• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

qindarka

Banned
He'll probably take a sabbatical again—doesn't his contract expire after this season? That's what he did after his poor start to the season at Chelsea... pretty striking similarities between the two though; Mou's teams really run on two season cycles, the third is where they all seem to fall apart. (Which is why he didn't bother with them at Inter and Porto)

His third season at Chelsea was fine. 2nd in the league and the domestic cup double. It was the start of his 4th that was poor.

MPW

this is just class from dortmund

Borussia Dortmund welcomes Ajax Amsterdam, Manchester City and Real Madrid | CL 2012/2013 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjoknNk-1Zg&hd=1

Clap.gif

Kyoufu

Just re-watched the Hillsborough tribute at Goodison Park.

Makes me emotional and I admit I've never thought about the tragic incident before.

Respect to Everton for that. The kids holding hands in Liverpool/Everton shirts... :'(

Merseyside United FC would dominate the league.

MPW

In your opinion what happens to Mou if he gives up on the league and fails to win the CL, Lets say a Semi Final exit. Is he gone? would you want him gone?

hell no

unless dortmund coach joins us and brings couple of dortmund players with him

he signed an extension with madrid, i just can't see mou quitting without winning CL

Fry

Happy birthday, Fadyster!

Champions league tomorrow, baby :D And Battle Born release (consequent of a concert from the band freely streamed on youtube).

And I have to study tomorrow. I'm fucked.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Bah.

I didn't get to record that. I am watching Stoke City vs Manchester. I am about halfway through; it's not the most exciting thing in the world so far.

pretty sure it's on espn3 dude

anyway I watched it on espn2 so I assume it's ready for replay online

xintin

Champions League Final replay on Fox Soccer right now. No better way to get ready for tomorrow than this!
sorry Bayern fans :p

Mumei

pretty sure it's on espn3 dude

anyway I watched it on espn2 so I assume it's ready for replay online

I looked and haven't seen it yet! I will keep an eye out, though.

Mumei, are you going to be watching the Champions League, live with us?

Um... I will be at work so doubtfully. I might be able to listen on headphones and catch snippets here and there depending on how busy I am and if it is streaming on that ESPN site or whatever.

Is there any way to watch the UEFA Champions League, or the CONCACAF Champions league for that matter if I live in the US and have basic cable without paying some absurd price for some Euro Soccer package from a cable provider?

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Is there any way to watch the UEFA Champions League, or the CONCACAF Champions league for that matter if I live in the US and have basic cable without paying some absurd price for some Euro Soccer package from a cable provider?

What provider do you have? I have direct and the sports pack (like $11 bucks a month) includes fox soccer, fox sports south, and BeINsport.

what you need is fox soccer and your local fox sports affiliate. otherwise you need this shit https://secure.foxsoccer2go.com/buy?WT.mc_id=LiveGame_Playercustom

xintin

You'll get one leg of each Semi in the UCL on FX and the Final itself on FOX. And that's about it. Think FSC is the only place that broadcasts CONCACAF CL matches.

FootballFan

Here's my poor attempt a team for the fantasy CL.

h06Tg.png

Good team, I would take out Busquets though, Fantasy leagues are about goals, assists, clean sheets, motm etc and Busquets will never get any of those lol. Iniesta for example is also pretty risky, as good as he is, his assists/goals per game are average so he won't get you many points, also injury prone.

And in defense it's usually good to have RB's and LB's only(I have Lahm, Alves and Abate), higher chance of assists/goals than CBs and they get points for clean sheets too. Though there are those CBs that tend to score like Terry, Rami, Vidic etc. So that part is really your choice, but Busquets I personally wouldn't use(would suck if you took him out and he scored a hat trick though lol)

edit
Also, I would like to add that I usually suck at the fantasy football stuff but that is the usual advice I hear.

Meier

Here's my attempt.. I kinda regret not having Messi. I tried to take into account the draws though and so I picked a few guys I think who could have big performances.

i3SeC7fcXnUdD.png

elsk

Banned
Good team, I would take out Busquets though, Fantasy leagues are about goals, assists, clean sheets, motm etc and Busquets will never get any of those lol. Iniesta for example is also pretty risky, as good as he is, his assists/goals per game are average so he won't get you many points, also injury prone.

And in defense it's usually good to have RB's and LB's only(I have Lahm, Alves and Abate), higher chance of assists/goals than CBs and they get points for clean sheets too. Though there are those CBs that tend to score like Terry, Rami, Vidic etc. So that part is really your choice, but Busquets I personally wouldn't use(would suck if you took him out and he scored a hat trick though lol)

Happened to me last season. I had him and took him out in the last semis and he scored. fuck him.

edit: Why are you guys using Neuer? We're facing Valencia!

Meier

Happened to me last season. I had him and took him out in the last semis and he scored. fuck him.

Your group is a cake walk and he's much better than Valdes. Casillas has a tough group and could give up a few goals.. I'd think Neuer will get at least 3-4 Clean Sheets very easily.

elsk

Banned
Your group is a cake walk and he's much better than Valdes. Casillas has a tough group and could give up a few goals.. I'd think Neuer will get at least 3-4 Clean Sheets very easily.

Yeah, the rest of the group is kind of easy but Valencia are a very strong side.

Meier

Yeah, the rest of the group is kind of easy but Valencia are a very strong side.

I have never played the UCL fantasy game, but I assume you don't get transfers until the entire group stage is done, right?

Edit: Looks like you can transfer each "match day" -- I'll have to keep that in mind. I also see that my team name is missing an s (Mancs) but I can't seem to change it. :(

FootballFan

Here's my attempt.. I kinda regret not having Messi. I tried to take into account the draws though and so I picked a few guys I think who could have big performances.

Messi is in 73% of the teams. Wow. :lol Not that I am surprised I guess since he has been top scorer 4 times in a row in the CL and grabs quite a bit of assists.

I wanted to include Shaqiri into my squad but don't know if he will feature since Robben/Ribery with their crazy injuries/comebacks and all.

AndresON777

shooting blanks

have you seen valencia play? they park the bus and counter attack. la liga has been my fav league for like 9 years...

I love neuer

--- lol my team name is Futbol Club Cokeheads

jacknicholson.gif

FootballFan

When will Swansea use their great signing Pablo Hernandez. :(

edit
Ohh Laudrup has said he will have to wait on the bench cause Dyer and Routledge are on fire.

rodvik

When will Swansea use their great signing Pablo Hernandez. :(

edit
Ohh Laudrup has said he will have to wait on the bench cause Dyer and Routledge are on fire.

He came on vs Aston Villa.

Looked pretty sharp and dangerous. Not good enough to beat us that day (to be fair we were really up for it) but I think he will do well in the EPL, I think Swansea as a squad will do very well this season, they have been impressive so far.

FootballFan

Pulga, I can't see anything?

He came on vs Aston Villa.

Looked pretty sharp and dangerous. Not good enough to beat us that day (to be fair we were really up for it) but I think he will do well in the EPL, I think Swansea as a squad will do very well this season, they have been impressive so far.

Ahh okay, that is why it says he has 0 starts but 1 appearance. Yeah I also think both he and Swansea will do well this season. Nearly all my favourite La Liga players have gone to the EPL lol. Hopefully Muniain, Isco, Navas and a couple others stay put.

edit edit

Also Lightning they made your Cazorla avatar in that thread for you.

elsk

Banned
I wanted to include Shaqiri into my squad but don't know if he will feature since Robben/Ribery with their crazy injuries/comebacks and all.

Shaqiri is not likely to play, maybe as sub but surely he won't start. Ribéry will play.

have you seen valencia play? they park the bus and counter attack. la liga has been my fav league for like 9 years...

They changed coach this season. And they have great players, I expect a very difficult match. Dortmund usually plays a counter-attacking game against Bayern.

rodvik

Pulga, I can't see anything?

Ahh okay, that is why it says he has 0 starts but 1 appearance. Yeah I also think both he and Swansea will do well this season. Nearly all the players I liked in La Liga are gone to the EPL lol. Hopefully Muniain, Isco, Navas and a couple others stay put.

Yup. Swansea is turning into a mini La Liga team! Good to see! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom