• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizz

Berbasex look good in the Fulham game? They are replaying it now, wondering if its worth watching.

EDIT: VIVA you watching Jones vs. Belfort tonight?

EDIT: VIVA you watching Jones vs. Belfort tonight?
If I can stay up!

Got a packed day tmrw, F1, football, maybe a bit of cricket and then NFL into the early hours.

Might set my alarm for 4.30am and try and get up just for the main event. Hope Belfort knocks Jones out COLD.

Fergie

Banned
How does that work?

Console guys where have you ordered FIFA from? I'm hoping there's some sort of super market deals
Have to buy a EA SPORTS Season Ticket, basically gives you early access to many of EAs sport titles before the release and other benefits.

I pre-ordered my copy from GAME UK.

Kyoufu

i60RG.png

:lol

Slizz

If I can stay up!

Got a packed day tmrw, F1, football, maybe a bit of cricket and then NFL into the early hours.

Might set my alarm for 4.30am and try and get up just for the main event. Hope Belfort knocks Jones out COLD.

1 in a million that happens, but you never know. Really wish he was fighting Hendo instead for some reason I feel it'd be 1 in 999,999 if Hendo was fighting....

You can't say that Stoke didn't deserve a tie off this game. They contained you guys well while also giving you guys limited space and Stoke had some pretty good chances of their own.

I'm not saying Stoke deserved a win, but at most a tie would have been fairer.

Stoke did well in marking Oscar and Hazard.

Hell, Torres was doing horribly and it had to be a FB charging in forward to cover for your striker's complete incompetence.
If your feeling is that the game was well balanced and struck down the middle, then it makes no sense to say that the team who scored the deciding goal didn't deserve to win.

Deserve is such a stupid term in football. The team who score the most goals deserve to win. Out scoring the opponent is the sole aim of the sport after all.

Edit:

jbelenPeUI5Kxd.png

There's not a stat in Stokes favor. I agree they done well, but this idea that one team doesn't deserve to win is absurd.

:(

Damn you.

Just for this weekend. Villa have been pretty poor so far, I've been impressed by lambert, and you never know when Stoke will keep a world class/almost world class player quiet, so that ruled Hazard out

Shame Etherington's getting more and more injury prone, was always good for the odd goal or assist for fuck all expenditure

Still got 7 left to play as well, hopefully I can start inching up the table

Meier

Just turned on my PC and saw the Soton-Villa score. Whoever made it was so close with their 4-0 prediction last night!

Crap, forgot to put in Berbatov on my fantasy team this week! :(

dc89

No one embedded my image! So no one won the MCFC goody bag I was going to give to the lucky individual who carried out my request.

---

"After a month, I'm all pumped up to return to the pitch tomorrow. Major Premier League match to play. C'mon, City!!"

Kun Aguero is ready. His body is ready.

1 in a million that happens, but you never know. Really wish he was fighting Hendo instead for some reason I feel it'd be 1 in 999,999 if Hendo was fighting....
Unlikely but I live in hope.

Tbh the last few cards have generally been disappointing. I feel like Dana needs to get shit on lock. So many awesome fights have fallen through.

If your feeling is that the game was well balanced and struck down the middle, then it makes no sense to say that the team who scored the deciding goal didn't deserve to win.

Deserve is such a stupid term in football. The team who score the most goals deserve to win. Out scoring the opponent is the sole aim of the sport after all.

Edit:

jbelenPeUI5Kxd.png

There's not a stat in Stokes favor. I agree they done well, but this idea that one team doesn't deserve to win is absurd.
I agree with you in general but I don't think it's true that the team which wins deserves to win. Depends how loosely/strictly you want to push "deserve" but there are cases when a side clearly should have won but they just got bad luck or whatever.

Today wasn't one of those days though, Stoke didn't do enough. Chelsea earnt the win fair and square.

Just for this weekend. Villa have been pretty poor so far, I've been impressed by lambert, and you never know when Stoke will keep a world class/almost world class player quiet, so that ruled Hazard out

Shame Etherington's getting more and more injury prone, was always good for the odd goal or assist for fuck all expenditure
Bale is my captain, come on Bungie!

I need to find some value. My midfielders are all 6.5m at least. Cheapest striker is 7m. Adam was glorious in that year at Blackpool, 5m or something and he got loads of points.

Soi-Fong

Edit:

jbelenPeUI5Kxd.png

Chelsea did well to get the goal and Mata's assist was superb, but for 85 min Stoke kept Chelsea at bay, and that's enough for me to say that Stoke did deserve a tie from this game.

And as for stats, I'd really not look at them and just focus on the game itself. Barcelona v Chelsea says a lot about how much stats matter.

Meier

Of course Lambert gets 2 goals this week after I dropped him in favor of Berbatov (who I of course forgot to play). Doh!

Schalke will definitely have a shot at second place, Hannover won't be far behind either, maybe a surprise team too. Dortmund will have to fight for a CL spot.
So Bayern is already champion for you or what? Because Hannover and Schlake surely won't play for the title.

More like Bayern being terrible in the second half of the season.

Dortmund spent 25.650.000 € on players.
Bayern 70.300.000 €, but 40M just for Javi Martínez.

Terrible? 37 points in the first, 36 in the second. By that definition, the whole season was terrible.

Yeah, the difference being that we had to replace 2 important players and got about that amount for those two, while Bayern only got rid of shit players.

I agree with you in general but I don't think it's true that the team which wins deserves to win. Depends how loosely/strictly you want to push "deserve" but there are cases when a side clearly should have won but they just got bad luck or whatever.

Today wasn't one of those days though, Stoke didn't do enough. Chelsea earnt the win fair and square.
Agreed. But I was specifically relating to today's game. Were there was much of a balance, with edge in our favor.

Chelsea did well to get the goal and Mata's assist was superb, but for 85 min Stoke kept Chelsea at bay, and that's enough for me to say that Stoke did deserve a tie from this game.

And as for stats, I'd really not look at them and just focus on the game itself. Barcelona v Chelsea says a lot about how much stats matter.
I'm quoting stats having just watched the game. I'm using the two in tandem and not resting all my point on the stats. The game, as watched, was fairly split down the middle. We had our moments and Stoke had theirs. In the end it came down to a single goal. Which we scored, thus, we deserve the win. End of story.

The stats were simply to give a clear look at the game we just watched, and on the balance, we deserved to win.

Fuck =(

lol

Did you see Reus? He looks badass. (Fifa 13)

Yeah, he looks great. Wish they would do it with the whole team. Most of them look like shit and even some scanned players look strange. Bender still has the strange red-ish hair and Kuba the long hair from like two years ago.

Four straight defeats :(

Milan should give Dave Jones another 8 games and if he fails to win 5 of them he should pull the trigger.

Bothroyd is a lazy bag of shite that needs sending back to QPR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom