• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

D_prOdigy

United-GAF, considering just how desperately woeful our midfield situation seems to be in right now... does anyone reckon a fit Phil Jones in a DM position would be worth a go? Like, in no way a great strategy going forward, but at least better than we look now?

I mean, I don't entirely know who or where would be cut for that, I just wanted to bounce ideas around within the vicinity of the thought-circle.

Good stuff, wasting his time with England anyway.

Right, so maybe the team who would of finished 17th but finished 18th because of a bad decision do so. But maybe that team who now finished 18th had a decision go their way during a game against the team who finished 2nd. And it turns out that, oh dear, that decision cost them 1st. What are you going to do? This could go round in circles all day long.

Swings and roundabouts.

And anyway, how often can somebody pin down a particular bad decision that ultimately cost them a valuable place?

You can't pin it down, and you can't do anything about it other than improve the standard of referreing/bring in technology to whatever extent is deemed suitable. At the end of the season though, there are teams who have had (relatively) way more bad decisions go their way than against them, and vice versa. And there are teams who have had the same advantages to a lesser extent. And on the other side of the coin, there are teams who've had more decisions go against them. Its impossible to subjectively pinpoint and calculate without being laughed out of the room as a crazy conspiracy-theorist. What is a dive to me is sufficient contact to others. What is a handball to you is ball-to-hand to me.

But on the balance of probabilities, not every club gets even decisions, not by a long shot

A lot of people will love the film and it will probably win awards

I just found it drawn out and wasn't finding the dialogue as good or enthralling as I was clearly supposed to which made the whole experience a little dull

Probably better watching at home really

Great statistic, thank you La Liga..

FyfNO.png

On the England front, I don't think ANY of the older generation should have been picked under Roy: terry, rio, lampard, Gerrard, about as old as I'd let it go would be maybe Ashley cole (who might be same age as terry but terry has other issues surrounding him) but especially in the wake of terry-anton gate. The circus surrounding that for England for a joke, it's pretty clear something went on with regards to the Euros which is why rio wasn't picked. Neither of them should have gone.

England needs to stop living in the past with these players, hart as captain, (I'd say Rooney but he can't control himself) and we should be fielding a young team try and get a decent young team together.

You can't pin it down, and you can't do anything about it other than improve the standard of referreing/bring in technology to whatever extent is deemed suitable. At the end of the season though, there are teams who have had (relatively) way more bad decisions go their way than against them, and vice versa. And there are teams who have had the same advantages to a lesser extent. And on the other side of the coin, there are teams who've had more decisions go against them. Its impossible to subjectively pinpoint and calculate without being laughed out of the room as a crazy conspiracy-theorist. What is a dive to me is sufficient contact to others. What is a handball to you is ball-to-hand to me.

But on the balance of probabilities, not every club gets even decisions, not by a long shot
Of course not every club is going to get an exactly even amount of decisions. Some will always get more than others. But there are many factors to be considered, like how costly is a particular decision? Perhaps a team wrongly concedes a penalty and goes down 1-0 but later wins the game 2-1. Not really a problem. But what if said team is in a situation were goal difference is a factor comes seasons end? What if they're not?

Maybe the team who gets the most decisions, say penalties, beats most of the teams they win the pens against by large goal margins so the pen was largely insignificant.

The point is, yes, some teams will get more than others. But likelihood is that it evens out in the form of decisions that go in your favor, or decisions that ended up being insignificant. IMO anyway.

Hixx

lol :/

Yo elsk, still didn't get a reply from that girl - don't think her e-mail is active anymore (it was an AIESEC e-mail) :(
Other than that I couldn't find any way to circumvent that requirement we talked about. For now at least, I'll still be looking.

Is Messi around?

Olivia Acne Wilde:
[IM.G]http://i.imgur.com/6l403.jpg[/IMG]

(actually not a bad pic compared to other ones: http://celebritycloseup.tumblr.com/ )

Monica Bellucci looks her age in the pic on there.

But everyone looks worse in high res photos.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
http://www.youtube.com/user/iAlstad/videos?view=0

This is a good channel for whoever doesn't own Fifa yet, and want to see ratings + faces.

Usho, unfortunately Assou Ekotto looks generic. I'm surprised because I thought Spurs had a deal with EA?

They do but that only got tied up in the summer. Maybe it was too late for the faces to be included in this year's game (though Bale and Parker seem to have updated faces). Maybe they will add them to the game later?

Sandro and BAE still 78. Drivel.

Fry

Liverpool ones are embarrassing.

Wasn't going to buy the game anyway, don't think it's different enough from Fifa 12, and money's tight.

Yeah, they never give Liverpool a decent treatment. Lucas went to be an 80 on the previous FIFA, and he still looks like shit.

They do but that only got tied up in the summer. Maybe it was too late for the faces to be included in this year's game (though Bale and Parker seem to have updated faces). Maybe they will add them to the game later?

I doubt it to be honest, they never do this kind of stuff. Would be nice for a first time. They should release new faces/boots as DLC.

Grim1ock

Banned
Confession time:

I used to like Barcelona. Loved the way they played under Rijkaard. Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Xavi, Deco, were all a joy to watch. They played with such speed and skill and I admired them for it.

But I can only feel antipathy for the current Barca team. They have the three best players in the world on their team but their antics disgust me. Surrounding the ref after every tackle, the gracelessness in defeat, tapping up players through the media, the constant favoritism shown to them by referees and, worst of all, the serial diving and cheating of Dani Alves, Busquets and Sanchez.

I also dislike the new trend of fans that Barcelona have bred. One know the ones I'm talking about. Those who say that defensive teams don't deserve to win because they didn't go out there and try to commit suicide by taking Barca on. These people don't know their arse from their elbow as far as I'm concerned. They'd rather wank off to players passing in pretty triangles.

The last great likable barcelona team was the 2008/09 team which incidently won everything. Alot of people seem to give this big massive kudos to guardiola but this philosopher actually inherited the crown jewels from rijkaard. I have a soft spot for rijkaard and although losing the champion league finals 06 was one of the most painful experiences in my life at least it was a team who were likable and played hard but fair.

The current barcelona team make my blood boil. A team full of cheaters and divers. Infected even classy players like xavi and iniesta who seem to think they have a God given right at winning everything. Notice this superiority complex has come about when pep took charge of barcelona. He is nothing but a charlatan this guardiola chap. Ibrahimovic exposed him for what he was in his book. Almost everyone who left barcelona had nothing good to say about him. whether it's ibrahimovic, yaya, eto, bojan and even his little puppy dog keita.

I have never ever supported chelsea in my life. Not even once. But when torres scored that goal i had screamed like never before.

Kyoufu

Last week I was saying how United fans should be used to getting dominated and still winning and I got jumped on :lol

lol it's so true, at least for the past year or two.

I don't think they'll get far in the CL. I think they'll come up against teams that will lay the smackdown on poor midfields.

1) People saying 'the' Arsenal
2) The word 'banter'
3) Commentators and pundits being afraid to use the word 'dive' when discussing a British/Irish player
4) Claiming that a draw/loss is harsh when your result hasn't been affected by the officials/unfortunate circumstance
5) Mark Halsey

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom