• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

Christ, that Wii U thread in gaming about the article written by The Sun has blown up into a Hillsborough argument.

Urgh.

I avoid gaming side, but I don't actually see what there is to argue about viz. Hillsborough or The Sun.

I guess that's why I avoid gaming side.

D_prOdigy

Liverpool is the only place I'm certain we won't win every season. I even have a small amount of confidence we can win at the Etihad, but I can't see us doing better than a point after being outplayed every time we go to Anfield.

The only axiom in a Liverpool vs United situation is that if Buttner plays, he will be sent off.

I think Scholes and one of Ferdinand/Vidic will be rested for the game at Anfield.

We won't win at Anfield, it's just the way it goes. Besides, Liverpool are going to dominate possession, they're at home and always hyped for the match so they have that in their favour, but their midfield is far better than ours too so I expect them to dictate most of the play and win by a goal.

That said, I'm more confident of us dealing with teams who play football than those who have strength and power through them because that is what seems to trouble this side...so maybe we'll do alright this year. Liverpool are maybe a slighter team than us, and I consider United to be a pretty weak side physically.

Bumhead

Banned
Christ, that Wii U thread in gaming about the article written by The Sun has blown up into a Hillsborough argument.

Urgh.

I thinks its good that people still acknowledge The Sun's abhorrent role in the last 23 years.

That insipid shit stain Cameron has done everything in his power to divert attention away from previous government and his mates at News International so im glad the population still remembers.

Salazar

The only axiom in a Liverpool vs United situation is that if Buttner plays, he will be sent off.

You're just jumping to conclusions because he looks nuts.

He'll be a disciplinary angel.

Viva, I reckon we'll do it. I think we'll get at least a point, and I back us for a narrow win.

We will concede though. Even if we have to score it ourselves.

Wes

venison crêpe
nnubv.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
I thinks its good that people still acknowledge The Sun's abhorrent role in the last 23 years.

That insipid shit stain Cameron has done everything in his power to divert attention away from previous government and his mates at News International so im glad the population still remembers.

I agree with this, but I agree with Holy Wars that while people in Liverpool not buying the Sun is a fine thing, connecting the opinion of the Wii U guy to Hillsborough is a bit silly.

dc89

Liverpool is the only place I'm certain we won't win every season. I even have a small amount of confidence we can win at the Etihad, but I can't see us doing better than a point after being outplayed every time we go to Anfield.

The Etihad is the most formidable ground in the league now in my humble opinion. This changes from season to season though.

Old Trafford used to be a place of nightmares for every team, but some teams showed if you turn up and play football you can win. Try that at the Etihad though, and you get beaten, sometimes not comfortably, but beaten never the less.

It won't be long before someone beats City at home though, and United will soon have dominance back at Old Trafford. It's swings and roundabouts.

Wilbur

Banned
The Etihad is the most formidable ground in the league now in my humble opinion. This changes from season to season though.

Old Trafford used to be a place of nightmares for every team, but some teams showed if you turn up and play football you can win. Try that at the Etihad though, and you get beaten, sometimes not comfortably, but beaten never the less.

It won't be long before someone beats City at home though, and United will soon have dominance back at Old Trafford. It's swings and roundabouts.

It's not to do with that though. As we saw infinite times last season and already this season, Liverpool can lose at home. I'm just never confident it will be us that does it.

Hixx

Bumhead

Banned
I agree with this, but I agree with Holy Wars that while people in Liverpool not buying the Sun is a fine thing, connecting the opinion of the Wii U guy to Hillsborough is a bit silly.

Yeah, strange place and circumstances to have that discussion.

Threads been locked now. And while I was posting an enournous reply, too.

faridmon

I have a feeling we are going to lose tonight. I hate when media hypes us to this degree. The only reason we have performed so good in recent years is that we have stayed under the radar of all teams and now that Fellaini and Jelavitch are brought into the spot line, the teams are going to make sure those two don't get the ball at all. It happened with West Brom two weeks ago and it will happen again.

Also, Gibson's injury is a major blow for us. he was the protection we needed for other midfielders to roam freely around the pitch and without him Felliani will try drop so much to help out the defence.

Also, Neville...

Hixx

I have a feeling we are going to lose tonight. I hate when media hypes us to this degree. The only reason we have performed so good in recent years is that we have stayed under the radar of all teams and now that Fellaini and Jelavitch are brought into the spot line, the teams are going to make sure those two don't get the ball at all. It happened with West Brom two weeks ago and it will happen again.

Also, Gibson's injury is a major blow for us. he was the protection we needed for other midfielders to roam freely around the pitch and without him Felliani will try drop so much to help out the defence.

Also, Neville...

Jelavic will score twice.

Fady K

How are the footygaffers doing?

Why are bud and kharma banned :(?!!!!!!

Quick thoughts: Chelsea - weak performance, could have lost it, but could have also won it if Hazard didn't miss that sitter :'(!

Barcelona - 8 point lead above RM and a commanding away performance against the team that beat Madrid, without Messi for over 50 minutes. Not what I expected!

Guys, I went through the most painful 2 hours of my life:

1) Had a weak tooth, and a part of it broke after biting one TOUGH piece of popcorn haha
2) Removed the loose part of the tooth at the dentist
3) Few days later, went for a full extraction, supposedly to come back 6 months later for an implant BUT (a twist occurs)
4) Turns out that I have NO bone above that too (hence I CANNOT have an implant) and to top if off there is a small HOLE that is connected to my sinus.
5) As a result, I removed only 80% of my tooth and the remaining 20% had to be removed through...
6) A dental surgery. THAT was the most painful part!!! In order for the remaining 20% not to go into the HOLE leading to my sinus, they had to remove the teeth from ABOVE so they had to make a cut and remove the remainder of the tooth PLUS remove 3 roots. GUYS I was on the verge of crying while laughing. It was TORTUROUS! Heck, even the anesthetic shots on the roof of my mouth KILLED me! Now I got a swelling on my cheek that makes me look like Popeye, check it out:

377345_588846027601_908398929_n.jpg

fadyk what did you think of my accent

I must have missed the recording, can you repost it :D?

Err my homie at, yurrrryt FADY Lino mooeus quice an mummei?

I'm honored that you got my name spelled right even whilst being drunk ;D!

I'd like to know how the Sheikh is corrupt. I think Fady will tell you they are pretty honorable people.

Elsk is being mean :(! I live in the UAE and both Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoun are LOVELY people. Sheikh Mansour is actually a VERY passionate football fan. He's not the greedy/money type. He really LOVES Manchester City FC. A true football fan, like Abramovich.

Not.

But he seems to be like a very nice fella. He just stands there with his happy face.

Fady???

It had to come to this! I'm the Batman.

faridmon

Currently listening to the new Two Door Cinema Club Album ''Beacon'' and I am not feeling it. For one, it is basiaclly the same as Tourist history and it doesn't have that punch that it did back then.

Hopefully, the more I listen to it, the better I like it.

Hey, Fady K is alive. Cool!

Zabojnik

Ouch Fady. Dental pain is the worst. Speaking of anesthetic shots, make sure to watch Chelsea - Juve. I'm sure it will make you feel better. I forsee a 4-0.

Fady K

Ouch Fady. Dental pain is the worst. Speaking of anesthetic shots, make sure to watch Chelsea - Juve. I'm sure it will make you feel better. I forsee a 4-0.

Thank you Zabojnik.

But Chelsea - Juve? I don't know man. Juventus is a team that has lost once in 60+ games was it? Chelsea is very inconsistent, their defense can be laughable (watch Atletico Madrid vs Chelsea 4-1 :/).

Chelsea will be lucky to draw Juventus IMO. You guys are *far* more consistent and organized.

dc89

Check your twitter.

Silva just signed a new contract. City need their PR man.

Thanks for informing me. My colleagues are useless.

silva%20signing.ashx

This went on all summer. The new CEO has tied it up.

Move over #basedmarwood we have a new hero in town, #basedsoriano

faridmon

It's okay, a bit underwhelming. I've been let down by a lot of albums this year although probably none more than the new Band of Horses. :(

For me, this year have been a great one with the A Place To Bury Strangers' ne album ''Worship'' and Donkeyboy's ''Silver Moon'' Being may favorite ones. Out of the ones that are known (since I listen to a lot of unknown bands) The new Ting Tings one was good and teh new Ladyhawk's one was disappointing.

Add me on Lastfm if you have on FootyGaf (I have already asked but few answered for my plea)

http://www.last.fm/user/faridmon

Zabojnik

Thank you Zabojnik.

But Chelsea - Juve? I don't know man. Juventus is a team that has lost once in 60+ games was it? Chelsea is very inconsistent, their defense can be laughable (watch Atletico Madrid vs Chelsea 4-1 :/).

Chelsea will be lucky to draw Juventus IMO. You guys are *far* more consistent and organized.

46 matches or something like that, but that's in Serie A. International football, CL especially, is on another level. Chelsea may be inconsistent, but your players have a ton of CL experience and, hell, you're the Champions, for Christ's sake! Laughable defense? You should've seen our first half against Genoa yesterday ... Stuff of nightmares. Playing with 3 defenders is risky as it is, playing with 3 defenders when Barzagli is in bad shape, when Bonucci is playing like shit (2 or 3 colossal blunders per game) and with a Chiellini that has yet to fully recover from a fastidious injury ... Yeah. On top of that we have a dead-tired Pirlo and a Vidal at 50% of his potential (if that!). Marchisio seems to be in decent form, but he alone is not enough to guarantee the protection our defense needs. Now more than ever.

And then there Juve's horrible history with PL teams. I may be wrong here, but I think the last time we came home from GB with three points was ... in 1996. :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhkYH0NEtPM

There's now an official SKY (Germany) youtube channel with detailed Bundesliga game recaps:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SkySportHD

Is this the future? :O
Does it work outside of Germany as well?

The uploader has not made this video available in your country.
Sorry about that.

Its an easy way to display the fact that The Sun is a worthless rag, not fit to wipe your arse with. And what better way to show that that you're unlikely to get the facts, let alone anything approaching decent journalism, than the Hillsborough issue?

Its not relevant to the topic/article, but its relevant to the source and personal reaction

I'd be surprised if we get anything out the game tonight. Our midfield isn't full strength but should be fine, our defence is totally shot though and with Krul out there's going to be plenty of chances for Everton.

Could be a goal fest though. 3-2 or something.

dc89

Guys, I went through the most painful 2 hours of my life:

1) Had a weak tooth, and a part of it broke after biting one TOUGH piece of popcorn haha
2) Removed the loose part of the tooth at the dentist
3) Few days later, went for a full extraction, supposedly to come back 6 months later for an implant BUT (a twist occurs)
4) Turns out that I have NO bone above that too (hence I CANNOT have an implant) and to top if off there is a small HOLE that is connected to my sinus.
5) As a result, I removed only 80% of my tooth and the remaining 20% had to be removed through...
6) A dental surgery. THAT was the most painful part!!! In order for the remaining 20% not to go into the HOLE leading to my sinus, they had to remove the teeth from ABOVE so they had to make a cut and remove the remainder of the tooth PLUS remove 3 roots. GUYS I was on the verge of crying while laughing. It was TORTUROUS! Heck, even the anesthetic shots on the roof of my mouth KILLED me! Now I got a swelling on my cheek that makes me look like Popeye, check it out:

Elsk is being mean :(! I live in the UAE and both Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoun are LOVELY people. Sheikh Mansour is actually a VERY passionate football fan. He's not the greedy/money type. He really LOVES Manchester City FC. A true football fan, like Abramovich.

Ow. Fady this sucks. I hope you get well soon! And I knew you'd speak sense to Elsk :p

dc89

Uncharted 2 - what. A. Game.

Has there been a better console game this generation?

Nope can't think of one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom