• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

3Sixty

So, I wanted to watch a new drama serie that is still on the air. The thing was, I couldn't decide what to watch so I put five of them in some random picker generator and I'll go watch the one that gets to three first. Mad Men, Sons of Anarchy, Justified, The Newsroom and Suits went in and Suits came out on top.

Heard lots of good things about that show :D

Suits is fun easy watching. The Newsroom sucks. Mad Men can be abit of a slog but cool. Sons of Anarchy started to get abit too stupid for me. I watched the first season of Justified, it was ok.

Clegg

Re: Ganso

He's had a lot of injuries in the past few years which have curtailed his development. He's still a good player imo but questions have been asked about his commitment to the game as he's been criticised for for not trying hard enough. He's still young so he has plenty of time to get his career back on track.

I think Viva posted an article on him before. Can't find it now though.

Mastadon

Banned
Suits is fun easy watching. The Newsroom sucks. Mad Men can be abit of a slog but cool. Sons of Anarchy started to get abit too stupid for me. I watched the first season of Justified, it was ok.

The Newsroom really is wank. I was so ready to love it too :(

Linius

You sure have a lot of time on your hands, don't you? :p

And how is it that The Newsroom is having such high rates at imdb and the first two people to comment here hate it? :(

And yeah, IMDB is not that great and stuff, but sucky shows usually score sucky rates. Even there.

I think we should set up at Anfield the way we do when we play at Arsenal. 4-3-3 sit back and counter. Liverpool will probably dominate possession but it sideways and awful lot and they've been prone at the back so far this season.

Reckon that would give us the best chance of success but we'll need to be good on the ball when we get it.

jtb

Banned
Suits is a lot of fun. The Newsroom is simply awful in every way; Sorkin's gone off the deep end with that one.

Meier

Damn, you look like you're no older than 24.

Haha, thanks Fry. I do look young for my age.. this is both good and bad. My fiancee looks quite young too -- she is 32 now but looks like she's in her mid 20s.

Here is a pic of her with Rob Delaney (comedian, funny dude on Twitter) from a few weeks back.

255510_10102251929796483_1927730480_n.jpg

Clegg

I think we should set up at Anfield the way we do when we play at Arsenal. 4-3-3 sit back and counter. Liverpool will probably dominate possession but it sideways and awful lot and they've been prone at the back so far this season.

Reckon that would give us the best chance of success but we'll need to be good on the ball when we get it.
SAF will start Anderson just for shits and giggles.

Mumei

Can't wait until Carragher retires tbh

Would anyone miss Lazio of they imploded?

Happy birthday Mumei. How do you pronounce your name btw? I think of it as Moo-may

I pronounce it Mu-meye (U as in rude)

There is a hentai translator called Mumei so I'm guessing it's something Japanese

The former is correct. And yes; it just means "Anonymous" (or some variant (e.g. anonymity or unsigned or something) based on the kanji).

Meier

21ganso2-mc.jpg

So Ganso has left Santos apparently the 2nd lowest paid player at the club.

Fee of around £7-8m.

Wow, that's pretty crazy! He had mentioned he never wanted to play anywhere without Neymar since they had such a strong bond. Obviously that wasn't going to happen but still a surprise just the same. Nice price for Sao Paolo.. he'll be off to Europe at some point for triple that, easily. I wonder if PSG will snag him too if he and Lucas play well together?

Why didn't you sell Kolo Toure? He's like Lescott and Savic fused into one player.

We tried but he didn't want to move to Turkey and take a paycut (Gala wanted him and were willing to pay a Turkish league transfer record and come close to meeting his wage demands). I read he had a list of other demands though that they didn't want to meet (I feel like one was a chaffeur).

So, I wanted to watch a new drama serie that is still on the air. The thing was, I couldn't decide what to watch so I put five of them in some random picker generator and I'll go watch the one that gets to three first. Mad Men, Sons of Anarchy, Justified, The Newsroom and Suits went in and Suits came out on top.

Heard lots of good things about that show :D

Mad Men is quality. It really takes off when you start to care about the characters. For some people, that takes an entire season or two. And the writers truly understand how to reward their audience. But the show itself is fascinating to watch anyway. That extra dimension just cements its status.

Justified is consistent pleasure. The only adaptation of Elmore Leonard that captures the essence of his masterful knack for character and wit, although Jackie Brown comes close.

Sons lost me in S3. Newsroom is (often unintentionally) hilarious and addictive wordy screed mangled by sub-juvenile romance soap operatics - it's up there with Dexter for hate-watching entertainment. Suits is fun.

Linius

Mad Men is quality. It really takes off when you start to care about the characters. For some people, that takes an entire season or two. And the writers truly understand how to reward their audience. But the show itself is fascinating to watch anyway. That extra dimension just cements its status.

Justified is consistent pleasure. The only adaptation of Elmore Leonard that fully captures the essence of his masterful knack for character and wit, although Jackie Brown comes close.

Sons lost me in S3. Newsroom is (often unintentionally) hilarious and addictive wordy screed mangled by sub-juvenile romance soap operatics - it's up there with Dexter for hate-watching entertainment. Suits is fun.

I know that Dexter feel. I really hope the cliffhanger from season six gets the serie going again :p

Awesome :lol

Meier

Sons is a very good but not necessarily great show IMO. It has great moments, but there's a bit of inconsistency to it. I am trying to finish off Season 4 so I can get current with what's airing here in America (5 just started).

Pass it to Shinji in tight spaces and we should be fine on the counter. Despite our midfield being knifed like butter against Galatasary, I'm actually getting confident about our defence. And playing Scholes midweek was likely a sound move. Cleverley is more suited for the high-tempo game required at Anfield.

I do hope we start Nani and Valencia on the wings again. Nani has been incredibly frustrating to watch this season (even more than usual!) but he did create more chances against Gala than Valencia, especially when he got his act together after the penalty miss. He just needs to stop forcing things. And Valencia, even when he has a bad game, you know he's right around the corner from coming good. His style of play is simply too effective.

Best I could find.

[IM'G]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/11/Lana_Del_Rey_Seattle.jpg/220px-Lana_Del_Rey_Seattle.jpg[/IMG]

['IMG]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-UPRMphwGPvs/TvWZ3JjhPrI/AAAAAAAAglM/3D95z0_q39M/s1600/lana-del-rey.jpg[/IMG]

I really don't care much about her but that's a pretty unfair comparison when she's smiling in one of them and not the other, obviously that will make it look a lot less extreme.

Ie3x9.jpg

:lol

And I get grief about Kpop idols.

She looks like she's fucken melting.

3c95o.png

Yeah that is all I can bother responding.

Meier

Someone told me it was The Sopranos on motorbikes, but that pilot....
It was really bad imo, never tried another ep since.

I'd suggest giving it another go. FX makes excellent television shows. One of their best only managed 1 season due to poor ratings, but I can't recommend Terriers enough. One of the best shows in years.

Linius

I'd suggest giving it another go. FX makes excellent television shows. One of their best only managed 1 season due to poor ratings, but I can't recommend Terriers enough. One of the best shows in years.

More of the best shows only lasted one season. Like Firefly and Freaks and Geeks for example :(

Hixx

Sons is a very good but not necessarily great show IMO. It has great moments, but there's a bit of inconsistency to it. I am trying to finish off Season 4 so I can get current with what's airing here in America (5 just started).

Season 4 ended a bit naff but season 5 has started off very well imo. Apart from some very ropey acting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom