• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Wonderfully worked goal.

Everton are going to beat a lot of teams this season. Usually they have a really slow start, but they are on fire!

Just had a look at the Fantasy league. Good to see everybody else has had a bad week too, I was worried I would have slipped well behind.

Got Baines in tmrw nights game. A clean sheet and a pelanty please Leighton.

Got Kacaniklic on my bench who got 10 points, gahhhh.
Whhhaaaa-ohhhh, we're half way there!

Meier

5 time European champions?

Hey nothing wrong with living on past glories (I went to FSU for the football team but we haven't done jack shit since 2000) and at least LFC won it somewhat recently, but past glories don't mean much when talking about the present or future. It's a pretty bleak time for a Liverpool fan. I'd feel much better as a WBA fan -- no real pressure on you to win anything. Finishing 10th was a great result for them whereas finishing 8th (and that might be an unrealistic goal this year) is a colossal failure for LFC.

Whhhaaaa-ohhhh, we're half way there!

I have him and Jagielka on my ESPN team. Bout ready to drop Vinnie in favor of Baines in the official league..

Hey nothing wrong with living on past glories (I went to FSU for the football team but we haven't done jack shit since 2000) and at least LFC won it somewhat recently, but past glories don't mean much when talking about the present or future. It's a pretty bleak time for a Liverpool fan. I'd feel much better as a WBA fan -- no real pressure on you to win anything. Finishing 10th was a great result for them whereas finishing 8th (and that might be an unrealistic goal this year) is a colossal failure for LFC.
Aside from me hating Liverpool.

LOL.

Come on. No offence to Adrian Chiles but id rather be a fan of one the most storied sports teams in the world than West Bromich Albion..

Baines is a FF must. Expensive but he always delivers points. Gets so many goals and assists and taking the set pieces always helps.

Class class player man I wish we signed him this summer.

Still, Buttner.

Carbonox

I hope the right side of Newcastle gets destroyed every single time by Baines and Pienaar just to drive home how fucking thick as pig shit the club was for their retardation over the transfer window. Not buckling to offers for our best players means fuck all when you can't even buy others.

Garjon

Are my eyes deceiving me or are Newcastle playing long ball against Everton? They're not even getting the defensive advantages this strategy provides.

Meier

Aside from me hating Liverpool.

LOL.

Come on. No offence to Adrian Chiles but id rather be a fan of one the most storied sports teams in the world than West Bromich Albion..

I didn't say I'd RATHER be a WBA fan than an LFC fan, just that I'd feel better as one right now. Trust me, FSU was a Manchester United equivalent in American college football in the 90s but we went through a real rough patch for most all of the '00s and it was absolutely awful. I would have felt better as a fan of a team who overachieved during those years.

It's a dire period for LFC.

faridmon

He is. Shame he's pretty selfish and doesn't seem to handle the pressure well at all. Could have been a great centre forward if he lived up to his potential in Standard youth team, now he's stuck playing as a wide striker/winger.

Yeah, no. So far from what I have seen from him, he have been unselfish and can handle the ball well in a highly pressurised situations. I don't know about his past in Belgium, but he had more assists in Greece than goals.

Carbonox

Cisse, what the fuck is wrong with you this season? Christ. He's been wank since the start of pre-season.

Newcastle haven't shown up this season yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom