• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
If the issue is the ball breaking down in the final third then that's nothing to do with Dembele or Modric. It's because Defoe is generally shit outside the box.

He did OK today being surrounded by huge defenders, but Ade would have been perfect in this game. When you think we have BAE, Parker, Kaboul and Ade still to come back, we look just fine.

Hieberrr

Woah, I've seen that before with German movies, but never with Hollywood releases. Is that even against the law?? Some it (e.g. Enter The Void) is 3 months old :O

Thanks? lol

(I'll still leave out the link in case you wanna edit it - like a mod warns you or something)

I don't even know LOL. These things usually get taken down REALLY fast, but it's been there since June. I don't even think they care anymore (seeing as how it wasn't really Hollywood per se).

I edited it out just in case though.

lololol uefalona amirite

3838_423817124343875_743985323_n.jpg

All button passes lol

Arnie

I think our style will change slightly, for sure, it already has. But we have more than enough quality to beat most teams. A midfield three from:

Sandro/Parker....Dembele/Huddlestone
Sigurdsson/Dempsey

is still bang up there. Today we played a hyper defensive team and though we scored two goals, they came from set plays/crosses. That is something that rarely happened with our team of technically gifted midgets from last season, that's a good example of how our style has changed. Modric started against PAOK at WHL last season and we lost 2-1. Today we dominated possession, had Dembele and Dempsey ghosting past people and scored two goals. I didn't miss Modric one bit.
I think a team that actually tries to take a more commanding hold of the game will have more luck against this new style, as opposed to the old one centred around Modric. Power and height is good for beating a more defensive minded team, as you really should've done tonight had it not been for some baffling officiating, but when you were at your best last season you moved the ball so quickly and accurately, and it was difficult for the opposition to even get into the game.

I don't see that same ruthless efficiency with the ball from these players in this system, even if I have been massively impressed with your new signings on an individual level since they've come in.

It's also interesting how Bale's been very much restrained in how he's told to play in terms of roaming away from his position. Near your pomp last season he was everywhere, almost in a free attacking role, but now he swaps flanks in planned co-ordination and as a general rule sticks to the left side. AVB seems to really like using Lennon too.
If the issue is the ball breaking down in the final third then that's nothing to do with Dembele or Modric. It's because Defoe is generally shit outside the box.
True, but last season (when Defoe played) you also had VDV who's done a better job at patrolling the edge of the box than what I've seen so far from his replacements.

Really early days though, in two months you could be flying.

dc89

Dzeko will be gone by the end of the season. I wish he got more of a opportunity.

Sadly I think this too. 3 goals in 5 games though, damn he needs a shot at starting this weekend.

---

f1339439946.jpg

As I pointed out in the iOS6 Maps thread (with a different picture to the above) the Maps icon is asking you to take a left... off the bridge and on to the freeway.

Clegg

Lol, have you even watched him play?

Such a contradictory statement.

Happy B-day Mumei. Cool mod you are...

There is nothing contradictory with my statement.

He was poor at United but looks a better player with Everton.

But he'll never be great.

faridmon

There is nothing contradictory with my statement.

He was poor at United but looks a better player with Everton.

But he'll never be great.

He is a great player. Full stop. Its because of him we have maintained this great run. Fellaini is nothing if he wasn't there.

faridmon

There's a difference between being great for Everton and being great for a big team.

WTF? oh piss off, the gap between us and the other ''big'' teams isn't as high as you are implying considering we have beaten them all quite frequently.
But again, I am talking to a Liverpool fan...

Facism

Gold Member
just seen the Fener result and the substitutions.

fucking aykut kocaman. 4th game this season his substitutions and midgame tactical changes have thrown away a result.

[edit]AWWWWW YEAAAH MORE SEPTEMBER BIRTHDAY BREDREN AND I AM YOUR KING FOR I LAND ON THE CUSP OF AUTUMN.

Happy birthday!

Lazio is no doubt up there with terrible supporters.

WasZu.jpg

"Auschwitz, your town
The ovens, your homes"

Never seen that before.
Just as I started to lean towards them because of Klose.
Ugh, why did he have to go there :(

/you're welcome, Zabojnik. We need them in the Op too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom