• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh boy, American's in the thread about the dead police women who can't understand why all cops don't have guns.

No way I can post there without getting banned.

elsk

Banned
Guys, which is the Fantasy CL code?

Are you for real?

iNNNOEwAeiIN5.png

INSTRUCTIONS
Go here: http://en.uclfantasy.uefa.com/, create your team, and then quote this post to get the code to join the Footy GAF league.

Meier

I signed up for ESPN's Champions League fantasy game as well just for the helluva it. Oh man, it's awful.. like, ungodly poor.

Eideka

Banned
I....I see something...

Montpellier 0 - 2 Arsenal
Anderlecht 1 - 0 Milan
PSG 1 - 1 Kiev
Real Madrid 1 - 3 Manchester City
Dortmund 3 - 0 Ajax

Fry

I don't know if City will give Madrid any real troubles.

I was gonna say 2x0 Real, but my gut feeling is telling me 1x1.

On the one hand, City's European implosion was entertaining as fuck last season, and I'd greatly enjoy a similar run.

On the other, I fucking love it when Madrid lose high profile matches with Mourinho at the helm. Madrid meltdowns are spectacular.

I like the way I made the CL Fantasy League and Elsk is the one pushing it haha. I assumed no one would join so well done elsk! You got more people than I thought you would!

3Sixty

Southampton FC ‏@officialsaints

We've also had our newly-launched Japanese-language Twitter verified – you can find it at @SaintsFC_Japan. フォローして下さい! #saintsfc

Dat shirt sales?

faridmon

We've also had our newly-launched Japanese-language Twitter verified – you can find it at @SaintsFC_Japan. フォローして下さい! #saintsfc

Dat shirt sales?

yeah, no/ Do you guys have Japanese players?

Kyoufu

Dat shirt sales?

Southampton has fans past the M3 motorway?

Clegg

2-0 to Madrid.

Madrid aren't playing well but I haven't been too impressed with City either.

Mourinho will be looking for a backlash from his players and City will shit it at the Bernabeu.

Watching the video of Everton's Hillsborough tribute, I really hope we can start building bridges between ourselves and Everton&Man Utd. The bitterness is fucking ridiculous, and goes beyond rivalry too often into the realms of disgrace.

Looking for fights
Mocking the Munich disaster
Mocking Hillsborough victims

If you've done any of these, you're a grade-A JT, and being provoked is no justification for an adult

Jensen

Watching the video of Everton's Hillsborough tribute, I really hope we can start building bridges between ourselves and Everton&Man Utd. The bitterness is fucking ridiculous, and goes beyond rivalry too often into the realms of disgrace.

Looking for fights
Mocking the Munich disaster
Mocking Hillsborough victims

If you've done any of these, you're a grade-A JT, and being provoked is no justification for an adult
I completly agree, I have felt that both United and Liverpool fans try to play up the rivalry because they want it to be the biggest in football and it leads to disgusting chants as those you have mwntooned. I would hate to be a neutral during the build-up to United vs Liverpool. Taunting fans about events where people lost their lives is sick and it is is up to other fans who aren't idiots to tell them they are taking it too seriously.

I completly agree, I have felt that both United and Liverpool fans try to play up the rivalry because they want it to be the biggest in football and it leads to disgusting chants as those you have mwntooned. I would hate to be a neutral during the build-up to United vs Liverpool. Taunting fans about events where people lost their lives is sick and it is is up to other fans who aren't idiots to tell them they are taking it too seriously.

I actually got drawn into a discussion on RAWK with a prominent poster who justified his Munich chants with 'I was responding to their Hillsborough chants.' Fucking ridiculous. Everyone else including mods didn't get involved, which I found a bit odd as it is fairly obvious that revelling in the Munich disaster is fucking disgraceful for whatever reason. I'd have perma-banned the twat on the spot.

LegoArmo

I tend not to get offended by things that are clearly said just to offend, so I ignore it. Obviously not nice though, but I doubt there'll be a day when every United fan and every Liverpool fan behave themselves.

dc89

Really sad news about the police officers who were killed in Manchester today.

Manchester City Football Club are deeply saddened to hear of the deaths of PC Fiona Bone and PC Nicola Hughes who tragically died today. Our thoughts are with the family, friends and colleagues of these two brave women.

The flags at the Etihad Stadium will fly at half mast as a mark of respect for these courageous individuals who worked so hard to serve and protect the people of Greater Manchester.

Mcfc club statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom