• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Daily Mail also linked my roids with the pizzas I've had in the summer.

Not sure I believe them.

They also linked us with RVP.

I don't think United have any serious interest in Oliverira tbh. But I wouldn't be surprised if we've scouted him.

jtb

Banned
Why is Benzema whining again? Mou started him over Higuain for every single big match last season, and he was really poor in the Euros. If Benzema leaves (and I have no idea where to... Milan? the club where stars go to collect retirement checks?), I can imagine Madrid spending big on Falcao, so it'd probably be for the best.

Meier

Speaking afterwards, Mancini said: "I don't want us to continue to defend like this and we did a mistake like that. When it was 2-1 we should have continued to play high like we did in the second half.

When asked why City captain Vincent Kompany seemingly ducked for Ronaldo's winner, the Italian added: "I don't know. I saw the goal but you need to ask Vinny. Usually he doesn't do that but the mistake was we went too deep."

I'm still in awe. I can only imagine he was nervous about getting a handball or something? The ball hits him square in the chest if he stands up.. otherwise, he could have easily made an effort to head it away since it was at the height he was at originally!

Turok_TTZ

Benzema to leave Real Madrid by Feb 1st 2013

How do you know this BTW? I'm not doubting it or asking for your source, just wondering.

I have a friend who is a french madridista who happens to be real close with lyonnias staff who as u know lyon was benzema former team. apparently benz remains real close with said staff. and thats where my friend is getting his information. and thats what im told by him.

forgot to mention this. during the international break last week or so benzema was asking his teammates about their clubs.

He's a good looking lad, just with a shit haircut. We've all had a shit hair cut in our time, most people grow out of theirs, though, not into it.
Yes we've found our after dark topic for the day!

Worst haircut?

I had the Beckham curtains on the first day of high school. God damn embarrassing now I think of it. I'm a small Indian boy too, haven't got the golden locks to make it at least semi-acceptable.

dc89

Well played, dc

An3CS.png

Heh thanks man! You saying this to me is rarer than unicorn poop.

Kyoufu

I have a friend who is a french madridista who happens to be real close with lyonnias staff who as u know lyon was benzema former team. apparently benz remains real close with said staff. and thats where my friend is getting his information. and thats what im told by him.

forgot to mention this. during the international break last week or so benzema was asking his teammates about their clubs.

NEWCASTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111

Clegg

But the situation has changed now that RVP is at United. Wanting another striker wouldn't make sense.

United scout hundreds of players every year. I wouldn't be surprised if we've identified a few potential targets that are strikers. If SAF sees someone he likes the he'll try to sign him. Doesn't matter if he plays in a position where we're already overloaded with talent.

Turok_TTZ

Bullshit. Why should anyone be guaranteed a starter role.

allow me to explain.
Benzema is a rhythm player. for comparison, Higuain is a "plug in and play" kind of player.
Higuain can get injured, not play for awhile, and he can still deliver instant impact. anyone remember when higuain came back from his last injury? he was scoring like nothing happened.

With Benzema however its different. The reason benzema needed to be guaranteed 90 mins is that he starts off terrible. with game time, he gets gradually better and better, until eventually he hits his rhythm, in which then he will be playing at his best. the more minutes he gets the more consistent he becomes. pretty damn lucky benz played as good as he did today. but key point, he needs to play games to get good and remain consistent. not the same as higuain who is fairly consistent game time or not. put it simply, benz gets no time benz plays awful. benz gets time and benz best forward on team.

I hope i explained it decently. Benz got screwed over by mourinho becuz of the 45 mins in preseason and lack of playing time currently. thats one of the reasons why benz is mad. that and u wud think 32 goals in one season wud give him some form of protection but... oh well.

Sid Lowe ‏@sidlowe
Aguero: If Madrid had been interested in me I'd be playing here. I had no choice but to join City.

AGUEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Nothing we didn't already know.

FootballFan

Aguero used to be great vs Barca for Atletico, so was Torres. Lucky they aren't there anymore. Now it's Falcao that worries me lol.

Overall fantastic first day of CL, hopefully Juve vs Chelsea is exciting too. Barca match should be entertaining and I expect a win and nothing less. Giovinco better get me some fantasy points cause Cazorla and Diaby failed me. Also, I had Isco and took him out. Fuuuuuuuuuu.

pulga

Banned
allow me to explain.
Benzema is a rhythm player. for comparison, Higuain is a "plug in and play" kind of player.
Higuain can get injured, not play for awhile, and he can still deliver instant impact. anyone remember when higuain came back from his last injury? he was scoring like nothing happened.

With Benzema however its different. The reason benzema needed to be guaranteed 90 mins is that he starts off terrible. with game time, he gets gradually better and better, until eventually he hits his rhythm, in which then he will be playing at his best. the more minutes he gets the more consistent he becomes. pretty damn lucky benz played as good as he did today. but key point, he needs to play games to get good and remain consistent. not the same as higuain who is fairly consistent game time or not. put it simply, benz gets no time benz plays awful. benz gets time and benz best forward on team.

I hope i explained it decently. Benz got screwed over by mourinho becuz of the 45 mins in preseason and lack of playing time currently. thats one of the reasons why benz is mad. that and u wud think 32 goals in one season wud give him some form of protection but... oh well.

Still a mighty childish reason to leave Real Madrid. He'll get game time, as long as he stops whining like a baby (if true)

Sid Lowe ‏@sidlowe
Aguero: If Madrid had been interested in me I'd be playing here. I had no choice but to join City.

AGUEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Nothing we didn't already know.

I thought Real and Atletico have a deal where they don't buy each other's players? Otherwise I'm sure Real would let Benzema leave and go after Falcao.

I thought Real and Atletico have a deal where they don't buy each other's players? Otherwise I'm sure Real would let Benzema leave and go Falcao.
Dunno but he said this.

Samuel ‏@ecanalla
Agüero in the mixed zone for Canal+: "I never said I wouldn't play for Real Madrid not to betray Atlético. That publication was false."

Turok_TTZ

NEWCASTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111

sorry mate but iirc he wants arsenal or psg. dunno why arsenal.

oh and ftr PSG actually was gonna trigger his release clause last summer transfer window. Only reason transfer didnt happen was becuz Benz said no becuz he thought his spot was his having just come off a 32 goal season. so for those wondering madrid wont be able stop him from leaving, no matter how hard they try. its not about money and it certainly isnt similar to cr7 being sad. but thats for another time.
this is my sadness. he is my favorite madrid player and he is planning on leaving my team...

Kyoufu

oh and ftr PSG actually was gonna trigger his release clause last summer transfer window. Only reason transfer didnt happen was becuz Benz said no becuz he thought his spot was his having just come off a 32 goal season. so for those wondering madrid wont be able stop him from leaving, no matter how hard they try. its not about money and it certainly isnt similar to cr7 being sad. but thats for another time.
this is my sadness. he is my favorite madrid player and he is planning on leaving my team...

Fuck him. Demba Ba is better anyway.

jtb

Banned

Would be awesome but it's never happening. Off to PSG it is...

Also, just saw that Opta stat saying that Ronaldo is only the fourth player to complete 50+ passes with 100% accuracy in a CL game since 04/05? That's pretty incredible; don't usually think of Ronaldo as a player with those kinds of build-up play skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom