• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Shelvey's rant as he walks off is pathetic. I've always disliked him since he shoved Sandro into the stands when we rolled over them in 10/11.

Arnie

Shelvey's rant as he walks off is pathetic. I've always disliked him since he shoved Sandro into the stands when we rolled over them in 10/11.

Well I think Sandro's a prick so we can square that one off there.

Was just writing something praising the United supporters today for their behaviour during the game, and then I see that video. Credit needs to go to the club and Ferguson, but not them.

Fady K

Again guys, I am not singling ManU out, every team does bullshit like this. I know it is a part of football, I just don't like it one bit.

It's alright Fady, let the hate grow.

Hate sucks bro :[

Sorry Fady, you've ruined things now.

You're on the lists of every United fan in this thread.

Not you Clegg, I really like you :'(

Fady no need for clarification, boss twitter message. Fight the Ferguson Association

Haha, I just wanted to make sure there was no misunderstanding. BTW amazing how Barca won yesterday huh? Reminded me of Madrid from last season.

Not mine. Seems like a nice dude. :)

Thank you Soi :)

Thought he would be already, seeing as he supports every team in the OP except United. :lol

I eventually included my name in the United list out of respect :p

he didnt dive tho yo

I respectfully disagree after seeing the replays. I still think he is one of United's best and it happens with many top class players.

Soi-Fong

I'd say some fans are applauding him for vocally stating what most people think when a decision goes United's way.

Fady K

Again, UNITED FANS, I hope you didn't misunderstand me. I really like most of the United fans here so I hope it didn't rub off the wrong way :]

Messi

Fady, I was so tense during the game. I nearly cried when we scored.

Tono was amazing, great goalkeeping preformance. Also Valdes made a great stop in the final 10 mins.

Soi-Fong

Why are people acting life Fady's tweet was an attack on United specifically and not just diving etc in general?

I think it's because he stated outright in the tweet that United had the balls to "cheat" during what was an important day for Liverpool concerning Hillsborough.

Fady reiterated and said that's not what he meant.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yes, my football clubs have divers at times (Messi, Sturridge, Ivanovic to name a few)

Okay, to be fair Fady, Ivanovic's center of gravity is his ass, he was overwhelmed by the weight of his butt cheeks after running nonstop for 90 minutes.

There was a gif that Lung posted which made it look like Johnson pushed Valencia to ground. From most other angles it looked like Valencia dived. I'm still not 100% sure myself.

Clegg

Confession time:

I used to like Barcelona. Loved the way they played under Rijkaard. Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Xavi, Deco, were all a joy to watch. They played with such speed and skill and I admired them for it.

But I can only feel antipathy for the current Barca team. They have the three best players in the world on their team but their antics disgust me. Surrounding the ref after every tackle, the gracelessness in defeat, tapping up players through the media, the constant favoritism shown to them by referees and, worst of all, the serial diving and cheating of Dani Alves, Busquets and Sanchez.

I also dislike the new trend of fans that Barcelona have bred. One know the ones I'm talking about. Those who say that defensive teams don't deserve to win because they didn't go out there and try to commit suicide by taking Barca on. These people don't know their arse from their elbow as far as I'm concerned. They'd rather wank off to players passing in pretty triangles.

Confession time:

I used to like Barcelona. Loved the way they played under Rijkaard. Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Xavi, Deco, were all a joy to watch. They played with such speed and skill and I admired them for it.

But I can only feel antipathy for the current Barca team. They have the three best players in the world on their team but their antics disgust me. Surrounding the ref after every tackle, the gracelessness in defeat, tapping up players through the media, the constant favoritism shown to them by referees and, worst of all, the serial diving and cheating of Dani Alves, Busquets and Sanchez.

I also dislike the new trend of fans that Barcelona have bred. One know the ones I'm talking about. Those who say that defensive teams don't deserve to win because they didn't go out there and try to commit suicide by taking Barca on. These people don't know their arse from their elbow as far as I'm concerned. They'd rather wank off to players passing in pretty triangles.

You must hate Xavi then :p

Fady K

Fady, I was so tense during the game. I nearly cried when we scored.

Tono was amazing, great goalkeeping preformance. Also Valdes made a great stop in the final 10 mins.

Me too!! Couldn't believe it! I love how Barca fight harder so far this season! That Xavi finish, my goodness.

Valdez saved the game, he is so underrated I swear. That was a great one on one stop!

Cant see Chelsea winning to be honest.

Arsenal are so *tidy* this season. I respect them more than I ever did, especially with them playing like a team without van persie. I don't see Chelsea taking points away at the Emirates either.

I think it's because he stated outright in the tweet that United had the balls to "cheat" during what was an important day for Liverpool concerning Hillsborough.

Fady reiterated and said that's not what he meant.

Yeah there was a big misunderstanding about that. It was a bad joke basically. I only felt for the liverpool supporters to have this happen to them on a day of remembrance of the incident.

Okay, to be fair Fady, Ivanovic's center of gravity is his ass, he was overwhelmed by the weight of his butt cheeks after running nonstop for 90 minutes.

His ass can help at times though! He can use it as a decoy :p! He can be real classy so I hate when he resorts to diving!

Arnie

Can I just put my stake in the ground, because I don't think I have so far:

I believe it was a clear penalty. There was no need for Johnson to make such a clumsy challenge, and he made contact without touching the ball. It's soft, but you expect that when playing United, he just shouldn't have done it.

Soi-Fong

Confession time:

Pretty much just stated my feelings about Barcelona. They are a wonderful team to watch when playing football, but the diving, antics and surrounding the referee gets to you.

As well as that, I also have an acquitance who's obsessed with Barca and I get tired of hearing about them.

Add to that Barca has the most plastic fans ever who couldn't care less about the team and just loves Messi to hell even if they know jack shit about him.

Fady K

Confession time:

I am the fan that Barcelona FC needs. Graceful in defeat. Hates the surrounding of refs. Don't support the diving. Don't despise Real Madrid. I don't hate defensive football.

Seriously though, Barca's fan ain't that bad. Every top football club has idiotic fans like what is described above to be fair.

Confession time:

People in glass houses...

Soi-Fong

Can I just put my stake in the ground, because I don't think I have so far:

I believe it was a clear penalty. There was no need for Johnson to make such a clumsy challenge, and he made contact without touching the ball. It's soft, but you expect that when playing United, he just shouldn't have done it.

You guys were playing against a bitter rival and for most players on Liverpool, it was all in or nothing.

Wish the same can be said about our players who were still playing like crap and certainly weren't playing to the occasion.

Arnie

You guys were playing against a bitter rival and for most players on Liverpool, it was all in or nothing.

Wish the same can be said about our players who were still playing like crap and certainly weren't playing to the occasion.

True, and I credit Johnson for getting back after colliding with Agger, but using his body as a block was all that's necessary, especially with Reina bearing down on Valencia. Don't get me wrong, I fully expected the ball to whizz through Reina's flailing body regardless, but trusting the keeper is better than giving a penalty away in that situation, for me.

Confession time:

Interesting thoughts there. May I offer you a gif?

1511333_o.gif

Arnie

Something about Xavi and Fabregas puts me off them. Can't help but like the other two though

I've always loved Cesc, such a gifted footballer.

Can't wait for Suso to become Cesc 2.0. Imagine the two sided triangles between him and Allen.

Football-GAF is breaking apart. Will the community survive to the next OT?
I wish bans were like injuries, so they'd all heal eventually, and we could have a funky diagnosis with each one to give us a general sense of when they'd return.

Wilbury's got a gash.

Soi-Fong

I feel like someone is implying I am a plastic Barca fan.

lol If you're talking about me I'm not. Certainly, you keep up way too much with Barca about everything to be a plastic fan.

Talking more about the people in my uni who wear Barca shirts with Messi printed on them and acts like they care about the club.

I've always loved Cesc, such a gifted footballer.

Can't wait for Suso to become Cesc 2.0. Imagine the two sided triangles between him and Allen.

D'you reckon Suso did enough to stay in the squad against Norwich? More importantly, I hope it was a sign that he's inching towards that contract

Messi

lol If you're talking about me I'm not. Certainly, you keep up way too much with Barca about everything to be a plastic fan.

Talking more about the people in my uni who wear Barca shirts with Messi printed on them and acts like they care about the club.

For the record my fave Barca player is Don Andres, if I could pick a #2 it would be Sergio.

Come at me, bro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom