• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soi-Fong

Never a penalty. He was going down before there was even contact - he dived as far as I'm concerned. Some might call it "anticipating the challenge" but I don't care, in my opinion if you make it look like you've been fouled before there's contact, which Valencia did, then you dived. It wasn't a penalty.

His penalty was as much of a "penalty" as Suarez, Only one difference is that Suarez completely looked to dive swinging his heads backwards. Dude's an idiot really doing that otherwise he might have gotten the penalty.

K1LLER7

Most of his moves started from the left with Arsenal too. The biggest concern Man U should have over RVP is if he can have another injury free season or not.
As for Rooney, not his biggest fan and think he peaked several years a go and has been on a decline since. If he a striker or a #10 now? Seems to drop deeper and deeper into midfield with each game.
Try Rooney in midfield or push Kagawa on the left. Rooney scores goals which isn't something Kagawa will give.

Salazar

Never a penalty. He was going down before there was even contact - he dived as far as I'm concerned. Some might call it "anticipating the challenge" but I don't care, in my opinion if you make it look like you've been fouled before there's contact, which Valencia did, then you dived. It wasn't a penalty.

Clipped foot, bit of bodily contact. If you're behind someone in the box after they've roasted your side for forty yards and you touch them, it's going to go against you.

Unless you're Manchester United, of course, grand and sinister controllers of football on all continents.

Valencia played for it a bit, no doubt, but it wasn't a Welbeck or a Young or a Suarez vintage.

longdi

Banned
Ok this is just completely wrong. Kagawa has been one of our best players this season and I'd garner that him along with RVP is the reason were doing "well" in the table.

The rest of the team just have to keep up with them. It's hard not to see the qualities and class he has and your rant about shirt selling potential is just complete shit.

consistency. that is what kagawa needs to keep on doing to retain his place. just like park.
the games he played, i have not seen the quality to replace scholes or act as a false9 like rooney.

Soi-Fong

Try Rooney in midfield or push Kagawa on the left.

I would have been against this before, but seeing how things are going now and United's insistence on "wing play" if it give s Kagawa more of the ball to try and be creative drifting in then I'm all for it.

consistency. that is what kagawa needs to keep on doing to retain his place. just like park.
the games he played, i have not seen the quality to replace scholes or act as a false9 like rooney.

We're not even past September yet and the team he came from had a completely different play style to ours. Even RVP is still trying to click with the team.

There's others in our "first team" such as Evra that needs to be fecking dropped because they've completely lost it.

And today, you can't say much considering he was the only one involved with Rafael's goal getting an assist and this is with United still using him wrong.

yella

Try Rooney in midfield or push Kagawa on the left.

Rooney on the left drifting in with Kagawa in the middle seems like a better option to me. Rooney can at least cross; Kagawa seems better suited for quick, one touch passes or incisive through balls. Only saw him play in the DFP Pokal final, but it seems like he plays best in that kind of role.

Meier

DAMN! Kun almost with his first. Lovely try.

Edit: Well, almost is a bit generous after seeing the replay. Had a chance at least.

Arteta has had a very quiet but steady career at Arsenal. Not as dynamic or overly noticable as he was at Everton, but seems like the focal point of the entire midfield now. allows everyone else to work off him.

K1LLER7

Rooney on the left drifting in with Kagawa in the middle seems like a better option to me.
Rooneys best position is behind the striker and he'll get more goals then Kagawa.

Let Kagawa have a free role like Silva has, start on the wing and drift around. Plus he has more pace than Rooney.

:lol Gervinho

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Walker's defending has been rancid this season. Sort yourself out, son.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Disgustingly late but, Happy birthday Facism!!!!!! #Team9

Newcuntus English Juve don't fuck this up, it's the magpies week! Siena, Udinese, Juve and Notts Count all picked up three points.
jkDiR.gif

Tc91

Most of his moves started from the left with Arsenal too. The biggest concern Man U should have over RVP is if he can have another injury free season or not.
As for Rooney, not his biggest fan and think he peaked several years a go and has been on a decline since. If he a striker or a #10 now? Seems to drop deeper and deeper into midfield with each game.

#10 For sure. I actually think Fergie will mould him into more of a midfielder as he gets older.

I miss the Rooney when he always used to shoot from outside the box and try chips over the keeper. Without a doubt our best player though.

Rooneys best position is behind the striker and he'll get more goals then Kagawa.

Let Kagawa have a free role like Silva has, start on the wing and drift around. Plus he has more pace than Rooney.

:lol Gervinho

He's not good there. He plays that position for Japan and he doesn't play well (the past 6 games or so). He's even made comments that he doesn't want to play there for Japan.

Rooney doesn't even act like he plays behind the striker. The only thing he does there is drop to receive the pass and then pass it to a winger. He doesn't look to create there. I don't want a player playing in that position if he's not looking to play through the middle.

Meier

UGH, Sinclair with a great run but he had Dzeko all by himself and then tried to force to Kun with 3 defenders around. Painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom