• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just remember that I have a third jersey.

Its from 1999 so its much too small for me now, but I still won't throw it away. I can't bear to part with it.

RIMG0044.JPG

Awesome. That made me think, I had the BVB CL winner's shirt from 1997 as a kid. Haven't seen it for years, I must ask my mother if it's still lying around somewhere. I guess not :(

LegoArmo

But then he'll be put on the wing. I don't like Welbeck as a winger.

It's not his best position but Ferguson loves a player who can do a job. Football is fluid anyway, he wouldn't stay out there, could cause a lack of width, but the left back, whoever it is, should create some.

Soi-Fong

United are awful at Anfield. Chicha likes to score there though. He should be used as a sub.

You never know lol. Kagawa could make the difference as well as Van Persie. Liverpool defense has been pretty bad and I expect Kagawa to be marked to hell, but hopefully United overall does well.

LegoArmo

De Gea, Rafael, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Carrick, Anderson, Kagawa, Welbeck, Van Persie, Valencia

That would be my 11 if I was manager.

fuenf

This Japanese guys, Inui, he is really good.

I wonder why Japanese players do so well in Germany.

I think it's a mentality thing, the Japanese players have most if not all the qualities a German coach is looking for and they seem to fit right into our culture (in general). Also most German teams arent signing South American talents any more, the cultural (and climatic) difference is simply too big to ignore and the transfer fees for South Americans have gone through the roof. I havent read about any Japanse having trouble adjusting to the German lifestyle so far, even Usami who failed at Bayern wanted to stay in the Bundesliga.

But it's probably this:

Nf5fQ.jpg

mGe7A.jpg

De Gea, Rafael, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Carrick, Anderson, Kagawa, Welbeck, Van Persie, Valencia

That would be my 11 if I was manager.
I think mines would be the same. Either Cleverley or Anderson - really not sure which. Cleverley offers composure but Anderson is a fat shit and can make life difficult for the opposition if he's having a decent day.

Kagawa is definitely playing.

Welbeck is also in I reckon, for the reasons Lego has said. Fergie does always pick a Manc in these traditional games.

Clegg

Evra will need to have a good game. Sterling is quick and direct, everything Evra hates in a winger.

However, I do think United may find some joy if Liverpool continue with the tactic of pushing their fullbacks further up the pitch. It could leave them open to some counterattacks.

ATF487

Just seen the first episode of Being Liverpool. Pretty cool insight. Brendan Rodgers says some proper pretentious stuff though, it's like his lines are scripted.

The whole show seems sort of scripted, and it's pitched like an advertisement. I hope there's more interesting stuff in later episodes.

There are shows here like 24/7 (Hockey) and Hard Knocks (American Football) that give a less biased presentation and I was hoping it would be more similar to those

Yen

The whole show seems sort of scripted, and it's pitched like an advertisement. I hope there's more interesting stuff in later episodes.

There are shows here like 24/7 (Hockey) and Hard Knocks (American Football) that give a less biased presentation and I was hoping it would be more similar to those

The club would not agree too anything sensational, it would be a PR disaster and would hardly endear the club to any potential new fans. IIRC, Hard Knocks featured a team who had a wifebeater.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
The club would not agree too anything sensational, it would be a PR disaster and would hardly endear the club to any potential new fans. IIRC, Hard Knocks featured a team who had a wifebeater.

lol yes and he was cut from the team. Tbf the only teams that agree to do hard knocks are the shitty ones because they're desperate for new fans and 'buzz'

Hixx

Swansea 1 Everton 1
Chelsea 2 Stoke 0
So'ton 2 Villa 2
West Brom 1 Reading 1
West Ham 1 Sunderland 0
Wigan 2 Fulham 0
Liverpool 2 Man United 1
Newcastle 2 Norwich 0
City 2 Arsenal 1
Spurs 3 QPR 1

K1LLER7

After watching the CL game, i'd rather we play Nani over Valencia if we had to pick one. Nani may have wasted chances but he created much more than Valencia, who found himself in tons of space countless times down the right, yet failed to deliver with quality.
Overall Nani did more than Valencia in the whole game IMO. Plus his link-up play with Kagawa was brilliant. He and Kagawa created most if not all of United's chances against Galatasaray.

In the middle, Carrick seems to hate to move forwards with the ball at his feet, yet is pretty good when he actually try's it. I'd play Ando ahead of Cleverly just with the hope that he has a good day and he tends to push forwards more which will benefit Kagawa.

After watching the CL game, i'd rather we play Nani over Valencia if we had to pick one. Nani may have wasted chances but he created much more than Valencia, who found himself in tons of space countless times down the right, yet failed to deliver with quality.
Overall Nani did more than Valencia in the whole game IMO. Plus his link-up play with Kagawa was brilliant. He and Kagawa created most if not all of United's chances against Galatasaray.

That's how I feel as well. I'd start the same team except with Cleverley in place of Scholes and Buttner instead of Evra.

Messi

I am now awake 45 hours with no sleep and I get home ready to flop into bed, but I seem to have left my house keys and wallet in work. Fantastic. Locked out :/ and it's cold out.

I am now awake 45 hours with no sleep and I get home ready to flop into bed, but I seem to have left my house keys and wallet in work. Fantastic. Locked out :/ and it's cold out.

That sucks. I'm in a train station waiting for my 1:05 train. I take back what I said about that concert as Elton John isn't too bad. James Morrison was wank though!

K1LLER7

At what time? In Scotland it was about 90+ minutes ago but there's been reports all over the country.

around 12. Was outside talking to a couple of mates and just saw it going through the sky. Thought it was a helicpoter at first but it definitely wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom