• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

sohois

Be a Pro mode was really frustrating in the previous 2 PES games, perhaps they've made some improvement this year, there was lots of little things to be fixed. I seem to remember that for some reason, you would have to sit through matches where you were on the bench. You could speed them up a bit, but it was still about 5 minutes watching the AI play. Speaking of the AI, it was generally fucking stupid, as that gif demonstrated. Very, very annoying sometimes.

SubtleCloud said:
If he plays, you guys should watch Assaidi closely. Nicknamed the Ferrari, he is very quick and has good technique. I can see him and Sterling causing problems for Fabio and Evra, especially with the latter out of form recently. Kagawa will perhaps flourish today as we seem to have trouble keeping the defense high up the pitch and Kagawa will probably enjoy working in the space between the lines. I sincerely hope that one shot - one goal Reina doesn't cost us the game today, and look forward to what should be a very emotional and exciting game.

I wouldn't expect Assaidi to start, it will be Suarez, Borini, Stirling front three most probably. Still, him coming off the bench late in the game could cause some real trouble for Utd, certainly more-so than Downing.

DominoKid said:
wow it'd be nice if they did that here in the USA. i live like a block away from one. they could walk it to my house lol.

Yeah, it's pretty sweet, though the cost is high considering how close I am to the nearest mcdonalds. - 7 kuai(equiv. 70p).

subtles

I doubt it, but we probably should. Three games in 8 days might be too much on Pirlo.

I still can't believe Pirlo was "surplus" to requirements at Milan. Brilliant player, and his type can go on to play a few more seasons yet. Gary McAllister signed for Liverpool at the age of 35 and was absolutely brilliant for the short while he played for us. It makes me very sad that we sold Xabi Alonso, one of my favorite players, in similar circumstances. (I rage at Gareth Barry to this day)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
What a week for him!

3d6a4f54-ea85-46b6-b901-00a251fa68c4.jpg

:lol :lol
41e013b2-b2cc-4bb9-bf23-850c8e87edf4.jpg

I still can't believe Pirlo was "surplus" to requirements at Milan. Brilliant player, and his type can go on to play a few more seasons yet. Gary McAllister signed for Liverpool at the age of 35 and was absolutely brilliant for the short while he played for us. It makes me very sad that we sold Xabi Alonso, one of my favorite players, in similar circumstances. (I rage at Gareth Barry to this day)

And now they're desperately trying to replace him, funny how that works. :/

Pfft, everyone knows English teams beat Italian teams, Italian teams beat German teams, German teams beat Spanish teams, and Spanish teams beat English teams.

I never knew PES' "Be a Player" mode was so deep, should probably pick the game up for that alone...

It isn't much deeper than the fifa counter part really, although it seems a lot more customizable. Afraid the press has found a nickname more suited for Wilburys playstyle now.

Hattrick against AZ and now refusing to sign a new contract as there's interest from bigger clubs.

iyc8CuqW6iNGs.gif

inBip57nWEI4E.gif

ibksFXYDUmF7ds.gif

#TheHeroPESdeserves

MPW

Wilbury now plays for Breda and he scored in his debut and would have scored to 2-1 if it wasn't for this fucking clown of a forward partner.

iil49jq60d7S4.gif

bwhahaha

pool vs man utd @ 8:30am ... looks like i'll just have to catch highlights cause no way in hell i'm waking up that early on a sunday

Pahaha. This is brilliant, just don't make him sign for City, I couldn't carry on with life if that happened.

Hahah that is what I was hoping to do. Not sure if they want to the white Balotelli though, he got 3 red cards and it isn't even January yet.

How many posts do you reckn there'll be between say, midday and midnight?

Well there is a Copenhagen game so people will be excited.

Hmm....

I say the thread will be 1500 posts longer by midnight tonight.

I think we'll be onto the next thread by midnight, especially if some shit goes down in the Liverpool-Man Utd game

Wooden, do you ever play online? If I bought the new PES, could I play against Wilbury?

snoopen

Fuck manchester city.

And fuck late games, 1am local time for us to play.. thinking i'll just record and wake up at 6am and pretend it's live, much more manageable hour of day.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
watching barça and granada again and this scrub named lopez was all up in lios grill. I just hope lio had a bad day and theres no tension with villa.

but, if there is falcao and messi are already friends and we understant how salty dat argentine vag is! <3

Okay I'm up.

This is the one. For some proper weird reason I have woken up confident expecting all 3 points.

I wish we had Park for today :( PARK PARK wherever you may be!

Lightning

Banned
Arsenal are playing at 3am. Damn it.

It's only 9:45pm so I have a while to wait and Im already tired so I don't think I will be watching us play unless I sleep now and set my alarm.

Oh and Vermaelen may be out with the flu. Fuck sake.

WJD

Not looking forward to this. Don't remember the last time we played well at Anfield and judging by the season so far, I don't expect much different. Hopefully Shinji plays and gives us that little something different.

I'd take a point.

Lightning

Banned
Not looking forward to this. Don't remember the last time we played well at Anfield and judging by the season so far, I don't expect much different. Hopefully Shinji plays and gives us that little something different.

I'd take a point.
Need not worry. You'll get an RVP godly goal like we did last season to win.

Yen

If he plays, you guys should watch Assaidi closely. Nicknamed the Ferrari, he is very quick and has good technique. I can see him and Sterling causing problems for Fabio and Evra, especially with the latter out of form recently. Kagawa will perhaps flourish today as we seem to have trouble keeping the defense high up the pitch and Kagawa will probably enjoy working in the space between the lines. I sincerely hope that one shot - one goal Reina doesn't cost us the game today, and look forward to what should be a very emotional and exciting game.

Looked promising against Young Boys. Was very quick, could beat a man and wasn't pushed off the ball. Expect him to be on the bench today.

Lightning

Banned
lol I thought you were dutch. NZ man that must be nice weather. Im Colombian raised in Bogota but I live in Atlanta Georgia and dat heat. ugh
I am dutch. I am just living in New Zealand. New Zealand is a lovely country to live though so I only visit home now but prefer to live here.

And the weather here can be pretty shit. It rains a whole lot, especially in Auckland where I live. Summer is awesome, not to hot and no rain. Awesome!

Zabojnik

A fantastic day of football awaits us!

Indeed. Liverpool - ManU, then Allegri's last game with Milan (Udinese - Milan), then alternate with City - Arsenal. Fock yeah!

You thin, he's going to rest him against Roma?

I seriously doubt it. As for when our first defeat is coming ... Fiorentina or Roma (or Shakthar in CL) seem likely candidates to finally beat us. Not because they're better teams, but because of the timing and everything. Which is unfortunate, as I hate both teams with a burning passion. But what can you do? If it happens, let them have it. Defeating Juve is all Roma and Fiorentina can aspire to this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom