• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenka

James Milner

Javi Garcia
tumblr_m5bgc4tY5e1r2qhu9o1_500.gif

United finances are out.

£320m revenue, down 3%. Not as much of a decrease as I thought it would be actually, commercial deals making up for some of the CL money loss.

Interesting that the club are saying this.

tariq panja ‏@tariqpanja
To meet 2013 revenue targets Man Utd says it needs to reach the quarterfinals of the Champions League and domestic cups

We expect that as a minimum purely from a footballing perspective but I'm a bit uneasy that the club are publicly announcing these sorts of targets. Not the way it should happen.

3Sixty

Blackpool, Gillingham, Carlisle & Bradford all to win @ 11/1 Medium Stakes

Arsenal, Chesterfield, Plymouth & Blackburn all to win @ 11/1 Medium Stakes

All 8 teams - Low Stakes

Over 2.5 goals in these matches:

Gillingham v Southend
Blackburn v Barnsley
MK Dons v Notts County
Peterbrough v Bristol City

10/1 Medium Stakes

Blackburn, Stevenage, Preston & Gillingham all to win @10/1 Medium Stakes

Both teams to score bets!!

Milwall V Cardiff, Crystal Palace V Nottingham & Colchester V Crawley @ Around 5/1 High Stakes

Plymouth V Bristol Rovers, Chesterfield V Accrington & Oldham V Scunthorpe @ Around 5/1 High Stakes

All 6 games - Around 30/1 Low Stakes

Finally one for the CL:

AC Milan to win, Dortmund V Ajax Draw & PSG to win 11/1 Medium Stakes

Damn, you don't fuck about.

Nothing spectacular really.

Shortfall coming from matchday income and and lack of TV money in the final quarter. So basically no CL/Cup home games since we were knocked out of everything and then no CL broadcasting money either.

Debt down (just) and profits up shows the club is still in pretty good shape and the debt is quite easily affordable for now, but getting to the CL knock-out rounds is important. Can't afford to miss out on that.

Expect United to field a stronger team in the cup games then.
Well Fergie's just been saying that he will field a more experienced side in the CL this season to make sure we get through the groups. Also been going on about the importance of pressing on and getting goals when we're on top.

I really don't agree with Fergie's idea that the team need to be more ruthless. I think we are quite potent already, we need to control games. Fergie seems to think the solution is to be more forceful and direct to me, I'm not sure about that.

He's also been saying that he has no issue alternating his goalkeepers - bullshit.

Last bit ahead of the LFC game on the weekend:

Sir Alex says he did not hear any chants about Liverpool on Saturday but chief executive David Gill did from the directors' box and was disappointed with them. "We are completely in support of Liverpool Football Club at this moment in time and understand what the families must have felt when they got that report," he stated. "I'm disappointed to hear that. It's a minority."

Messi

timthumb.php

Ten of the 11 starters for Barcelona vs Getafe were La Masia graduates. That is kind of awesome. Adriano was the only one who was not and usually that would be Jordi Alba who was ill. So there could be a 100% La Masia team this year.

K1LLER7

Well Fergie's just been saying that he will field a more experienced side in the CL this season to make sure we get through the groups. Also been going on about the importance of pressing on and getting goals when we're on top.

I really don't agree with Fergie's idea that the team need to be more ruthless. I think we are quite potent already, we need to control games. Fergie seems to think the solution is to be more forceful and direct to me, I'm not sure about that.

He's also been saying that he has no issue alternating his goalkeepers - bullshit.

Last bit ahead of the LFC game on the weekend:
I agree with you.

When Scholes plays the team plays different, We have more control of the game. Carrick and Cleverly don't really offer that in the middle. That's why Modric would've been perfect and seeing Fergie at the match yesterday makes me hope he was there to watch someone like Cabaye who our midfield could do with.

We do get bullied at times with more physical players but our main aim should be to replace Scholes with a similar type of player.

Slizz

Bah, I get the Milan CL game in HD but the Madrid City game in SD. Exciting times though and I think Madrid do well today.

Wes

venison crêpe
Crewe manager Steve Davis on Westwood's transfer to Villa:

"Clubs had monitored Ash for a long period of time. Villa came in, we thought Villa was a bit of a surprise. But then we found out that they had a thirty game dossier on him so they've done their homework; they knew what they were getting. But nobody else did, so fair play to them; they came in late with all their money and what a fantastic opportunity for him.

All the stuff coming out of Villa Park, or related to the club, is so positive at the moment. I love it. I've missed it :(

Wilbur

Banned
2-0 Madrid, Ozil and Ronaldo.

Can't see City scoring I think Madrid will find some form tonight.

Ozil won't start I don't think, Mou made him train with the reserves this week.

I reckon it'll be

Iker; Arbeloa, Ramos, Pepe, Marcelo; Khedira, Xabi; Di Maria, Modric, CR7; Higuain

Wilbur

Banned
Crewe manager Steve Davis on Westwood's transfer to Villa:

All the stuff coming out of Villa Park or related to the club is so positive at the moment. I love it. I've missed it :(

I'm really happy for you lot. I started getting a bit of a soft spot for Villa under O'Neill and that all went when McLeish came, so for a manager that I think is a huge huge prospect - and personally I think he's better than Rodgers, despite Swansea seemingly getting all the acclaim last year - to be encouraging already makes me happy.

There's a fair few teams in the league I have a soft spot for. Newcastle, Everton, Fulham, Villa, Southampton, Swansea, and Wigan.

Splatt

What does footy-GAF think about this bet:

Porto draw or win
Arsenal draw or win
Dortmund 2+ goals
Blackburn 2+ goals

High stakes.

edit:

oh yeah, almost forgot. Happy bday fady :)

What does footy-GAF think about this bet:

Porto draw or win
Arsenal draw or win
Dortmund 2+ goals
Blackburn 2+ goals

High stakes.

edit:

oh yeah, almost forgot. Happy bday fady :)

I think Over 2.5 goals for the Arsenal game is a good shout considering the results as of late for both clubs. Also Shakhtar's game too may be Over 2.5 goals purely judging from recent form

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom