.

Fuck you Stoke.

There were rumours a few weeks ago that Real Madrid wanted to take Ceballos. I don't know why we still have Obika, he'll never make it. I doubt Mason will either. He's decent but he plays in such a specific position, one in which we already have infinitely better options.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
There were rumours a few weeks ago that Real Madrid wanted to take Ceballos. I don't know why we still have Obika, he'll never make it. I doubt Mason will either. He's decent but he plays in such a specific position, one in which we already have infinitely better options.

4-1 now.

Anyway, I saw that Ceballos story and I hope we keep him. He has all the technique and could easily play like Modric/Ozil if he can get a little stronger. Him and Carroll are excellent long-term prospects for our midfield.

Obika is only here because we let Harry go to Norwich.

dc89

Just been out in the car and I had Keys and Gray on the radio. They were saying that since January 2010 4 players in England have failed drugs tests and served 'secret' bans. 3 failed for taking cannabis and one for cocaine.

It's not been reported before because of a mix-up with the FA and the UK Anti Doping people.

So.... wonder who they are then?

Ushojax

Just been out in the car and I had Keys and Gray on the radio. They were saying that since January 2010 4 players in England have failed drugs tests and served 'secret' bans. 3 failed for taking cannabis and one for cocaine.

It's not been reported before because of a mix-up with the FA and the UK Anti Doping people.

So.... wonder who they are then?

jack-wilshere_81443t.jpg

Andy Johnson suffered an anterior cruciate ligament injury against Chelsea and is likely to be sidelined for the majority of the season #QPR

Seems like this guy has spent half his career injured.

I'd have said Ferdinand, but after the missed drugs test I don't think a secret ban would ever be an option for him. Would be surprised if the entire thing wasn't a load of desperate shite from Keys and Gray, trying to cling on to the semblance of relevancy they've had since Sky fucked them off

Ushojax

Andy Johnson suffered an anterior cruciate ligament injury against Chelsea and is likely to be sidelined for the majority of the season #QPR

Seems like this guy has spent half his career injured.

Poor bastard. You could tell from the way he went down that it was a bad one. I still think QPR have enough to cope, Hoilett can operate behind the striker. That's if he gets off the bench.

I'd have said Ferdinand, but after the missed drugs test I don't think a secret ban would ever be an option for him. Would be surprised if the entire thing wasn't a load of desperate shite from Keys and Gray, trying to cling on to the semblance of relevancy they've had since Sky fucked them off

Nah, we've heard this before and the FA have admitted it's something they do. There was a TV documentary about it.

5-2 to Spurs U21s now.

Zabojnik

Serie A Gaf..

Do you think Alvaro Recoba reached his potential during his time at Inter?

If by reached his potential you mean made millions by playing like Maradona twice a year and playing like shit the rest of the season, then yes, he certainly reached his potential. He had one fantastic season at Venezia and scored a few wonder goals with Inter, that's about it. Moratti had a thing for him and covered him with gold, so Recoba had no reason to complain even when he was warming the bench for long periods.

Salazar

If by reached his potential you mean made millions by playing like Maradona twice a year and playing like shit the rest of the season, then yes, he certainly reached his potential. He had one fantastic season at Venezia and scored a few wonder goals with Inter, that's about it. Moratti had a thing for him and covered him with gold, so Recoba had no reason to complain even when he was warming the bench for long periods.

I just saw a photograph of Recoba without his hair.

He was never a particularly handsome bloke, but christ.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
We don't need Gasperini with Allegri, he's brilliant. He gave us Pirlo after all.
I just saw a photograph of Recoba without his hair.

He was never a particularly handsome bloke, but christ.

Googling "Recoba bald" shows your picture. You've made it!

Arnie

I think I got an intership in the Adidas marketing department this morning.

The email was just like 'yea, you got it, send us through some dates of when you're free'

I'm about to hit the astro with 9 mates too. Fucking brilliant morning.

dc89

I think I got an intership in the Adidas marketing department this morning.

The email was just like 'yea, you got it, send us through some dates of when you're free'

I'm about to hit the astro with 9 mates too. Fucking brilliant morning.

Where do you play 5 a side?

Adidas marketing sounds cool! My GF's new job is marketing for a new brand Voi are going to launch.

Arnie

Where do you play 5 a side?

Adidas marketing sounds cool! My GF's new job is marketing for a new brand Voi are going to launch.

What, the place or my position?

I'm a striker. We play at some huge 3G pitches in Sheffield about 30 seconds from our house, it's great. We're moving to 6 a side this year, which I prefer, more space.

dc89

What, the place or my position?

I'm a striker. We play at some huge 3G pitches in Sheffield about 30 seconds from our house, it's great. We're moving to 6 a side this year, which I prefer, more space.

Cool! Well have a good game. I played 5 a side last night and on a 3G pitch too, they are quite cool. Are the 6 a side pitches actually bigger?

Just got a text saying we should be playing football later. Not played in over 3 weeks though, and that's all it takes for me to go to shit :p

Also got an urge to start Enslaved tomorrow, but it appears that I've either sold it or lent it to my brother :(

Arnie

Cool! Well have a good game. I played 5 a side last night and on a 3G pitch too, they are quite cool. Are the 6 a side pitches actually bigger?
Well the 6 a side games are a third of a full size. Our 5 a side league is on smaller pitches that are caged separately.
The lazy flash git variety ?

No, the 'will bite your neck and score from the corner flag' variety.

dc89

Well the 6 a side games are a third of a full size. Our 5 a side league is on smaller pitches that are caged separately.

ahh I see. Yeah - so are ours. Like this:

Ok seriously fuck this game. Just got my flashlight and I'm in the bit where it asks you to use it for the first time. I jumped out of my skin lol.

Kyoufu

So tonight is going to be painful to watch.

4 points from 4 games will be absolutely terrible.

Relegation battle with Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom