• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Well, yours still gives me nightmares, so ... :p

I almost wish Conte would do something 'crazy' tonight, like start Isla instead of Lich.

82adba4c-23ce-4082-b808-59a5ce74510f.jpg
Pavel :( How you doing baby? :(

Zabo you didn't have to Photoshop captain merda with a blonde wig with Ciro Immobile around.

ciro_immobile.jpg

Zabojnik

Pavel :( How you doing baby? :(

Zabo you didn't have to Photoshop captain merda with a blonde wig with Ciro Immobile around.

ciro_immobile.jpg

Uncanny.

Immobile, ehhh ... We'll never learn, will we? We did the same stupid thing we did with Giovinco. Sold half to Genoa.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Despite Company's mistake, City lost the game before it even began with Mancini.

-

^Genoa, of all teams.

Clegg

I genuinely think Hart could have done better for Ronaldos goal. Yes, Kompanys defending was atrocious but The shot was so close to Harts body that he should have gotten more of the ball than he actually did.

Linius

I genuinely think Hart could have done better for Ronaldos goal. Yes, Kompanys defending was atrocious but The shot was so close to Harts body that he should have gotten more of the ball than he actually did.

Hart looked very poor with that goal. It was coming straight at him. And I really don't understand why nobody seems to be noticing that Marcelo was trying to score from distance the whole game. Before his goal he had like three dangerous shots at goal already and nobody seemed to care. Well, it payed off in the end.

Kenka

Yes, I hope Ajax can grab between 4 and 8 points in this group. More would be impossible but getting to the upper range is not exactly impossible. They need for that to defeat two of their opponents at home. I can see them beat City and Dortmund in Amsterdam.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Hart looked very poor with that goal. It was coming straight at him. And I really don't understand why nobody seems to be noticing that Marcelo was trying to score from distance the whole game. Before his goal he had like three dangerous shots at goal already and nobody seemed to care. Well, it payed off in the end.

City as a defensive unit were a shambles from start to finish. Maicon may as well not have been there, Kompany offered no protection to Hart, Clichy was letting balls get played straight across the face, nobody closed down shots on the edge of the box, it's pretty damning that of that back 4, Nastasic did the least wrong. There was no shape, no organisation and no real determination to challenge Madrid in the box.

Not the first time Mancini has fucked around with the defense and lost in Europe, didn't he play Kolo Toure against Bayern last season? I think he dicked around with the full-backs as well.

Linius

Yes, I hope Ajax can grab between 4 and 8 points in this group. More would be impossible but getting to the upper range is not exactly impossible. They need for that to defeat two of their opponents at home. I can see them beat City and Dortmund in Amsterdam.

I do think we can win against Dortmund. Don't know about Man. City. Haven't been following their team closely enough to make a judgement call on that. I just hope we can at least get in third position to make it to the finals in Amsterdam in the EL :p

dc89

Maicon should not have played - Zabaleta is twice the player of him.

I'd actually like to see Zaba on the left and Richards on the right for the home tie. Richards has put Ronaldo in his pocket before and he can do it again. :D

Wilbur

Banned
Maicon should not have played - Zabaleta is twice the player of him.

I'd actually like to see Zaba on the left and Richards on the right for the home tie. Richards has put Ronaldo in his pocket before and he can do it again. :D

Watching the highlights again, Zabaleta was awful last night

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Watching the highlights again, Zabaleta was awful last night

Yeah, he was crap but coming on against Madrid after 70 minutes on the bench, was always going to be difficult. Had he started I have no doubt he would have got to grips with Ronaldo better than Maicon, who offered nothing in defense or attack. I still don't understand why they bought him.

Wilbur

Banned
Got 6 out of 8 predictions right last night, boom. Only got the Milan and Malaga games wrong, If only I'd bet on it.

Might shove a quid accumulator on tonight, where's the list of tonight's games?

Anyone try out Mysterious Podcast?

Best thing since Skittles, man

Got 6 out of 8 predictions right last night, boom. Only got the Milan and Malaga games wrong, If only I'd bet on it.

Might shove a quid accumulator on tonight, where's the list of tonight's games?

Wait a bit and I'll post some tips

Kenka

Predictions:

Code:
[B]Shakhtar[/B]               3-0    Nordsjaelland
[B]Chelsea[/B]                1-0    Juventus
[B]Lille[/B]                  1-0    BATE Borisov
[B]Bayern München[/B]         2-0    Valencia CF
[B]Barcelona[/B]              5-1    Spartak Moscow
Celtic                 0-1    [B]Benfica[/B]
Manchester U.          1-2    [B]Galatasaray[/B]
[B]Braga [/B]                 1-0    Cluj

Clegg

Fuck that.

United will smash Galatasary.

They have fucking Eboue and Elmander in their side.

Theres something wrong terribly wrong with our squad if we don't win.

Wilbur

Banned

I'm out you butthole! I can always rely on friendly FootyGAF to do my work for me.

Sad thing is that Clegg and Viva will be along to agree with Kenka.

Fuck that.

2-0 to us I think. Shinji and Vidic to score.

Anyone try out Mysterious Podcast?

Best thing since Skittles, man

Wait a bit and I'll post some tips

Cheers lad.

Code:
[B]Shakhtar[/B]               3-0    Nordsjaelland
Chelsea                1-1    Juventus
[B]Lille[/B]                  2-1    BATE Borisov
[B]Bayern München[/B]         2-1    Valencia CF
[B]Barcelona[/B]              4-1    Spartak Moscow
Celtic                 1-1    Benfica
[B]Manchester U.[/B]          2-0    Galatasaray
[B]Braga [/B]                 1-0    Cluj

dc89

Fuck that.

You were meant to smash every team in your group last season too.

Okay. If we don't win tonight, I will legally get my middle name changed to Emmanuel Eboue on my expense.

Not enough. Carlitos Tevez or Samir Nasri. You pick.

Wilbur

Banned
Not enough. Carlitos Tevez or Samir Nasri. You pick.

I'd rather eat sand from the remains of Kyoufu's bottom

Just get his name and visage tattooed.

You look like you have good skin for tattooing.

I don't think I'd look good with a tattoo. There's something about not being a teenage girl, a black rapper or a white hairy fat biker that puts me off tattoos.

Wilbur

Banned
Turkish clubs usually fare not too bad in Old Trafford, no ? And I am in this mood actually.

I think the whole 'Welcome To Hell' palava may have an effect when we go there, but if we're not complacent we should put them away fairly well.

I think we drew 3-3 with Fenerbahce years ago at home (might have been away...). Played a weakened team after already qualifying and Tuncay scored a hat trick.

Kenka

You must be joking.

Joe Hart really is a good goalkeeper. I know it's hard to believe that the English eventually have their first good goalie since David Seaman but it is true. The day has come for Mother Britania to have a solid man between the posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom