• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I'd finally get rewarded in FF for keeping him. He's gotta net one eventually...

Course he will, the problem hasn't been him. That was easily his best chance of his season, problem is we haven't had one game where we've controlled the midfield and put service to his feet.

Wes

venison crêpe
I've been saying for months now Newcastle should try playing 4-4-2. This system isn't working for them.

dc89

No disrespect to Everon but Fellani should be at a top 4 club. He is insanely good and I'm surprised no one went for him.

If they did, hats off for Everton on keeping him.

Carbonox

Course he will, the problem hasn't been him. That was easily his best chance of his season, problem is we haven't had one game where we've controlled the midfield and put service to his feet.

Unfortunately we haven't had Tiote in a while (since Tottenham I believe), who may have increased our chances of success in our last few games (and maybe even tonight). Still, him, Coloccini and Krul being out are the least of our issues. We're showcasing right now fucking lacking in depth we are. I've seen puddles with more depth.

I've been saying for months now Newcastle should try playing 4-4-2. This system isn't working for them.

This system had us go on a 6 game winning streak at the back end of last season. When we switched to 4-4-2, we started drawing/losing again.

Ba and Cisse can't play together for shit. Ba playing on the wing actually helped us more than it hindered us, even though he hated it.

Yeah, no. So far from what I have seen from him, he have been unselfish and can handle the ball well in a highly pressurised situations. I don't know about his past in Belgium, but he had more assists in Greece than goals.

Sorry I meant he couldn't handle the pressure after he left Standard youth academy, he was by far the best forward from that generation. Lille quickly bought him but even though he had a promising sthart and the manager's support, he never managed to perform. Left for Saint Etienne, a smaller club in France and flopped aswell.

Going to Greece sure relaunched his career though, think he learnt to enjoy playing as a wide striker there. Didn't mean he couldn't handle being pressurised by many players, he's quite good technically, has quick feet and can protect the ball too.

Think he should focus on feeding Jelavic more but he really wants to make an early impact I guess.

Wow Baines with that save off the line.

sixghost

No disrespect to Everon but Fellani should be at a top 4 club. He is insanely good and I'm surprised no one went for him.

Can't really argue with that. When the inevitable happens, I just hope it's someone outside the prem, or they take City/Chelsea to the cleaners.

faridmon

Can't really argue with that. When the inevitable happens, I just hope it's someone outside the prem, or they take City/Chelsea to the cleaners.

Apparently, he did say that he wants to leave this January. I just hope we get a lot of money if he decides to go.

Meier

He's gonna cost a helluva lot whenever he moves since they paid a good bit for him (£15m, their club record) as is. I can't imagine him moving for less than £30-35m.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom