• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Unit

Yeah nice goal by xavi, still would sell to milan. Xavi would shine there.

As far as defensive teams, I can't stand them. And 9 defenders is horrible to the sport

A bit of a pallid complexion Wibury's sporting there. Looks like he's just recently been raised from the ground.

:lol

jPdsGggTObJrJ.jpg

Meier

We found our new Falcão!

Porto 1 - 0 Beira Mar ( Jackson Martinez )

http://www.abload.de/img/1finalxgb0n.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/2finalxabk6.gif[IMG]

And who made that awesome pass? James Rodrigez obiously.[/QUOTE]

My god this goal is amazing.

[quote="SunhiLegend, post: 42430079"]Xavi! you glorious motherfucker!

[IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/untitled-4s5s3k.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Stunning as well.

subtles

RAWK is down.

It begins.

Incidentally, I have no fucking idea whatsoever what muppets expect Giggs to offer in CM.

It has nothing to do with what Giggs has to offer in CM, but what the team can do collectively by pressing and playing on the counter. With Liverpool as they are now unfortunately, lacking the patience and imagination in the final third, any misplaced ball plays to United's strength. Unfortunately, misplaced balls is all we've been seeing so far. Add in Van Persie who scored both goals in a match we dominated against Arsenal in March and United are very capable of taking something from this game.

Salazar

It has nothing to do with what Giggs has to offer in CM, but what the team can do collectively by pressing and playing on the counter. With Liverpool as they are now unfortunately, lacking the patience and imagination in the final third, any misplaced ball plays to United's strength. Unfortunately, misplaced balls is all we've been seeing so far. Add in Van Persie who scored both goals in a match we dominated against Arsenal in March and United are very capable of taking something from this game.

I'm fairly confident. I just think ClevGod between defence and midfield, and Kagawa between midfield and RVP are our best options for both holding and advancing the ball - without going wide quite so early or often.

Whatever apprehensions folks have about a ClevGod-Carrick pair, it makes much, much more sense than Giggs. Or a genuinely fatigued (because he must be, let's face it) Scholes. Anderson in CM over Giggs every day of the week.

EMq6Z.gif

Soi-Fong

I'm fairly confident. I just think ClevGod between defence and midfield, and Kagawa between midfield and RVP are our best options for both holding and advancing the ball - without going wide quite so early or often.

Whatever apprehensions folks have about a ClevGod-Carrick pair, it makes much, much more sense than Giggs. Or a genuinely fatigued (because he must be, let's face it) Scholes. Anderson in CM over Giggs every day of the week.

I kinda want to see Anderson just because I know he won't try to play it out to the wings immediately. The minutes he's had this season he's actually tried to play it through the middle which we should be doing more often.

Facism

everytime i burp i can taste beef chicken and prawns. literal bukkake of chinese food.5 of us polished off 8 starters an 10 mains. going to be shitting bricks for a week.

Soi-Fong

EMq6Z.gif

lol Obsessed with the Nadeshiko Japan girl huh? haha

DominoKid

it's sad to me that cr7 will be remembered more as a madrid player than a man utd player.

as far as liverpool?
lets just say i've woken up at 8:30am for games at Anfield, and they rarely go well...
i think i'll wake up at halftime.

subtles

I have to agree here, Carrick is underrated and is perhaps England's best holding midfielder at present, and Cleverly is very good technically and has the energy required to press over a long period of time. Together with Kagawa in front of them in a 4-2-3-1 would, in my opinion, be the best option for United. I was in no way advocating starting Giggs in midfield, but referring to my opinion that him being there doesn't automatically mean Liverpool can control the match. I have no idea which wingers Ferguson will start at the moment, but Valencia looked very bright from the little bit of the Galatasaray match I saw.

Also, I feel very sorry for Chicharito, whatever happened?

Soi-Fong

Anybody know any good boots for indoor football. Friend wants me to play with him and and a few others at my uni, but don't really know where to start with indoor boots?

I have to agree here, Carrick is underrated and is perhaps England's best holding midfielder at present, and Cleverly is very good technically and has the energy required to press over a long period of time. Together with Kagawa in front of them in a 4-2-3-1 would, in my opinion, be the best option for United. I was in no way advocating starting Giggs in midfield, but referring to my opinion that him being there doesn't automatically mean Liverpool can control the match. I have no idea which wingers Ferguson will start at the moment, but Valencia looked very bright from the little bit of the Galatasaray match I saw.

Also, I feel very sorry for Chicharito, whatever happened?

Nani created the most though in that game and loved the interplay between him and Kagawa.

Really want to see though some of that one-two passing between Kagawa and RVP.

Lightning

Banned
So, where will Walcott be playing after January since Wenger is clearly phasing him out and delivering a sign or you're hardly play ultimatum?

sohois

Man, fuck hangovers. And still so long until the Liverpool-Utd match, back when i was in uni I could wake up and it would be match time, now I've got to lumber around until 8 in the evening, feels bad man.

On the plus side, Mcdonalds delivery sure makes things easier.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
looking forward to utd and liverpool today. I should probably take a nap now

-thx Salazar

god damn Louisa is a great footballer, cute, hot, and sexy

damn

DominoKid

Man, fuck hangovers. And still so long until the Liverpool-Utd match, back when i was in uni I could wake up and it would be match time, now I've got to lumber around until 8 in the evening, feels bad man.

On the plus side, Mcdonalds delivery sure makes things easier.

wow it'd be nice if they did that here in the USA. i live like a block away from one. they could walk it to my house lol.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
How do you guys think Conte will manage Pirlo this week? Now that he's been resting for a week, I have a feeling he'll start against Fiorentina, Roma and Shakthar. Conte is crazy (for Pirlo) like that.

It makes more sense to:
25-09-2012 Fiorentina vs Juventus
29-09-2012 Juventus vs Roma
02-10-2012 Juventus vs Shakhtar Donetsk

But I need him to save my birthday, surely Conte must understand.

subtles

If he plays, you guys should watch Assaidi closely. Nicknamed the Ferrari, he is very quick and has good technique. I can see him and Sterling causing problems for Fabio and Evra, especially with the latter out of form recently. Kagawa will perhaps flourish today as we seem to have trouble keeping the defense high up the pitch and Kagawa will probably enjoy working in the space between the lines. I sincerely hope that one shot - one goal Reina doesn't cost us the game today, and look forward to what should be a very emotional and exciting game.

Charles

It makes more sense to:
25-09-2012 Fiorentina vs Juventus
29-09-2012 Juventus vs Roma
02-10-2012 Juventus vs Shakhtar Donetsk

But I need him to save my birthday, surely Conte must understand.

You thin, he's going to rest him against Roma?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom