• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.
What makes it even more embarrassing for UEFA is that Michel Platini was in the directors box next to Levy. If the smug little twat doesn't bring the hammer down on Lazio then he should be ashamed of himself.

Well you know how it is, small fines for racism, big fines for everything else.

Asked on Thursday about the issue, he said the term match-fixing needs to be “better defined”.

He said: “If Swansea play the last game against a team and a third team pays Swansea to win the game, I really don’t see anything bad about that.”

But the Dane said today: “I am well aware that it is against the rules to accept or receive money to influence the outcome of a football match.

“I am in full support of these match-fixing rules and certainly do not advocate any payments of any kind.

“The point I was trying to make was that the term match-fixing needs to be defined because there are different levels.

“If two teams playing each other both needed a draw and the scores are level with 20 minutes to go, then I wouldn’t expect either team to throw men forward looking for the winner.

“That to me is not match-fixing.

“The worst case of match-fixing I heard was in Italy in the early 80s, before I went there, when three or four players were paid to lose a game.

“Can you imagine what the other players felt when they got to know about that after they went out to win.

“People like that should be banned for life, not a few years. They should be out of the game forever.

“The other point I was trying to make regarding defining the word match-fixing, and which was hypothetical and perhaps taken out of context in relation to the whole interview, was that if someone wanted to pay us to win, then fine, because we go out to win every game anyway. That’s what I meant by a bonus.”

Laudrup was asked about the issue because he played for Lazio and Juventus in the 1980s, and Italian football continues to be dogged by match-fixing claims.

As many as 13 Italian clubs — mainly from the second division — are under investigation.

Hixx

Code:
[B]360[/B]
Awesome
Slizz
Meus
Gareth Bale
Yenrot (GT: jackt27) 
hixxsafc (gt: jonftm73)
prematurejaculation

[B]PS3[/B]
Wes (PSN: Wes_lj)
Freewheelin' (PSN: deanibo)
TheWednesday (PSN: OneLove1867)

[B]PC[/B]
WoodenLung
prematurequiche

[b]Vita[/b]
prematurequiche

i added quiche 'cause I am a kind hearted soul

Linius

Well, myself and sneaky77 have both tried our hands at managing a league, and it is pretty difficult to do. Interest gets lost most of the time. We have never kept it exclusive to footyGAF, but that wouldn't be easy to do.

We have done tournaments successfully before though. The problem with leagues is that if someone has a bad start, they stop showing up.

Also, you're more than welcome to add me on xbox, GT is the same as my username.

I went away from the computer for dinner, so a late reaction. I'll definitely add you. Putting my GT out there as well: Don Randy.

I will suck in the beginning for skipping 12, but it will be fun :D

Code:
[B]360[/B]
Awesome
Slizz
Meus
Gareth Bale
prematurejaculation
dc31 (GT: St1ss)
Linius (GT: Don Randy)

[B]PS3[/B]

[B]PC[/B]
WoodenLung
prematurequiche

[b]Vita[/b]
prematurequiche

Code:
[B]360[/B]
Awesome
Slizz
Meus
Gareth Bale
prematurejaculation

[B]PS3[/B]

[B]PC[/B]
WoodenLung
prematurequiche

[b]Vita[/b]
prematurequiche

i added quiche 'cause I am a kind hearted soul

:lol cheers! I'm at a silly concert!

Quagliarella should start, 60min sub for Bendtner.

And I want to see a Marrone Pogba Giaccherini midfield. Not a lot of experience there but plenty of grit and precision. And against Chievo we aren't really in any danger of getting caught out defensively. They're slow as shit...

Meier

Now I finally know who abellwillring is on Twitter.

Haha, yeah, I have used that "persona" outside of GAF since around 2004. Meier didn't make sense to my real life friends so I mostly made it for AIM at the time but then I stuck with it. I think about the only thing I still use Meier in outside of GAF is last.fm. Every MMO I do make a character named Meier though (Meier was the name of my dwarf warrior on Everquest).

Fry

scaled.php

Eriksen looks awesome.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
scaled.php

Eriksen looks awesome.
Damn Llorente really let himself go waiting for Juve.

And I want to see a Marrone Pogba Giaccherini midfield. Not a lot of experience there but plenty of grit and precision. And against Chievo we aren't really in any danger of getting caught out defensively. They're slow as shit...

pellissier.jpg

We just have to score one more goal than Sergio-AntiJuve-Pellissier.

Linius

Code:
[B]360[/B]
Awesome
Slizz
Meus
Gareth Bale
prematurejaculation
3Sixty (GT:FreeSixTee)

[B]PS3[/B]

[B]PC[/B]
WoodenLung
prematurequiche

[b]Vita[/b]
prematurequiche

sneaky77

Code:
[B]360[/B]
Awesome
Slizz
Meus
Gareth Bale
prematurejaculation
sneaky77

[B]PS3[/B]

[B]PC[/B]
WoodenLung
prematurequiche

[b]Vita[/b]
prematurequiche

Zabojnik

Carerra:"If we decide to give Pirlo a rest, Pogba & Marrone are both players capable of stepping in & doing a good job”

Yeah, I'm not sure about that.

I think we've become far less Pirlo dependent than you might think. Having him as the playmaker is obviously a huge bonus, but I think we can afford to have Marrone/Pogba replace him against Chievo.

I love Conte. That guy may fix matches, but damn I can't hate him.

FORZA JUVE!

caceresbaciaconte.gif

Yep. I don't think we'll ever see a Marrone/Pogba/Giaccherini midfield though. Maaaaybe in Coppa Italia.

Linius

I don't understand why multiple band shows need fucking breaks. Now I have sit doing fuck all for 20 minutes! I hate getting dragged to stuff!

Prolly because the next band need to set up their equipment...? :p

Code:
[B]360[/B]
Awesome
Slizz
Meus
Gareth Bale
prematurejaculation
sneaky77
Messi (GT: proofplaya)

[B]PS3[/B]

[B]PC[/B]
WoodenLung
prematurequiche

[b]Vita[/b]
prematurequiche

Damn it footeygaf, you so lazy

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Code:
[B]360[/B]
Awesome
Slizz
Meus
Gareth Bale
prematurejaculation
sneaky77
Messi (GT: proofplaya)
AndresON777 (GT: AndresON777)

[B]PS3[/B]

[B]PC[/B]
WoodenLung
prematurequiche

[b]Vita[/b]
prematurequiche

360 but I have no mic atm. I guess I should pick one up cos the kinect one is useless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom