• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.
article-1341913950343-13FE4B80000005DC-740504_568x497.jpg
That tosser has an American accent now. He's been in the U.S. what? Two minutes?

Northern Irish folks love painting shit on walls.

Yen

I always feel so embarrassed when I see murals, and even more so when I see tourists taking tours to see them.

We did a tour of the murals of Derry/Bloody Sunday thing for a school trip and the guy leading the tour pointed to a mural and gave a deep, long story about its significance to his life. It was so emotional he burst into tears and couldn't stop. At that moment, some guy walked past on his phone saying, "AYE, NANNY, DO YE NEED BREAD? I'LL GET BREAD AND MILK. BE ROUND LATER." Well I found it hilarious and laughed for about 5 minutes solid while the tour guide broke down. Unfortunately, I was the only one laughing.

We did a tour of the murals of Derry/Bloody Sunday thing for a school trip and the guy leading the tour pointed to a mural and gave a deep, long story about its significance to his life. It was so emotional he burst into tears and couldn't stop. At that moment, some guy walked past on his phone saying, "AYE, NANNY, DO YE NEED BREAD? I'LL GET BREAD AND MILK. BE ROUND LATER." Well I found it hilarious and laughed for about 5 minutes solid while the tour guide broke down. Unfortunately, I was the only one laughing.
I legitimately lol'd at that story. It's even better when you're from here and can imagine the accent perfectly.

I'm sorry but those murals are depressing.
Don't need to tell us.

Clegg

Busquets isn't a very glamorous player. His job is to break up attacks and recycle possession. He doesn't get that as much ercognition as Xavi or Iniesta as he isn't a "flair player".

But he's undoubtedly the best DM in the world.

WHAT THE FUCK
Yup. These are actually on many of our street corners. Well, not my street corner, but you know what I mean.

Dee-St-IMG_1641.jpg

Edit: one of my favorites (read on). Well one similar, there used to be one like this in Ballybeen that said, "Ballybeen Rocket Team". Hilarious for a few reasons, 1) the typical terrible quality of the "art". 2) the idea that these guys are rocking RPGs when really by "rocket", they mean squibs fired from a milk bottle.

smural2.jpg

Clegg

A member of the Real IRA was shot dead last week in Dublin. His funeral was held today and hundreds of "mourners" attended the service.

Some were dressed in paramilitary uniform and a gun salute took place outside his house. Apparently there are a lot of tricolors and the cliche "Brits are scum" flags being flown outside the houses of certain inner city areas.

The glorification of the whole thing is disgusting.

kharma45

WHAT THE FUCK

You've never seen any of these before?

northern_ireland_UVF_prepared_mural.jpg.scaled500.jpg

murals-header.jpg

collusion.jpg

A member of the Real IRA was shot dead last week in Dublin. His funeral was held today and hundreds of "mourners" attended the service.

Some were dressed in paramilitary uniform and a gun salute took place outside his house. Apparently there are a lot of tricolors and the cliche "Brits are scum" flags being flown outside the houses of certain inner city areas.

The sooner this sort of stuff is bred out of people here the better, the fact that people can have a gun salute and walk around in the uniform of (I presume it is in the Republic too) an illegal organisation is beyond baffling.

I've never been able to get my head around the real IRA. Is their moral compass so broken that they really think that the best path to justice is to commit similar atrocities to the ones that have been commited against them?

Yaya Toure isn't a brilliant DM

Fry

Don't think Busquets is all that, he may be the world's best DM, but he's not streets ahead of the second best.

Clegg

I've never been able to get my head around the real IRA. Is their moral compass so broken that they really think that the best path to justice is to commit similar atrocities to the ones that have been commited against them?
IMO they don't even have a cause anymore.

The real IRA are just looking to create as much chaos as they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom