• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Bought a deli roll, asked for Mayo , ham, cheese, sweet corn , tomato and lettuce. Get back to work open it up to eat it and I find no ham. THE FUCK BITCH, I AINT NO VEGGIE

Surely. With Shelvey out he's the perfect link between attack and defence. Rodgers seems to rate him too.

Wonder if he'll be tempted to put Borini on the bench

Reina, Kelly, Coates, Skrtel, Johnson, Allen, Henderson, Gerrard, Suso, Sterling, Suarez

Suso and Gerrard to switch at will. I'd like to see it, although I'm not sure he's a fan of Henderson and Allen in the same team

Soi-Fong

For the record my fave Barca player is Don Andres, if I could pick a #2 it would be Sergio.

Come at me, bro

How can you like that diving bastard??! lol

edit: That gif of him rolling around peaking through his hands still infuriates me to no end.

What about something we can all agree on:

v1lmV.jpg

Arnie

Wonder if he'll be tempted to put Borini on the bench

Reina, Kelly, Coates, Skrtel, Johnson, Allen, Henderson, Gerrard, Suso, Sterling, Suarez

Suso and Gerrard to switch at will

That's actually a better idea. I rate Borini as a poacher, and he makes some lovely runs (the one against City at the front post, the one across the defence today), but I'd rather have Suso playing as a wider player. He's got that ability to turn at right angles that just shits defenders up.

That's actually a better idea. I rate Borini as a poacher, and he makes some lovely runs (the one against City at the front post, the one across the defence today), but I'd rather have Suso playing as a wider player. He's got that ability to turn at right angles that just shits defenders up.

He's like half an Iniesta, and half a Fabregas. May not be as good as either in the areas they excel, but he can still be a hell of a player. Imagine if he was quick :p

A bit frightened by the prospect of Norwich away tbh. As we've shown 3 times already this season, we're badly struggling to convert good performances into wins.

Arnie

I feel we could have beaten City today. Kinda disappointing despite it being a good result.

Chelsea is must win. Draw not good enough.
Imagine if Giroud transitioned half as well as Cazorla and Podolski have done.
He's like half an Iniesta, and half a Fabregas. May not be as good as either in the areas they excel, but he can still be a hell of a player. Imagine if he was quick :p

A bit frightened by the prospect of Norwich away tbh. As we've shown 3 times already this season, we're badly struggling to convert good performances into wins.
So am I, so are most Liverpool fans probably, that first win's getting desperate. I can only hope that it's a release of pressure which sees us go on a winning streak. Arsenal were struggling at this point last year, but they picked themselves up.

Speaking of Arsenal, it doesn't matter how well your season's going, you've still got to navigate that week in February where you simultaneously drop out of every competition you're in contention for.

Soi-Fong

Imagine if Giroud transitioned half as well as Cazorla and Podolski have done.

So am I, so are most Liverpool fans probably, that first win's getting desperate. I can only hope that it's a release of pressure which sees us go on a winning streak. Arsenal were struggling at this point last year, but they picked themselves up.

Speaking of Arsenal, it doesn't matter how well your season's going, you've still got to navigate that week in February where you simultaneously drop out of every competition you're in contention for.

Liverpool can only build up on the performance today so that's good news.

As for us, United can only go up from that performance, because that first half was completely pathetic. Seriously hoping Ferguson gives the whole team the hairdryer treatment for the whole fecking week and that this win shouldn't excuse such a performance.

caramac

What's worrying is our defence is shipping goals and we can't score at the other end ....it doesn't look good.

We might pick up a win or two somewhere but as for a run .......

Soi-Fong

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson on his side's 2-1 win at Liverpool: "It is a great result for us but we did not play well. In the first half Liverpool dominated us, in the second half we had better possession but they had 10 men, we can't take great credit for that. But a win is a win, we are pleased with the result, but not the performance."

At least he acknowledges it and we might actually start seeing some concrete changes.

Arnie

What's worrying is our defence is shipping goals and we can't score at the other end ....it doesn't look good.

We might pick up a win or two somewhere but as for a run .......

I know how it looks, which admittedly isn't good, but I really believe a lot of the fragility so far is due to mental and stylistic issues, that'll both heal with time and wins. It also reflects off our fortune at the other end; if we start scoring goals our defence will be less nervous about conceding them. We must buy a goalscorer in January. Everyone connected with the club knows that.

Lightning

Banned
Our January is horrendous so we could have trouble there. I don't think we're title contenders at all but I think we should make the top 4 easily enough. I still feel we need to be starting Giroud, not having him on the bench.

lol, was this already posted?

tK89k.png

Some nice ps potential..

Nicely done, Arsenal. Poor Liverpool though :(

HydJK.jpg

Should've been yellow for both imho.

/gone

I know how it looks, which admittedly isn't good, but I really believe a lot of the fragility so far is due to mental and stylistic issues, that'll both heal with time and wins. It also reflects off our fortune at the other end; if we start scoring goals our defence will be less nervous about conceding them. We must buy a goalscorer in January. Everyone connected with the club knows that.

We need one tapped up by mid-December, to be absolutely honest.

RE6 looks genuinely terrible. Not, 'oh, its not a very good Resident Evil game' terrible. I mean 'If this wasn't a Resident Evil game, it would get the same amount of attention as Inversion got pre-release' terrible.

Fucking Capcom

Dibbz

Been liking his performances this whole season. He chose 25 because of Kanu and his family have been Arsenal fans for decades. Love him.

2 Years ago he was with Charlton.. and now starting for Arsenal in the Premier League.

1JJ4M.jpg

I want to get in on some Corporal Jenkinson love. Start of the season I was a bit rough on him because he looked like he was always under pressure whenever he recieved the ball but now he is playing with his head up and is very solid. I'm really liking the guy.

Also just saw this on twitter

proxy.jpg

faridmon

Arab-Gaf: does anyone else Makoob as an E-mail? They closed the whole website and I can't retrieve my E-mails. They mentined I could use POP3 but Outlook is failing me.

jtb

Banned
Our January is horrendous so we could have trouble there. I don't think we're title contenders at all but I think we should make the top 4 easily enough. I still feel we need to be starting Giroud, not having him on the bench.

Yeah. we usually tail off (read: implode) in February because of the huge fixture congestion of League cup + FA + Champions League + League where everything is must win and so no one's ever rested and everyone gets overplayed and the results are disastrous. So far, everyone seems replaceable with the exception of Cazorla... we'll have to see if Wilshere can step up (or maybe the Ox could play down the middle) to see if we can really rotate the squad. If we can... trophy potentially?

We looked very threatening when Giroud came on, I feel like he could be pretty effective against an unstable partnershi like Luiz and Terry next week. I'm even more confident about the Chelsea game than I was about the City game; their central midfield is pretty terrible atm.

Bumhead

Banned
Has anyone else paid for that advanced download thing for FIFA?

I kind of want to do it but I can't shake the feeling that I'm an absolute chump for spending £20 on 5 days of early access.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom