• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
TAPA-Pisen-Pulga-Trome-portada_CLAIMA20120909_0169_14.jpg

seems like Peru is looking forward to the match.

kharma45

IMO they don't even have a cause anymore.

The real IRA are just looking to create as much chaos as they can.

Aren't most of the groups under one banner now?

On the topic of those murals, my cousin was murdered by the UDA in 1994. He was shot 4 times in the head

My mum's cousin (whatever that makes her to me, at least I think she was her cousin, some relation anyway) was shot collecting the Census by the IRA.

Was in the news a fair bit in the last year again and they've re-opened the investigation iirc. I'm glad I never had to live through the worst of it.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
http://www.clarin.com/deportes/TAPA-Pisen-Pulga-Trome-portada_CLAIMA20120909_0169_14.jpg[IMG]

seems like Peru is looking forward to the match.[/QUOTE]

Should be a good match. I hope we can at least get 1 point off of chile but it will be hard in santiago.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
He's not at Makelele level.

I think the Barcelona style of football hide a lot of his flaws (mainly that he is slow as fuck), he fits perfectly within the Barcelona system but I don't think he would be successful in other teams.

Salvadora

On the topic of those murals, my cousin was murdered by the UDA in 1994. He was shot 4 times in the head

My grandparent's house was burned down by some republican splinter group during the troubles but thankfully no-one was hurt. It was just the women in the house at the time but my mum took the petrol off one of the men and pushed him into the fire. Don't know if he died.

Clegg

We'll never see all of the republican terrorist organizations join together.

Some of them are vehemently against drug dealers, while other groups are actually part of drug dealing operations.

That's terrible mate.

On the topic of this, I have a few cousins from my mum's side of the family who are high profile, high ranking scum bags in both the UDA and UVF (we don't associate with them). Any one from NI who watches the news will of heard of them although I don't wish to name names. And honestly, their antics are about the most pathetic thing I can think of.

My father was also in Long Kesh for 3 years when he was an impressionable 18 year old. Charged with possession of a weapon (gun) and for being a member of a paramilitary organisation (UDA). Done 2 and half years, and left those mugs quick smart. Obviously never returned to that life style and very strongly sheltered myself and my brother from it growing up. As much as you can here anyway.

Bad craic altogether.

FootballFan

Yaya Toure for me, don't know why Barca decided to sell. He would be perfect for them against teams who look to use strength.

It's hard to pick between the two, Yaya is a monster box to box goal scoring sort of DM, the complete midfielder. While Busquets is more of a proper DM who suits Barcas stye more and is a more accurate passer with neater tackling.

Yaya was a well liked player who deserved more than sub appearances in Copa Del Rey and La Liga, I am glad he left and became a hero for Man City. He didn't want to leave, Barca didn't want to sell, but it was for the best.

I've never seen Busquets tackling as good as Luiz Gustavo vs. Real Madrid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15GjGIID9aU

I've never seen Gustavo pass like Busquets vs (name any team).

elseanio

That's terrible mate.

On the topic of this, I have a few cousins from my mum's side of the family who are high profile, high ranking scum bags in both the UDA and UVF (we don't associate with them). Any one from NI who watches the news will of heard of them although I don't wish to name names. And honestly, their antics are about the most pathetic thing I can think of.

My father was also in Long Kesh for 3 years when he was an impressionable 18 year old. Charged with possession of a weapon (gun) and for being a member of a paramilitary organisation (UDA). Done 2 and half years, and left those mugs quick smart. Obviously never returned to that life style and very strongly sheltered myself and my brother from it growing up. As much as you can here anyway.

Bad craic altogether.

Yeah, pretty heartbreaking. He was only 20, and had twin daughters. I'm not clued up on all the different groups, but I don't think I have family involved. All the newspaper reports I've read state that my cousin was just a civilian. I'd love to know more about it, but never found it appropriate to bring up.

Clegg

That's terrible mate.

Bad craic altogether.
My Grandads brother was a member of the US army and fought in the Korean War. He came back to Dublin in the 70's when there were absolutely no jobs to be had for anyone.

He met someone in a pub and they got talking. He mentioned that he used to be in the army and this lad said he might have a job for someone with his skills. My grans brother thought it would be a security job or something like that. He went for an "interview" and it turned out that he was meeting with someone from the IRA who wanted to recruit him.

He stayed for the duration of the meeting, said he'd think about it and then legged it to the nearest police station.

Yeah, pretty heartbreaking. He was only 20, and had twin daughters. I'm not clued up on all the different groups, but I don't think I have family involved. All the newspaper reports I've read state that my cousin was just a civilian. I'd love to know more about it, but never found it appropriate to bring up.
Honestly, our history is one of the biggest issues I have with living here. It really bothers me and more so because particular idiots like to perpetuate it. But as shambolic as it all is, it's certainly interesting, although incredibly depressing. And the worst part is when people like you're cousin get caught up in something that they have no part in.

In my situation it's family. You can't choose them, but you can choose to avoid them. Which we do with great delight. And in the case of my father, that was a short stint that can be put down to teenage stupidity as he was raised better.

Anyway, let's lighten the mood. I think the past few pages of Footy-GAFs whirlwind tour of NI history has depressed us all enough for one night.

My Grandads brother was a member of the US army and fought in the Korean War. He came back to Dublin in the 70's when there were absolutely no jobs to be had for anyone.

He met someone in a pub and they got talking. He mentioned that he used to be in the army and this lad said he might have a job for someone with his skills. My grans brother thought it would be a security job or something like that. He went for an "interview" and it turned out that he was meeting with someone from the IRA who wanted to recruit him.

He stayed for the duration of the meeting, said he'd think about it and then legged it to the nearest police station.
That's crazy. We really live on a bazaar little island.

He got lucky there! And Wilbury's not joking guys, there is actually a pic of our granny and Gerry together. Scares me :(

He got lucky there! And Wilbury's not joking guys, there is actually a pic of our granny and Gerry together. Scares me :(
This really is funny to me.

N.I. GAF may like to know I live just down the street from our esteemed :)lol) First Minister and used to steal his milk and Maine lemonade deliveries as a boy (so ridiculous). I also knew the guy who shagged his wife for the money to open a coffee shop. Friend of a friend.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Shit conmebol qualifiers has made my weekend. I've watched the match against uruguay like 50 times. so good.

Can't wait to get home and watch it some more =)

Clegg

That's crazy. We really live on a bazaar little island.
I have a lot of respect for the ordinary citizens of NI who had to live there during the height of The Troubles. There was a lot of fear and danger but they just got on with heir lives as best they could.

Thats why I get so angry when I see little 18 year old shitheads saying they'd love to join the RA. The don't even fucking know what happened back then. They're just saying it to sound hard but it still so infuriating to hear.

This man sounds cool.

This explains a lot if you are just re watching it on repeat all day.
Eh, I didn't really care for him. But banging one of our leading politicians wife for an Invest N.I. grant to open a coffee shop was a pretty hilarious turn of events.

I remember the story broke and her suitor was a mystery. Then when he came out on TV we were all amazed. Hilarious night to behold.

I have a lot of respect for the ordinary citizens of NI who had to live there during the height of The Troubles. There was a lot of fear and danger but they just got on with heir lives as best they could.

Thats why I get so angry when I see little 18 year old shitheads saying they'd love to join the RA. The don't even fucking know what happened back then. They're just saying it to sound hard but it still so infuriating to hear.
That's my gripe too. And these people tend to be a bunch of uneducated fools who couldn't recall their history if they tried. Yet they spout out their desires to join groups of thugs (on both sides) who claim to exist for the good of their respective people. Even though A) the vast majority couldn't see them far enough and B) They're mainly a bunch of drug dealers (who "despise" drugs in our communities).

Grim1ock

Banned
It's hard to pick between the two, Yaya is a monster box to box goal scoring sort of DM, the complete midfielder. While Busquets is more of a proper DM who suits Barcas stye more and is a more accurate passer with neater tackling.

Yaya was a well liked player who deserved more than sub appearances in Copa Del Rey and La Liga, I am glad he left and became a hero for Man City. He didn't want to leave, Barca didn't want to sell, but it was for the best.

I've never seen Gustavo pass like Busquets vs (name any team).

Yaya can be a proper DM when required too. I saw him destroy real madrid in bernabeu in 2008 season where barcelona won 6-2 or something.

Where busquets excels over yaya is he's more discplined. Yaya sometimes tends to join in attacks and neglects his defensive duties. Busquets also is a brilliant one touch player

having said that yaya has put two man of the match performances as a centre back against drogba, ronaldo, tevez, giggs and rooney against when barcelona won the triple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom