• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would bang Merkel for a coffee shop.
merkel-in-low-cut.jpg

Mmm...

operon

We're utter shite. But god loves a trier. At least England offer us some
(no)[/spoiler glory.

I don't even watch our games any more.

Edit: As if commentary from Jackie Fullerton wasn't enough to put us off our own games already.
But aur wee jackie, at least I have the comfort of the Republic doing well
who am I kidding Borat gave us the win

That lovely screeching accent
There's a great video on YouTube that I wish I could find. It was of some American woman's trip to Belfast. She decided to visit a graveyard in West Belfast (I think) where there were some scabby teenagers having a booze up. She paid them £10 for an interview to ask why they were there and what they got up to etc.

Anyway, at the end she asks something along the lines of, "Is there anything you'd like to say to America/Americans?" And one of them replies, "Ye's love yer McDonalds's ye's cunts ye's". It's honestly one of the best things I've ever heard. Makes me laugh every time.

And yes, that's how he actually said McDonald's.

But aur wee jackie, at least I have the comfort of the Republic doing well
who am I kidding Borat gave us the win
I'm an international glory hunter, I like to see all the UK and Ireland teams win.

kharma45

There's a great video on YouTube that I wish I could find. It was of some American woman's trip to Belfast. She decided to visit a graveyard in West Belfast (I think) where there were some scabby teenagers having a booze up. She paid them £10 for an interview to ask why they were there and what they got up to etc.

Anyway, at the end she asks something along the lines of, is there anything you'd like to say to America? And one of them replies, "Ye's love yer McDonalds's ye's cunts ye's". It's honestly one of the best things I've ever heard. Makes me laugh every time.

I'm an international glory hunter, I like to see all the UK and Ireland teams win.

Forgot about this video :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HKn-_dRgrg

operon

Anyway, at the end she asks something along the lines of, "Is there anything you'd like to say to America/Americans?" And one of them replies, "Ye's love yer McDonalds's ye's cunts ye's". It's honestly one of the best things I've ever heard. Makes me laugh every time.

So do I.
Met the wife when I came up to Coleraine to uni and she was in Magee in stroke city. Staying there the derry accent is the weirdest up here, besides my mixed up southern/northeren accent

kharma45

So do I.
Met the wife when I came up to Coleraine to uni and she was in Magee in stroke city. Staying there the derry accent is the weirdest up here, besides my mixed up southern/northeren accent

Which is why I'm ever so glad I don't really have one :lol

Soi-Fong

Ok, I know for those here who ordered through kitbag, they say it's nice, but I'm getting a bit worried. I live in the US. Ordered the 26th of Aug and the Kagawa kit I ordered still isn't here. It says "shipped" Aug 30th on my acct, but I guess I'm getting a bit antsy. Should've just ponied up for the express shipping.

So do I.

Which is why I'm ever so glad I don't really have one :lol
My accent is full blown East Belfast. It's so harsh on the ears. I recorded it for the GAF record your voice thread a while back.

It's also screechy when I'm excitable :lol

kharma45

My accent is full blown East Belfast. It's so harsh on the ears. I recorded it for the GAF record your voice thread a while back.

I think I remember that :lol

You only think that, then you hear yourself on video and your illusions are shattered

I can go a bit Derry at times but my accent is apparently hard enough to place bar it being obviously from Northern Ireland.

Luckily, there is no North West accent.

I've noticed that with my gf, she just doesn't have one.

:lol. To be fair, I sound like a 12 year old child.

I wouldn't say that, just an angry teen :p

Clegg

I hate my accent.

Its very south county Dublin or "D4" ish.

Its very hard to explain to non Irish people what my accent sounds like.

:lol. To be fair, I sound like a 12 year old child.

Don't worry, puberty happens to all of us sooner or later.

I remember that thread and got curious

As promised. God I hate my voice. It really is horrendous.

http://dl.dropbox.com/s/64knw9ek8mx35xi/voice.mp3

I can do a British or American accent.
I can do whatever I feel like but I have to try hard to keep it up

I try to do what sounds cool and normally that is an English accent, which I prefer over an American accent. But I guess you'll have to hear me speak to tell if I'm doing a good job or not. I also hate the sound of my voice so generally I just shut the fuck up

Don't worry, puberty happens to all of us sooner or later.

I remember that thread and got curious

Oh lord that is so, so Belfast :lol
:lol good god.

I both love and hate my voice all at the same time. I hate it because it's terrible, but I love it because I find how bad it is to be hilarious.

I have to say Kylehimself, if I overheard your voice I would cross the road.
My parents both have very neutral accents and my mum loves to speak awfully proper.

My brother and I just sound rough.

elsk

Banned
Alot of the time he just reads it so well though. Plus his touch and distribution is out of this world.

Not saying Gustavo isn't good, he is. Just not sure one video proves he is better.

He has been playing like that for a long time now, obviously is much more notorious when we face strong sides.

Yen

Me hole there isn't a North West accent.

Every single word spoken up there has a "u" thrown in for added effect.

Nope, not having it. We're as neutral as can be, bar some areas. But the English language does need more "U"s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom