• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

:lol

Footy-gaf will enjoy this.

http://trivela.uol.com.br/franca/ibrahimovic-eu-sou-uma-lenda-viva

Zlatan: "I'm a living legend'

Yesterday, Ibrahimovic left his mark in the Walk of Fame in Swedbank Stadion, Malmö, his birthplace. And reacted with his traditional lack of modesty.
'It's a big honour. It means I did something during my career. Normally, people say you can't become a legend before you die, but I am a living legend. At least in Malmö.'

:lol

Zabojnik

There are reports Fiorentina are introducing an ‘anti-Juventus’ clause into Stevan Jovetic’s new contract to bar him from moving to Turin.

The two clubs were already in talks for the Montenegro international this summer, but the Viola rejected a bid thought to be worth €25m.

The rapport between the sides has always been tense, but the situation exploded in the last days of the transfer session over Dimitar Berbatov.

Fiorentina publicly accused Juve of acting unprofessionally by intercepting a done deal with the Manchester United striker, but the Bianconeri insist they only approached him after being told Berbatov had turned down the move.

According to the Corriere dello Sport, Fiorentina are not going to let that ‘snub’ pass and will try to include a clause in Jovetic’s contract ensuring he won’t end up in Turin.

This would bar Jo-Jo from joining Juventus even if they were to pay the €40m buy-out clause.

---------- + ---------- + -----------

The inferiority complex is strong in this one. Never change, Viola, never change. Un solo grido, un solo allarme, Firenze in fiamme, Firenze in fiammeeee!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Lol Ibra, that's quite sad.
The inferiority complex is strong in this one. Never change, Viola, never change. Un solo grido, un solo allarme, Firenze in fiamme, Firenze in fiammeeee!
They're assuming Jovetic is stupid enough to sign a contract without reading it. His agent, and hopefully the player himself
with Vucinic in his ear
won't allow this to happen.

I can't blame you after watching Russia play Northern Ireland. They were pitiful.
We're utter shite. But god loves a trier. At least England offer us some
(no)
glory.

I pretend Northern Ireland doesn't have a national team. It's worked out well so far.
I don't even watch our games any more.

Edit: As if commentary from Jackie Fullerton wasn't enough to put us off our own games already.

If the new Football Manager games network mode actually works, how hard would it be to have a Gaf network game going? I could see that being fun if we only played at certain times.

I've always hated FM games. But what I hate more, is when people try and base their argument of how good a player is on FM ratings. Gets right on my pubes.

If the new Football Manager games network mode actually works, how hard would it be to have a Gaf network game going? I could see that being fun if we only played at certain times.

It took us an hour just to play one game last time we tried it. The problem is some people take ages to tweak their squads and prepare their teams, respond to messages etc.

Yen

We're utter shite. But god loves a trier. At least England offer us some
(no)
glory.

I don't even watch our games any more.

Edit: As if commentary from Jackie Fullerton wasn't enough to put us off our own games already.

My parents were once in a hotel bar in Belfast (can't remember which) but the news was on in the corner and Jackie Fullteron was giving a report via phone. "Yes, I'm in Tel Aviv and Northern Ireland are holding on for dear life etc." But my parents turned round to the lobby and saw Fullerton standing there using a hotel phone, pint in hand.

Don't clubs do it though??
I would doubt it and very much hope not.

My parents were once in a hotel bar in Belfast (can't remember which) but the news was on in the corner and Jackie Fullteron was giving a report via phone. "Yes, I'm in Tel Aviv and Northern Ireland are holding on for dear life etc." But my parents turned round to the lobby and saw Fullerton standing there using a hotel phone, pint in hand.
:lol, he's such a jockey. I really can't stand him.

Let's all watch him get body slammed... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX6SQWNCiMw

Oh, must have misinterpreted then.
Also, don't a lot of these games use fan feedback for smaller teams or something?

I remember reading something about this from EA. Like they have a bunch of fans who effectively scout the younger players of teams and smaller clubs as a whole. Then they cross reference the information and draw up numbers.

Wilbur

Banned
Also, don't a lot of these games use fan feedback for smaller teams or something?

I remember reading something about this from EA. Like they have a bunch of fans who effectively scout the younger players of teams and smaller clubs as a whole. Then they cross reference the information and draw up numbers.

Most of FIFA's ratings are wank haha, shit job fans.

PES is awful as well. Xavi and Iniesta 97, Fabregas 95... Busquets 83.

Jordi Alba 77... Adriano 87.

Kyoufu

Also I wonder if there is any bias with the FM developers and teams they support. Like if a certain club looks stronger than they really are?

Also I wonder if there is any bias with the FM developers and teams they support. Like if a certain club looks stronger than they really are?
I would say so.

It is, apart from when we beat Spain and England a long time ago now...
Games that were so much enjoyed they gave birth to murals. :lol

070410J_9_232344d.jpg

FootballFan

FadyK85
@ConfusionBay ....all the comments I may have missed, mainly those directed at me, and I'll have a big response by tomorrow possibly :]

ibntwTLTT52iuA.gif

:lol Wooden you crack me up.

Haven't seen a Fady post in a while though, international break/afer dark football-GAF scared him away I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom