• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.
hilarious that people think man u will smash gala. Man U have sucked the fattest frozen shits this season whilst gala has been solid. You're going to be suprised and shamed by your lack of understanding.

SHAMED. LIKE IN A BUKKAKE.

|OT5| SHAMED, LIKE IN A BUKKAKE

D_prOdigy

hilarious that people think man u will smash gala. Man U have sucked the fattest frozen shits this season whilst gala has been solid. You're going to be suprised and shamed by your lack of understanding.

SHAMED. LIKE IN A BUKKAKE.

jAl7jM7WCq1KY.jpg

We will lose

D_prOdigy

Turkish coursemate from uni is going. Bit jealous.

There were a load of G'tasaray fans piling up outside Burger King at Piccadilly this lunch-time. Very loud and in good cheer, though hopefully not in a set-fire-to-things sort of way.

sohois

Anyone watching the nex-gen game between Inter & Liverpool? I'm trying to watch but the stream is terrible.

Anyway, seems liverpool have an extremely youthful team out since many of the better players are with the Europa squad, so not like much will happen anyway.

Facism

Gold Member
Turkish coursemate from uni is going. Bit jealous.

There were a load of G'tasaray fans piling up outside Burger King at Piccadilly this lunch-time. Very loud and in good cheer, though hopefully not in a set-fire-to-things sort of way.

I wanted to go. Gala fans are awesome. Just don't wipe your arse with the flag or try to sexually harass teenage girls and you won't get stabbed. Would have kept my fenerbahce shirt int he wardrobe.

Grim1ock

Banned
So i just watched the highlights from last night's game since i was at work.

couple of things. city is a one man team. They are too dependent on yaya toure. Which is a bit pathetic consodering they have all these 'stars'

maicon. what a shithouse. why did mancini buy him? Which brings me to my next point.

Mancini is totally useless. I dont know what our italian gaf bros think of him but as long as city hold him as a manager, they havent got a cat's chance in hell in champions league. bank on it

As for my team, great win under the circumstances. Gervinho and podolski in the hourse tearing it up. diaby needs to man up. He plays like that on sunday and we will get slaughtered

Sheff Wed, Wolves & Leicester to win @ 13/1 Medium Stakes

Burton v York over 2.5, Sheff Wed v Huddersfield BTTS (Both teams to score), Leicester v Burnley over 2.5, Ipswich v Wolves BTTS @ 9/1 Medium Stakes

Chelsea, Lille, Bayern Munich, Man United & Benfica @ 9/1 Medium Stakes

Both teams to score bets

Man U V Galatasaray, Braga V Cluj & Leicester V Burnley @ Around 11/2 High Stakes

elseanio

To tell you the truth I am worried sick about this. I think United fans are going to let themselves down on the weekend, I really hope I am wrong and I'm really glad the club is actually taking the initiative by openly condemning fans and it's great Vidic will be involved with the presentations etc.

On Suarez/Evra - I hope they shake hands because otherwise it will just detract from the "occasion" but if either of them don't want to I really can't blame them. Suarez thinks Evra has lied and painted him as a racist, Evra think Suarez has racially abused him - if you're coming from either of those viewpoints I don't blame you if you don't want to shake the other guys hands.

Yep. It will only take a couple United "fans" to get something going, and as soon as its audible.. LFC "fans" will react. Might even start from LFC, with the chants last weekend being reported a lot in the media.

I'll be at the game anyway. Usually never hear anything like this at the back of the Kop.

Was close to buying a Galaxy S media player earlier, just to use as an mp3 player and to see if I could make use of smartphone capabilities. Decided against it when I read about the volume glitches and 3.3gb firmware

Salazar

I think Italian gaf bros regard Mancini with the kind of amused cynicism they hold for pretty much everything.

Good on Marcelo for continuing to shoot despite RonRon giving him grief about it, incidentally.

More debts than the Bundesliga ?

Are we pulling some joke here ?
I wouldn't be surprised. I think a couple of years back they were in over 500M Euro debt.

Bundesliga has very limited debt right?

I think part of Valencia's problems are due to the region as a whole though. The province itself is massively in debt so I assume the club is also feeling the pinch.

I wouldn't be surprised. I think a couple of years back they were in over 500M Euro debt.

I think part of Valencia's problems are due to the region as a whole though. The province itself is massively in debt so I assume the club is also feeling the pinch.

They've paid for a stadium which has been in a state of 'almost done' for about 4 years. Money leaving the club, no increased ticket sales to even start negating it.

fuenf

Of the top European leagues the Bundesliga has by far the best debt ratio. The clubs had a combined debt of 594m € in the summer of 2011 and a debt ratio of 39,8% (e.g. for every 100€ of revenue they owe 39,8€)

Debt ratios:

Primera Division 246%
Serie A 156%
Premier League 129%

3Sixty

I've gone

Barcelona-1.0 @ 1/4
Bayern Munich @ 4/11
Braga @ 1/2
Celtic/Benfia Draw @ 12/5
Juventus @ 11/5
Lille @ 4/9
Man Utd @ 3/10
Shakhtar Donetsk @ 2/9

Also a Eastern European random one.

Slavia Prague @ 7/10
FC Daugava @ 1/8
Skonto Riga @ 4/11
Flota Swinoujscie @ 4/9
Zawisza Bydgoszcz @ 4/11
Belenenses @ 17/10
Kaizer Chiefs @ 4/7
Sheff Wed @ 10/11
Racing Santander B @ 4/9
Mallorca B @ 7/10

Thinking of going the Wednesday/Wolves/Leicester treble too.

Of the top European leagues the Bundesliga has by far the best debt ratio. The clubs had a combined debt of 594m € in the summer of 2011 and a debt ratio of 39,8% (e.g. for every 100€ of revenue they owe 39,8€)

Debt ratios:

Primera Division 246%
Serie A 156%
Premier League 129%
La Liga :lol

Barca and RM are going to kill that league if changes aren't made soon.

qindarka

Banned
Not betting on Chelsea to beat Juve. Think that's a faux pas.

Correct. Juventus have to be heavy favorites here.

Isn't it be funny that the first time Chelsea are going to get knocked out in the group stage will be when they are defending the trophy?

qindarka

Banned
Dat anti-jinx.

Don't believe in jinxes. But I am of the view that it is better to be pessimistic and keep expectations low. Not to mention that excessive optimism, especially in the forms of predictions of victory, are likely to be thrown back in one's face upon defeat and the misery will be compounded by the memory of the previous optimism.

Kyoufu

Don't believe in jinxes. But I am of the view that it is better to be pessimistic and keep expectations low. Not to mention that excessive optimism, especially in the forms of predictions of victory, are likely to be thrown back in one's face upon defeat and the misery will be compounded by the memory of the previous optimism.

That's my approach too. I went in super pessimistic at the Everton game. Came out with a point!

I hate the UEFA, they accepted Gazprom as an official CL sponsor. That means blue and white Gazprom ads on the sideline. In the Westfalenstadion.

Watzke should sue them, they can do this shit in Gelsenkirchen but it's terrible to see that. Europa League please.

fuenf

I hate the UEFA, they accepted Gazprom as an official CL sponsor. That means blue and white Gazprom ads on the sideline. In the Westfalenstadion.

Watzke should sue them, they can do this shit in Gelsenkirchen but it's terrible to see that. Europa League please.

the fix is in! Schalke vs Chelsea CL final confirmed :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom