• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Ah okay that makes sense, I just thought that Yahoo was THE thing.

It definitely is the main site in the US for fantasy NFL, but it looks like most folks use the official site for the EPL/BPL.

I'm just finishing listening to the new Vaccines record.. not standing out that much, sadly. Maybe it'll click with a few listens, but the debut was amazing and this is just decent at best. They have it on Soundcloud.. may be US only: http://soundcloud.com/the-vaccines/sets/come-of-age-1/s-huXNx

Expect the share price to plummet.

Time to start short selling?

It was down to like $12 the other day. Not that it matter.

Shouldn't matter since your brand worth is $100bn, or at least that's what Man U fans I've talked to keep telling me. Seemingly you can be in a ton of debt if you're Man U as the Man U brand is priceless.

Share price most likely will drop but it'll be ironic as hell because the IPO document more or less outlined just how bad the results would be!

It won't come as surprise to anybody and will more than likely be an anomaly due to the poor CL performance last season but United fans on Twitter will definitely be losing it.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
ESPN and Fox Sports are going to broadcast (live) Real Madrid CF vs Manchester City, Paris St. Germain vs FC Dynamo Kyiv, AC Milan vs Anderlecht and Montpellier vs Arsenal.

Are they fucking crazy? Where's Dortmund vs. Ajax?

you're the only latin american I know that watches bundesliga. Everyone watches la liga, epl and even serie a. eredivisie a little since they have hispanic players there.

elsk

Banned
you're the only latin american I know that watches bundesliga. Everyone watches la liga, epl and even serie a. eredivisie a little since they have hispanic players there.

Really? I know a lot. Watching La Liga is only for people with $$$, you have to get Sky antenna for that.

If Sterling plays as he has been playing Evra and Rafael both will come unstuck. Rafael loves to dive in and Evra does this thing where he keeps backing off because he's scared shitless he'll get skinned and by the time he acts it's too late and the opposition player is already into the box.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Really? I know a lot. Watching La Liga is only for people with $$$, you have to get Sky antenna for that.

Well I only know people in america and colombia irl so I'm not too knowledgable on it. bundesliga was really hard to watch until recently when the oil barons started their own sports channel (beinsport) and gol tv just has the rights to bundesliga now. I like bundesliga a lot btw, havnt picked a team yet though lol

K1LLER7

If Sterling plays as he has been playing Evra and Rafael both will come unstuck. Rafael loves to dive in and Evra does this thing where he keeps backing off because he's scared shitless he'll get skinned and by the time he acts it's too late and the opposition player is already into the box.

we gotta hope Suarez/Borini's finishing is still shite.

This was posted on ITV

Manchester United are expected to report a drop in revenue and profits as a result of the club's failure to progress in the Champions League last season.

The club will announce the full-year results tomorrow for the year ending 30th June 2012.

In unaudited estimates presented to potential investors last month, the club predicted a fall in revenue of between 3% and 5% - an estimated £315m to £320m compared to £334m for the year ending June 2011.

It is also expected to show that wages have risen by around 10% compared to 2011, but that commercial deals, such with training kit partner DHL, have also risen by as much as 13% to £117m, softening the blow of the fall in broadcast income and prize money from European football.

The overall revenue drop is a direct result of United's failure to get into the knockout stages of the Champions League, especially compared to the 2010/2011 season when they reached the final - which was the most lucrative final ever.

The impact of being knocked out of the FA Cup in the fourth round also has had an knock-on effect on matchday income.

The results come against the background of pressure on the price of the shares - totalling 10% of the club - sold on the New York Stock Exchange last month.

The Glazers had valued the shares at between 16 and 20 US dollars, but they were sold for 14 dollars and now the price has dropped to 12 dollars.

The absence of Champions League income from the knockout stages cost United £14m in income from UEFA compared to the previous season. There also a £10million fall in matchday income due to four fewer home matches taking place.

Even so, United should still be comfortably in third place in the table of the world's biggest-earning clubs behind Real Madrid and Barcelona.

Madrid's revenues for the 2011-12 financial year were 514m euros (£415m), a 7% rise, while Barcelona's of 494.9m euros (£399m) represent a 4.5% increase.

When United issued their third-quarterly report for the nine months ending March 31, the 9.9% wage increase was put down to new players and new contracts.

The quarterly financial report stated: "This increase largely relates to growth in player remuneration, driven by new player acquisitions and further contractual negotiations together with increased costs and headcount arising from the continued growth in our sponsorship and commercial operations."

elsk

Banned
Well I only know people in america and colombia irl so I'm not too knowledgable on it. bundesliga was really hard to watch until recently when the oil barons started their own sports channel (beinsport) and gol tv just has the rights to bundesliga now. I like bundesliga a lot btw, havnt picked a team yet though lol

Yeah, watching bundesliga was a bit difficult in Latin America because it was on a shitty channel like GolTV but since this season ESPN is broadcasting the most important matches every week. It's great.

I usually watch 1-2 matches of the EPL and 1-2 Serie A match per week also.

kSmUe.jpg

I'm ready. Let's do this!

Lightning

Banned
Happy birthday Fady!

And come on arsenal tomorrow. We should handle Monty easily enough but from what I gather from Wenger some players won't be playing. Probably resting for the man city game.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I could have sworn you already had your birthday this year, Fady.

Maybe he celebrates other people's birthdays too?

j/k Happy birthday dude!

my team since the site is down:

Neuer

Lahm - David Luiz - Caceres - Marcelo

Nani - Pirlo - Iniesta

James - Messi - Santa Cruz

shit I forgot the bench but I got lindegaard as keeper and of course Messi captain

Wes

venison crêpe
Happy Birthday Fady.

So we're over 10% of the way through the league season already:

l5wVz.jpg

I'd be quite happy with that as our final position. Can you say the same about your team?

Happy Birthday Fady.

http://imgur.com/l5wVz.jpg[IMG]

I'd be quite happy with that as our final position. Can you say the same about your team?[/QUOTE]

I would be happy with that :D Although I would like it if Southampton stayed up.

Carbonox

Happy Birthday Fady.

l5wVz.jpg

I'd be quite happy with that as our final position. Can you say the same about your team?

West Ham finishing in the top 8 would be a crime against humanity and cause for World War 3.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Yeah I thought about getting Guardado too but I don't know how well Valencia will do. I actually had a bad ass squad but you have to have a full bench, lol

I can't believe I waited so long for champions league to start and now half of our starting eleven is injured. Put some money on Malaga folks. Unless the Kerzhabeast awakens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom