• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumhead

Banned
Watching this Coventry match just hammers home how good it is to not be in League One anymore. This is awful viewing.

Always feel a bit sorry for Coventry though. Always seems like the fans have been sold up the river a bit. Worst thing they ever did was leave Highfield Road.

Oxx

Watching this Coventry match just hammers home how good it is to not be in League One anymore. This is awful viewing.

Always feel a bit sorry for Coventry though. Always seems like the fans have been sold up the river a bit. Worst thing they ever did was leave Highfield Road.

I haven't been to that many stadia, but the Ricoh has the most uncomfortable and cramped seating I have ever plonked my ass on.

Bumhead

Banned
I haven't been to that many stadia, but the Ricoh has the most uncomfortable and cramped seating I have ever plonked my ass on.

I've been to both Highfield Road and the Ricoh. Highfield wasn't a nice ground to go to as a visiting fan but thats what you always want as the home side. It was always compact and tight with a good atmosphere.

The Ricoh is a soulless bowl and I'm sure it's contributed to their fall down the leagues not just in terms of money, but in terms of the fact that Coventry is an easy place to visit now.

They've just gone 2-1 down to Stevenage as it happens.

LegoArmo

Why? Zenit themselves said they were speaking with him.

I'm sure his agent will be talking to a lot of people until his contact is sorted out, and his agent probably told them how much Nani would want to play in Russia, of course it was going to be a lot.

They didn't say anything about United accepting a bid.

What does this have to do with you? Fellaini is an Everton player :p

I'm mates with Moyes, don't you know.

3Sixty

Coventry fans were great at St Marys when we sent them down last year, stayed for the whole game and sang throughout. A fair few of the saints fans went over and applauded them during the pitch invasion. SISU have fucked them over.

Salvadora

When asked to rate Oxlade-Chamberlain’s performance, Hodgson said: “I thought Alex was very good first-half. We made it clear to him we were going to take him off after 60 minutes, so I think he forgot to play in the 15 minutes of the second half but that will be an interesting lesson for him as well. Especially when I tell him.”

Hodgson criticised Oxlade-Chamberlain for apparently 'showboating’ and despite how well he played against Moldova there was further criticism with Hodgson irritated by the winger’s poor defending and clearly telling him so close to half-time.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...nager-Roy-Hodgson-following-Moldova-game.html
Wonder where he learned that.

Salazar

Same ClevGod who got played off the park by a 17 year old making his 2nd career start last week :p

It is important (and easy, unless you are Liverpool-GAF or simply daft) to understand that all references to or implications of Clev's infallibility, divinity, supremacy as a midfielder, and so on, are deliberately hyperbolic.

Hodgson is a clown and the idea of him leading England into the world cup sickens me.

ClevGod having a crap game doesn't shock me. He remains ClevGod. Southampton were alright.

Wilbur

Banned
It is important (and easy, unless you are Liverpool-GAF or simply daft) to understand that all references to or implications of Clev's infallibility, divinity, supremacy as a midfielder, and so on, are deliberately hyperbolic.

Hodgson is a clown and the idea of him leading England into the world cup sickens me.

ClevGod having a crap game doesn't shock me. He remains ClevGod. Southampton were alright.

I love your posting style, I really do.

Salazar

Rickie Lambert will massacre a few sides before the season is out, that much is true.

I think both sides were proper fucked by slipperiness in the box, so to speak. I mean, there's more to it than that, but Clyne and Evra both went down in extremely crucial ways.

Bumhead

Banned
Coventry fans were great at St Marys when we sent them down last year, stayed for the whole game and sang throughout. A fair few of the saints fans went over and applauded them during the pitch invasion. SISU have fucked them over.

Yeah I like Coventry fans too. A couple of our supporters were killed in a car crash on the way back from Coventry a few seasons ago, and their fans sent the club a well wish card on the anniversary. Only a very small thing but a very nice gesture and always warms you towards other fans.

Just really feel for them in their current situation. They're in a mess. Even in our lowest ebbs, clubs like us, Leeds, Forest, you guys and Norwich were always going to get back out of League One just on the support base alone, but there were less than 10,000 there today for a club which doesn't even own the ground and makes no money on matchday unless the fans turn out. Such a shame. I think they're more likely to be the next Bradford than the next Southampton or Norwich.

Salazar

GP8ia.gif

Charlie Adam moonlighting as Frankfurt physio.

Kenka

Dortmund-Stuttgart last season was special. It is the irst time I see such extended highlights and I am glad I did.

But it also was a game to forget for Hummels. He was responsible for all four goals conceded.

edit: Happy birthday Bla !

and thank you guys again for all the birthday greetings :) had a nice day so far

Happy birthday! May the king one day return.

Dortmund-Stuttgart last season was special. It is the irst time I see such extended highlights and I am glad I did.

Yeah I only watched some cut down highlights, that looked like such a great match. Would like to start watching more bundesliga but it's just so much easier to watch PL.

Zabojnik

Not all music is pretentious, and plenty of bands have legitimate talent. But I can see where you are coming from with all the music posted in this thread.

In the words of the great Steven Wilson: "One of the wonders of the world is going down, no-one cares anymore." Keep up the good fight, Yenrot!

Hixx

Happy birthday Blablurn

Every time I read your name I do the Batman theme in my head with with BLA BLURN instead of Batman

Slizz

If people saying FIFA ball physics are too floaty, then PES has footballs filled with helium, I can't stand it.

Did not play the second demo but played the first. I can't see it improving so drastically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom