• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxx

And Everton's mascots for tonight:

A3A0TbSCAAAflhG.jpg:large

The world is behind those who were wronged.

What's that long pink thing?

Hixx

I nearly did a shit when I saw Evertons team cos Jelavic was mixed in with the defenders and I didn't spot him immediately
LLShC.gif

Fady K

Finally starting Dead Space 2 <3

Hey, Fady K is alive. Cool!

Hey there Farid! I came back earlier with a megamega post, I even mentioned you (regarding your Rome trip :D).

46 matches or something like that, but that's in Serie A. International football, CL especially, is on another level. Chelsea may be inconsistent, but your players have a ton of CL experience and, hell, you're the Champions, for Christ's sake! Laughable defense? You should've seen our first half against Genoa yesterday ... Stuff of nightmares. Playing with 3 defenders is risky as it is, playing with 3 defenders when Barzagli is in bad shape, when Bonucci is playing like shit (2 or 3 colossal blunders per game) and with a Chiellini that has yet to fully recover from a fastidious injury ... Yeah. On top of that we have a dead-tired Pirlo and a Vidal at 50% of his potential (if that!). Marchisio seems to be in decent form, but he alone is not enough to guarantee the protection our defense needs. Now more than ever.

And then there Juve's horrible history with PL teams. I may be wrong here, but I think the last time we came home from GB with three points was ... in 1996. :/

46 matches :[!! That is insane! I don't remember the last time Chelsea went over 7-8 matches unbeaten. I know we're the champions of last season but we have been exposed a few times already this season. And we don't have our talisman Drogba. I watched the Genoa game btw - even though Genoa kept penetrating, you guys came back real strong I felt! Also our defender Terry has only recently come back from injury and was not very fit last game, same for Ashley Cole...And to be honest with you Torres is has had two dull games recently. But honestly all of it depends on how well Chelsea and Juventus do, hopefully they both play at their best and give us a game to remember. The reason why I'll get worried if Chelsea don't get three points at home is - their last game will be away to Juventus, and if they were desperate for points to qualify to the next stage, that will be a nightmare of an area to try to claim three points from. Wishing both teams the best, it's an honor to play against Juventus to be honest.

Ah, Fady get well soon dude. Is that the new Chelsea 3rd kit? I love that kit.

Thanks Messi : D! That my friend is the 2nd CFC kit - the blue and white one, lovely lovely kit! Do remind me - are you picking up any Chelsea kit this season? I recently picked up my Barca home kit btw!!

Ow. Fady this sucks. I hope you get well soon! And I knew you'd speak sense to Elsk :p

Thank you kindly dc :) And yes, Sheikh Mansour truly is wonderful! Congrats on Silva, the three best City players have now signed an extension :] May sound like a joke but I hope Tevez does too, he has become one of City's best!

Uncharted 2 - what. A. Game.

Has there been a better console game this generation?

Nope can't think of one.

My favorite game of all time actually, I'm with u ;D Nice to see a lot of Bioshock love as well - beautiful, beautiful game. Easily in my top 10.

Bioshock 2 was tripe though, what happened with that?!

Hear me out and play the DLC chapter "Minerva's Den" - it is about 5 hours long and it actually CONCLUDES some of BS2's story. Plus, it is a better game than the entirety of BS2. MUCH better story I felt.

The best game we got this gen is MGS4.

And fuck all the haters.

MGS4 was so beautiful. Can't wait for Ground Zeroes!

I don't know Fady, I can see Mata and Hazard running circles around our slow and unfit as fuck back three! Barzagli (Mr.Reliable) gave me flashes of Zebina the other day.

And you guys have a day's rest over us.
jjsGf.gif
jjsGf.gif
jjsGf.gif

Our midfield can be scary, true, but it was absolutely ineffective recently btw - especially against Atletico where it seemed like the whole team was asleep :/ I admire Juve's fighting spirit that Chelsea generally lacks (outside the CL of last season at least) that kept them from losing all but one game against Napoli in the Coppa Italia. As I said to Zabojnik though, it is an honor to play against Juventus, a team I love and respect.

I will giggle if you lose not playing 4-4-2 now.

I still don't expect us to get anything considering how weak our defence is, still, it's a move in the right direction. I still feel uneasy about Ba not starting though, he's a natural goalscorer.

Arnie

Kwadwo
Verrati (deep lying playmaker)

DC, that banner has already been posted at least once.

Lars Bender turned me down, the JT. Already own half of Veratti, he's part of my master plan.

This Kara guy looks really good. Scouting him.

Meier

Fellaini just joined City, and Martinez isn't having any of my contract negotiations.

Anyone got any good tips for DM purchases on FM12?

Lorenzo Crisetig is a good buy typically. You can also use Nika Kvekevskiri (sp) as a DM too as I recall.

Balotelli the saturday night,that's style.

http://estaticos02.marca.com/imagenes/2012/09/17/futbol/futbol_internacional/premier_league/1347878481_extras_noticia_foton_7_0.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Balotelli was in Ibiza the same night as me, wish I'd known then. He probably bought champagne for everyone or something.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
cool, he's down as a defender but doesn't he play midfield?

Not sure how the points work but if its like the PL fantasy league, he should get more points if he scores.

Wingback on the left. If it all goes according to plan in the midfield, he's effectively a winger :p

Two goals and two assists in four games.

Carbonox

Perch and Williamson in defence. Could have been Debuchy and Douglas. fml.

Looks like we're playing 4-3-3 as well with Ben Arfa, Marveaux and Cisse playing a front 3 and Anita, Cabaye and Gutierrez playing a tri-force in the middle. I like.

We'll still get roflstomped though.

Gary Neville offering a refreshing insight into 'Why' things are bad defending and not just unlucky. Perspective as a player and a developing coach. Great chance for everyone to learn listening to him speak plainly, but passionately, about the sport.

Kyoufu

Perch and Williamson in defence. Could have been Debuchy and Douglas. fml.

Looks like we're playing 4-3-3 as well with Ben Arfa, Marveaux and Cisse playing a front 3 and Anita, Cabaye and Gutierrez playing a tri-force in the middle. I like.

We'll still get roflstomped though.

4-2-3-1

dc89

Gary Neville offering a refreshing insight into 'Why' things are bad defending and not just unlucky. Perspective as a player and a developing coach. Great chance for everyone to learn listening to him speak plainly, but passionately, about the sport.

I love G Nev in this role.

Put the match of the day mob to shame.

I love G Nev in this role.

Put the match of the day mob to shame.

They talk like they hate football, it's horrible to watch. When Lawro is in the Analysis/pundit role on commentary I have to turn it off. The first 5 minutes of him moaning and be sarky are sort of funny, but after that it's just annoying and puts you off the match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom