• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

elsk

Banned
(Reposting in new page)

Seriously, this is the last day to create your fucking CL fantasy team.

iNNNOEwAeiIN5.png

INSTRUCTIONS
Go here: http://en.uclfantasy.uefa.com/, create your team, and then quote this post to get the code to join the Footy GAF league.

Wait, what... is Shirokov ok?!

Don't worry, Shirokov never puts in enough effort to get hurt. But no Danny, Witsel, Hubocan, Criscito or Semak for the Malaga game.

The lineup will likely be

Malafeev
Anyukov
Alves
Lombaarts
Lukovic
Denisov
Shirokov
Bystrov
Fayzulin
Hulk
Kerzhakov

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Is Martin Caceres going to start? Because I have bruno alves as a reserve I think Malaga might do well. I hope roque santa cruz starts that little JT

---thanks for the heads up Yurt!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Is Martin Caceres going to start? Because I have bruno alves as a reserve I think Malaga might do well. I hope roque santa cruz starts that little JT

No. Edit: Unless there's another Martin Caceres I'm not aware of?

Our probable lineup:

Buffon
Barzagli - Bonucci - Chiellini
Lich - Vidal - Pirlo - Marchisio - Asamoah
Giovinco - Vucinic.

you'll be better off picking someone like Valdes or Hart. At least we know they'll start most likely :)

I picked players that I liked. Favorites are prioritized over winning in this fantasy squad. ;)

I think Vidal is a must. He's registered as a defender so he'll get bonus points for clean sheets and will be in the attack.

Edit: After tomorrows matches are over, you are given the option to substitute a player in. The player being substituted out won't get points, but the player in will. Which means that if one of Uchida or Piszczek don't perform (playing on tuesday), I'll substitute Badstuber in to replace him.

---thanks for the heads up Yurt!

Hubocan got hurt so Bruno Alves will play for sure. Can't believe he's good enough to play for Portugal. He's ultra shit.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Hubocan got hurt so Bruno Alves will play for sure. Can't believe he's good enough to play for Portugal. He's ultra shit.

is that the dude that missed the penalty against spain? if so I like him. Ronaldo sadness fuels my hatred =)

----well coentrao is shit for madrid but great for portugal but I don't know I don't follow malaga at all. I hate them because they cost atletico a champions league spot... well tbf atletico shot themselves in the foot but still

----I just tried to go full south american squad I didn't really think too deeply apart from teams I think will advance to the knockout stages

Wait you called in too? Missed that completely.

Naaa didn't call. Had a few tweets read out though, one during the last few mins of the #TeamBrad where they all started laughing and it made Brad die.

Note-It may or, more likely, may not have been the cause of Brad's death

MPW

561700_487179694626056_1693430943_n.jpg

good: madrid gets tested early on and not coast through group stage

bad: focus will be on getting to round of 16, goodbye la liga (expect barca to get ahead by 10+ points)

ugly: don't make it cl round of 16

Messi

561700_487179694626056_1693430943_n.jpg

good: madrid gets tested early on and not coast through group stage

bad: focus will be on getting to round of 16, goodbye la liga (expect barca to get ahead by 10+ points)

ugly: don't make it cl round of 16

In your opinion what happens to Mou if he gives up on the league and fails to win the CL, Lets say a Semi Final exit. Is he gone? would you want him gone?

elsk

Banned
In your opinion what happens to Mou if he gives up on the league and fails to win the CL, Lets say a Semi Final exit. Is he gone? would you want him gone?

I doubt the will want to stay for another season, without Guardiola around he lost his biggest incentive to fight/stay in Spain.

jtb

Banned

He'll probably take a sabbatical again—doesn't his contract expire after this season? That's what he did after his poor start to the season at Chelsea... pretty striking similarities between the two though; Mou's teams really run on two season cycles, the third is where they all seem to fall apart. (Which is why he didn't bother with them at Inter and Porto)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom