• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Torres deserves all the flak he gets tbh.

RDM deserves some stick for not playing Sturridge centrally as well. If Torres hadn't cost £50m he would have been out the door ages ago. The Mourinho/Shevchenko and AVB/Lampard fiascoes are obviously preying on the managers mind. I don't see any reason other than his transfer fee, for Torres to be starting for Chelsea.

You'd expect most strikers to score the goals that Torres has scored this season, bar the Newcastle one.

He still looks as frustrated and out of sorts as he did last season. And he still isn't playing well imo.

I agree. He doesn't look threatening at all. I wouldn't be surprised if he moved on next year because I can see him doing much better in Spain

RDM deserves some stick for not playing Sturridge centrally as well. If Torres hadn't cost £50m he would have been out the door ages ago. The Mourinho/Shevchenko and AVB/Lampard fiascoes are obviously preying on the managers mind. I don't see any reason other than his transfer fee, for Torres to be starting for Chelsea.

Well said. Although what is this Lampard/AVB stuff you mention of?

Linius

Haha, one FIFA head cracked me up.

Siem de Jong

OqQXt.jpg

vaRNd.jpg

:lol

qindarka

Banned
Well said. Although what is this Lampard/AVB stuff you mention of?

There is the common narrative in the media that poor AVB was cruelly forced out of Chelsea after falling out with senior players such as Lampard, whom he often benched in favor of Raul Meireles. People like to point the finger at Terry and Cole as well despite them being maistays in AVB's starting XI.

Not saying that the 'old guard' were completely faultless but AVB did a marvelous job of alienating not-so-senior players as well. Take Lukaku for example, of all of Chelsea's players, he is the one who has the harshest words for AVB.

Salazar

It's simplistic. Just because people don't like them doesn't mean they are responsible .

It's not just dislike. It's discernment of a pattern of hilariously egotistical behaviour.

I don't think AVB should escape blame for the mess - nor Abramovich - but it's fairly sensible to pin quite a bit of responsibility on senior players who are lethally self-obsessed pillocks, with the decision-making nous and social awareness of a drunken infant, who infamously despise being told what to do.

JT actually has a literal, full-blown fetish for armbands. He goes slightly beyond the dysfunction that comes almost naturally with being a pro.

Ushojax

There is the common narrative in the media that poor AVB was cruelly forced out of Chelsea after falling out with senior players such as Lampard, whom he often benched in favor of Raul Meireles. People like to point the finger at Terry and Cole as well despite them being maistays in AVB's starting XI.

Not saying that the 'old guard' were completely faultless but AVB did a marvelous job of alienating not-so-senior players as well. Take Lukaku for example, of all of Chelsea's players, he is the one who has the harshest words for AVB.

AVBs man-management at Chelsea was utter dogshit, no doubt about that. He was told to change the style of football but that squad of players was simply not able to change. It was a suicide mission right from the start, he obviously knew the players were in control and tried to fight their egos by ruling with an iron fist but it was never going to work. Obviously Abramovic didn't support his manager enough and was forced into another embarrassing knee-jerk but there was no other way. AVB, at his age and with the fact that he was a lowly scout for Chelsea just a few years ago, could never get the players behind him.

Prema, you can add me (and Yurt) to the PC section.

Code:
[B]360[/B]
Awesome
Slizz
Meus
Gareth Bale
Yenrot (GT: jackt27) 
hixxsafc (gt: jonftm73)
PrematureQuiche

[B]PS3[/B]
Wes (PSN: Wes_lj)
Freewheelin' (PSN: deanibo)
TheWednesday (PSN: OneLove1867)

[B]PC[/B]
WoodenLung
PrematureQuiche
Yurt
Zabojnik

[b]Vita[/b]
PrematureQuiche

Only just seen this! Just woken up :D

PrematureQuiche - keeping Vita afloat single-handedly.

You not getting it
iq7IlKyLurkwJ.gif
? Anyone with a Vita should buy Virtua Tennis 4. I was playing it on the way home on the train and I really like it.

Arnie

Heading down to Hillsborough in a bit in some semi-smart clobber for a job interview, and then they've invited me to watch the match afterwards. Should be a decent afternoon. My mate's also been invited and he's an Everton fan so he's a bit gutted about missing the Swansea game.

qindarka

Banned
It's not just dislike. It's discernment of a pattern of hilariously egotistical behaviour.

I don't think AVB should escape blame for the mess - nor Abramovich - but it's fairly sensible to pin quite a bit of responsibility on senior players who are lethally self-obsessed pillocks, with the decision-making nous and social awareness of a drunken infant, who infamously despise being told what to do.

JT actually has a literal, full-blown fetish for armbands. He goes slightly beyond the dysfunction that comes almost naturally with being a pro.

I know their off field activities may paint them in an unflattering light but players such as Terry and Cole have always been thoroughly professional on the field, JT's red card at Barca being a rare blip. Forgive me if I am not so quick to assign blame to them, especially when there is little actual information on what exactly happened during AVB's tenure with only speculation being abound.

Ushojax

Not really any exciting matches today. Think I'll just watch MotD for all the highlights.

Swansea V Everton is probably the pick of today's games. Chelsea v Stoke might be worth a watch, Hazard could probably win about 10 penalties against their defense today.

Wes

venison crêpe
Do the Soccer Saturday producers ever list on twitter or somewhere the order in which they discuss the upcoming games during the program? I know MotD do this.

Heading down to Hillsborough in a bit in some semi-smart clobber for a job interview, and then they've invited me to watch the match afterwards. Should be a decent afternoon. My mate's also been invited and he's an Everton fan so he's a bit gutted about missing the Swansea game.

Good luck mate!

Arnie

Ta lads.

Don't know if anyone was watching Soccer Saturday but Merson said Baines is the best left back in the world. Fucking hilarious.

I'm a big fan of Baines, think he's the best left back in the country, but that's going too far.

bud23

I agree. FIFA is good, but PES is more fluid in my opinion. FIFA goals are too similar.

Yes,Fifa is not a bad game,but honestly is not as addictive and funny as PES,is not and never was for me. PES has that magic,you know,I can play 200 matches and always find new things,new ways to attack,defend or make goal.

In PES you can be creative, when I play Fifa I always feel a sensation of limitation,
a game scripted and for me it is not a good thing at all.

Prema can I be added to it as well? I got a PS3 and my PSN is TheIronist

Code:
[B]360[/B]
Awesome
Slizz
Meus
Gareth Bale
PrematureQuiche

[B]PS3[/B]
Anderson (PSN: TheIronist)

[B]PC[/B]
WoodenLung
PrematureQuiche
Yurt
Zabojnik

[b]Vita[/b]
PrematureQuiche

Done!

Linius

Code:
[B]360[/B]
Awesome
Slizz
Meus
Gareth Bale
PrematureQuiche
dc31 (GT: St1ss)
Linius (GT: Don Randy)
3Sixty (GT:FreeSixTee)
sneaky77
Messi (GT: proofplaya)
AndresON777 (GT: AndresON777)

[B]PS3[/B]

[B]PC[/B]
WoodenLung
PrematureQuiche
Yurt
Zabojnik

[b]Vita[/b]
PrematureQuiche

This is the right one folks. I think everybody that posted so far is on it.

Yen

I sent a few of you requests on XBL yesterday, in case you were wondering who the random guy is. Will buy Gold today.

Going to phone shop today. Probably SII (not the SIII, I'm not made of money!)

Code:
[B]360[/B]
Awesome
Slizz
Meus
Gareth Bale
PrematureQuiche
sneaky77

[B]PS3[/B]

[B]PC[/B]
WoodenLung
PrematureQuiche
Yurt
Zabojnik

[b]Vita[/b]
PrematureQuiche

That was my fault sorry! I think I grabbed the wrong one last night :lol

Linius

I sent a few of you requests on XBL yesterday, in case you were wondering who the random guy is. Will buy Gold today.

I looked it up in here, accepted you :D

Also people, I might be down for a game of FIFA 11 if anybody wants to play later this afternoon or tonight? (European timezone that is of course).

Hey Kyoufu. We're bumming you're u-18's. 5-0 at HT.

TAKE IT!

Ta lads.

Don't know if anyone was watching Soccer Saturday but Merson said Baines is the best left back in the world. Fucking hilarious.

I'm a big fan of Baines, think he's the best left back in the country, but that's going too far.
Soccer Saturday generally is 3 hours of bollocks. I absolutely love Mers though - he cracks me up. "Different gravy."

qindarka

Banned
Code:
[B]360[/B]
Awesome
Slizz
Meus
Gareth Bale
PrematureQuiche
sneaky77

[B]PS3[/B]

[B]PC[/B]
WoodenLung
PrematureQuiche
Yurt
Zabojnik

[b]Vita[/b]
PrematureQuiche

Is that list for PES or FIFA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom