• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

spidye

99' cl final made me a huge bayern fan.

12' cl final made me lose all my faith in god

12' final is worse than willbury and kermit rolled into one

elsk

Banned
I want to see Bayern's lineup already
LLShC.gif

3Sixty

One of the teams in my acaa. Top of Polish 2nd division. 7 games 7 wins, at home vs team 2nd from bottom.

1-0 down at half time.

Football.

qindarka

Banned
Both 99 and 12 finals have been one of the greatest moments in football history.

Specially last one.

Soooooooooooogooooooood.gif

Say, I noticed Madrid fans seem to really dislike Bayern. Wonder why is that. It is only because they've met a lot in the CL over the last decade or so.

D_prOdigy

Truth be told, I don't mind Young. He makes naff decisions, but sometimes he's very good. I think we've got enough quality in the squad that he won't ever cause us to lose.

He gives it a go too, bless him.

Oh I know you're admiring the shape of his skull and want nothing more than to feel it with your own hands. I know I want to.

iRvmZ7TYRC8eW.gif

I can only imagine him saying "A BALLOON. A BIG FUCKING BALLOON. ROUND, LIKE THE THING YOU GUYS KICK. THAT'S WHAT MY HEAD IS LIKE. LIKE A FUCKING ROUND BALLOON"

Even though I know he probably isn't.

K1LLER7

Truth be told, I don't mind Young. He makes naff decisions, but sometimes he's very good. I think we've got enough quality in the squad that he won't ever cause us to lose.

He gives it a go too, bless him.
:lol

Yeah, I'm sure 1 of his finesse shots will go in.

Kyoufu

Supporting Real and Man United is like the biggest glory hunting combo of all time. Can't imagine that myself. Football would get boring winning that much.

Blablurn

people asked me if i cried. i said i almost cried after müllers goal cause it was fucking deserved....

after the last penality from drogba i turned off the tv, and sat there for 30 minutes. i'm happy i watched that game alone the other day. i was sooo freaking angry. my girlfriend didnt know how to react afterwards.

but really, i was sitting there for 30 minutes, thinking: how could that happen? i think the last think i did was writing something like "gratz to chelsea" on gaf.

it was a sad day :( even when i think about it today. i still have no idea how that could happend. never looked back at that game.

Supporting Real and Man United is like the biggest glory hunting combo of all time. Can't imagine that myself. Football would get boring winning that much.

I grew up in the 90s and started to care about football when Madrid won La Séptima. I was 10 years old.

I still remember it.

Plus, Eric Fucking Cantona.

qindarka

Banned
people asked me if i cried. i said i almost cried after müllers goal cause it was fucking deserved....

after the last penality from drogba i turned off the tv, and sat there for 30 minutes. i'm happy i watched that game alone the other day. i was sooo freaking angry. my girlfriend didnt know how to react afterwards.

but really, i was sitting there for 30 minutes, thinking: how could that happen? i think the last think i did was writing something like "gratz to chelsea" on gaf.

it was a sad day :( even when i think about it today. i still have no idea how that could happend. never looked back at that game.

I'm sorry about that. I was looking back at the CL final thread and your response after the match was very classy.

Tonight we truly climb out of purgatory.

Chelsea is not the team they used to be. They won the CL last year, but they are hardly the juggernaut of their domestic successes. Nevertheless, they have a lot of talent on the field that needs to be respected.

They'll be fast upfront. Really fast. A lot of pre-game previews have talked about us being a different, very defensive Italian side than the ones that the English media is used to shitting on. That's true. We play a different style than even a two years ago with no real holding DM player like Melo.

But if we win, we're going to win with our defense and midfield, not just because our strikers are average, but because we're going to have to find a way to neutralize the speed that Chelsea has. The easy way to do that is to unleash the engine that is Vidal and Marchisio on them. They'll be able to at least keep pace with the likes of Torres. And then as I think will have to be necessary is we hit them on the break with a Pirlo pass to Giovinco or Vucinic, or similarly try to get them to hold up play until we can get our possession game going.

Reason tells me to predict a tie, to be honest. Both sides are going to feel each other out a lot and we'll both dominate play at times. Chelsea will probably score first, taking advantage of our slow defence and we'll pull one back late. And we'll be happy with it. But my emotions are getting the better of me. Chelsea 1 - 2 Juventus (Mata; Vucinic/Marchisio)

Gambit

Agree with my fellow Bayern fans, CL 12 was much worse than 99.

I was in disbelief, and realised this chance will never come again. Even if they won it in the next couple years, they won't ever play the final at home again. Only to be the better team and still lose.

And I will forever and ever blame shitty Heynckes for it. Yes, many things went wrong, but they all could have been avoided if he kept Müller on for five more mins.

Anyway, looking forward to tonight. I will order PIZZA!

qindarka

Banned
Agree with my fellow Bayern fans, CL 12 was much worse than 99.

I was in disbelief, and realised this chance will never come again. Even if they won it in the next couple years, they won't ever play the final at home again. Only to be the better team and still lose.

And I will forever and ever blame shitty Heynckes for it. Yes, many things went wrong, but they all could have been avoided if he kept Müller on for five more mins.

Anyway, looking forward to tonight. I will order PIZZA!

Don't know how fair it is to blame Heynckes for the substitution just because Bayern conceded after it. Correlation doesn't imply causation. I really don't see that it made all that much difference to the equaliser.

Wes

venison crêpe
I can't wait for the Champions League fixtures to be over so we can begin the build up for the match of the month - Southampton v Villa.

elsk

Banned
Don't know how fair it is to blame Heynckes for the substitution just because Bayern conceded after it. Correlation doesn't imply causation. I really don't see that it made all that much difference to the equaliser.

Is not just about the substitution, that substitution changed like 5 players position on the field. We were playing like this:

Neuer
Lahm - Boateng - Tymo - Contento
Schweinsteiger - Kroos
Robben - Mueller - Ribéry
Gómez

(God, what an awful lineup)

And after the substitution:

Neuer
Lahm - DvB - Boateng - Contento
Tymo - Schweinsteiger
Robben - Kroos - Ribéry
Gómez