• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

Fry, bit random but I wanted to see what you thought of Jesse James?

I really liked it, didn't think it was boring at all like some people claimed, although the middle of the movie was a little uninteresting.
Every scene with Casey and Brad were great, and their acting was fantastic. I even changed my avatar to Robert Ford at the time. =p

I wouldn't call it a MASTERPIECE though.

Wilbur

Banned
I really liked it, didn't think it was boring at all like some people claimed, although the middle of the movie was a little uninteresting.
Every scene with Casey and Brad were great, and their acting was fantastic. I even changed my avatar to Robert Ford at the time. =p

Oh damn girl, it is. It's my favourite film of this century for sure, probably my favourite film of the last 30 years or so. It's incredible.

Well excited for Killing Them Softly

Meier

I pretty much changed my entire team.. made it so the subs for goal keeper and defender were effectively worth nothing. Areola is a FM wonderkid at least!

Code:
PLAYER IN	PLAYER OUT
Neuer	        de Gea
Aréola	       Diego Alves
Kolarov	       Thiago Silva
Otamendi	 Papadopoulos
Bertrand	 Fábio Coentrão
Wilson	       Zabaleta
Santi Cazorla	Hazard
Belhanda	   Luiz Gustavo
Alaba	       de Jong
Messi	       van Persie
Óscar Cardozo	James Rodríguez

It's in my top three favourite films, that's how good I think it is :p

dc89

"City have shown interest and told me I'm a good player and they want me to be a part of their club. But they know that I need to develop in order to play. In January, I think they will find a good solution for me."

John Guidetti - Sportbladet

He's due back in training next month.

3Sixty

I've got.

Metz @ 4/9
Sheff Utd @ 8/11
Swindon @ 11/10
PSG @ 8/11
FC Porto @ 10/11
Nottm Forest @ 5/4

and

Zenit St Petersburg @ 12/5
Arsenal @ 11/8
Cardiff @ 7/4
Fleetwood Town @ 1/1
Rangers @ 1/4
Paris FC @ 11/10

I've got.

Metz @ 4/9
Sheff Utd @ 8/11
Swindon @ 11/10
PSG @ 8/11
FC Porto @ 10/11
Nottm Forest @ 5/4

and

Zenit St Petersburg @ 12/5
Arsenal @ 11/8
Cardiff @ 7/4
Fleetwood Town @ 1/1
Rangers @ 1/4
Paris FC @ 11/10

I avoid them like the plague. Way too unpredictable, and their Home record is rubbish. Have you seen their form record this season?

Wilbur

Banned
It's in my top three favourite films, that's how good I think it is :p

Get outta my head you sly motherfucker

p.s. what we having for dinner

"City have shown interest and told me I'm a good player and they want me to be a part of their club. But they know that I need to develop in order to play. In January, I think they will find a good solution for me."

John Guidetti - Sportbladet

Only way he's getting game time is if Dzeko is sold

Fry

Oh damn girl, it is. It's my favourite film of this century for sure, probably my favourite film of the last 30 years or so. It's incredible.

Well excited for Killing Them Softly

Well, I only watched it once, but my first impression was that the movie was short of a masterpiece because it wasn't as gripping as it could have been.

But there's tons of movie I liked even more in a second viewing, who knows.

fuck, woke up with a chest pain today. :/

Wilbur

Banned
Well, I only watched it once, but my first impression was that the movie was short of a masterpiece because it wasn't as gripping as it could have been.

But there's tons of movie I liked even more in a second viewing, who knows.

You eat my butthole, I was gripped harder than dc911's piece when he's watching Inside City

I should, they've let me down numerous times, but Kiev at home is surely a lock?

Idk man, but I suppose you should have one banana skin in your accumulator to increase your potential winnings.

Thanks.

I'm afraid of Arsenal resting their key players because of the upcoming City game.

I'll think about Shakhtar tomorrow :p

City are playing Real tonight so we wouldn't be disadvantaged by playing our first team. Shakhtar are delivering goals like FedEx at the moment

3Sixty

Wouldn't say so this early, first CL game together. Certainly not a lock in my eyes.

I dunno, they've looked better lately, i fancy 'em.

Only team I'm confused why i picked them was Paris FC, i even had the National table and stats in front of me, bit of a brain fart there.

Wilbur

Banned
I dunno, they've looked better lately, i fancy 'em.

Only team I'm confused why i picked them was Paris FC, i even had the National table and stats in front of me, bit of a brain fart there.

Kiev will be a better team than half the teams in France. I think they're the favourites for sure but it's not a locked bet.

Put all your money on Cleverley being voted best player of the tournament. Roll on May. ???. Profit.

Wenger has written something about RVP for Eurosport.

Lightning, don't read it.

Robin van Persie is the kind of player you rarely meet in your life: an exception, the very definition of the word. He has everything a coach dreams to have in a single player: he's smart, classy, clever when he moves, has killer-instinct, and is focused during 90 minutes.
He has a deep love for football. He watches matches at home, analysing everything. It's so rare for a single player to have such a quest for perfection, allied with such talent and class. It's fortunate. He spent eight seasons with me, and he never stopped developing himself. We could never imagine he would become the player he is right now. It hurts to see him wear another shirt when he is at top level.
He's not difficult to manage because he is an ultra-pro. He's at home every night. If you ring him at 10 in the evening, he will answer, because he will be watching some game or preparing himself for some match. With those roots, he is easy to work with. You can have different views to him and, because he has a strong character, he expresses himself like the Dutch usually do when talking about football. But it's pretty easy to discuss things with him because every movement, every gesture has to be done with perfection for him.
Now he's gone, don't ask the fans to understand what is not understandable. Even I do not understand, and I am deep at the heart of the decisions. You have to deal with it. That's life. We are here to help people to express their talents. A coach must have a positive influence on their players' lives.
I would have preferred Van Persie to sign for a club in a foreign country, in order to avoid playing against him several times per season, but it's a fine challenge for us to prove we can exist after such a move, to show we can score goals, play well and survive everything.
RVP and Wayne Rooney have everything to play together. Sometimes, great goalscorers don't really fit together. But if you analyse the pair's technical skills on the pitch, it can work. It will require some understanding, from the technical and from the personal point of view, but their separate success will increase the links between them. If those links exist and if they both score, it will be very, very strong.

RaGe_pt

GAF what's the code for the fantasy champions league GAF league? Can someone PM me with it please?

Finally, Champions League is starting again! I missed it so much. I'm already getting nervous. We have a very dificult game in Zagreb against Dinamo. Hopefully we can get the three points in the first game after Hulk left for Zenit. Let's see how the team reacts but I trust James Rodriguez, Atsu and Iturbe to do the job :)
Come on PORTO! :D
486702_491640934189207_998075074_n.jpg

Wow the MUFC conference call today is actually interesting.

Said the club spent £29m on transfers this summer.

Must mean that alot of the fees are performance related.

dc89

Wow the MUFC conference call today is actually interesting.

Said the club spent £29m on transfers this summer.

Must mean that alot of the fees are performance related.

That Woodward fella said to expect a huge leap in profitability in the coming years and the profits may be used to clear debts.

Hmm...

AndresON777

shooting blanks
GAF what's the code for the fantasy champions league GAF league? Can someone PM me with it please?

Finally, Champions League is starting again! I missed it so much. I'm already getting nervous. We have a very dificult game in Zagreb against Dinamo. Hopefully we can get the three points in the first game after Hulk left for Zenit. Let's see how the team reacts but I trust James Rodriguez, Atsu and Iturbe to do the job :)
Come on PORTO! :D
486702_491640934189207_998075074_n.jpg

cheering for you guys today AND james is on my fantasy team!

Go Citeh too!!!

That Woodward fella said to expect a huge leap in profitability in the coming years and the profits may be used to clear debts.

Hmm...
Yeah but he would say that. Wouldn't put much stock in that.

He did say the club expect half of their commercial income to come from Asia in the future. Dat Kagawa.

They asked him about Ronaldo coming back, he said "don't believe what you read in the papers" :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom