• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Euros and the League title. But honestly, I think Messi deserves it more.

GIVE IT TO INIESTA

No

Messi deserves it. I feel bad for Iniesta and Ronaldo for being such great players, but Messi is just too good. The award shouldn't be given just because he's due one.

elsk

Banned
Iniesta is more technically gifted than Cristiano Ronaldo, but CR7 has better speed and athletic attributes.

Iniesta is the closest player to Messi, IMO.

Messi

No

Messi deserves it. I feel bad for Iniesta and Ronaldo for being such great players, but Messi is just too good. The award shouldn't be given just because he's due one.

He had a great season and a great Euros.

Iniesta is more technically gifted than Cristiano Ronaldo, but CR7 has better speed and athletic attributes.

Iniesta is the closest player to Messi, IMO.

I agree on all counts.

He had a great season and a great Euros.

I agree on all counts.

I know he had a great season and Euros but I just disagree that he was better than Messi. I feel people understand that, but want to give it to Iniesta due to Messi having so many of them already.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
iniesta-bernabeu-o.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWOaPeBSjSI

-Sadnaldo can't do dis

elsk

Banned
I don't really know who is more important to Barcelona, Messi or Iniesta. Iniesta is surely on another level, not in the same league as the rest of players (not counting Messi, obviously). Both together on form are unstoppable.

edit: Xavi is an awesome player, but I do think they will eventually manage to replace him. But Iniesta and Messi? I don't think they'll manage to replace them ever.

Kozak

Banned
Lol when the Barca nuthuggers come out this thread goes to shits.

I'll never understand where you guys get that even Iniesta is better than Ronaldo. Can't be statistics, can't be what you see on the field, can't be what Football Manager says. Must be the imagination.

Let me know when Iniesta scores 71 times as well as assisting 16 goals in 1 season.

pulga

Banned

I'll never understand where you guys get that even Iniesta is better than Ronaldo. Can't be statistics, can't be what you see on the field, can't be what Football Manager says. Must be the imagination.

Let me know when Iniesta scores 71 times as well as assisting 16 goals in 1 season.

At this point I find it easier to let them drink their own Kool Aid.

Messi

Opinions are great arent they?

elsk

Banned
C'mon, WoodenLung, you can't be serious I mean... you're a Chelsea fan.

Is like not liking hamburgers and being a Burger King fan on Facebook. C'mon son.

C'mon, WoodenLung, you can't be serious I mean... you're a Chelsea fan.

I have yet to see any Chelsea player do something as crazy as Valdes there, also I fully admit to JT being a... JT (this sounds silly) and Drogba doing the Biscuits. Oh and then Chelsea getting royally fucked by yet another Unicef ref. I can totally see why people would hate Chelsea and am not complaining about it.

Then of course there's the circle jerking about Barca by housewives, kids and any other person who's just casually into football and is a Barca fan, which just annoys me together with the self entitlement of being REAL FOOTBALL from so many Barca fans, even on here. There's lots of reasons to hate Barca.

Is like not liking hamburgers and being a Burger King fan on Facebook. C'mon son.

So you don't mind when other team dives against Bayern just because you got Robben on your team?

Fry

Meh, I don't hate Barcelona or anything, but I surely get happy to see them getting beaten by.. any team really.

pulga

Banned
Its mostly the Dinho forward era fans that annoy the shit out of me, when they started winning crap for once and everybody hopped into the bandwagon.

elsk

Banned
I have yet to see any Chelsea player do something as crazy as Valdes there, also I fully admit to JT being a... JT (this sounds silly) and Drogba doing the Biscuits. Oh and then Chelsea getting royally fucked by yet another Unicef ref. I can totally see why people would hate Chelsea and am not complaining about it.

Then of course there's the circle jerking about Barca by housewives, kids and any other person who's just casually into football and is a Barca fan, which just annoys me together with the self entitlement of being REAL FOOTBALL from so many Barca fans, even on here. There's lots of reasons to hate Barca.

So you don't mind when other team dives against Bayern just because you got Robben on your team?

I dislike some Barcelona players, but that doesn't mean I can't be unbiased when judging player by player quality. Sergio Busquets is a JT, but he's in the top 3 DMs in the world. I don't like Chelsea but still I like Drogba. I think the only team where I dislike every single player is in Real Madrid.

elsk

Banned
I may end up moving to PES when they start using the Fox Engine. FIFA guys really don't care about those details like press-conferences, making the career modes like story modes, the details in the stadiums and lockers, etc.

Today I asked the guy in charge of career mode about a few things like using the new manager models available to put a press-conference when you sign an important player and his answer was:

how many times would you watch a 'new signing sequence?

The press conferences (and very rare locker room scenes) are generic small 3d thing you will see a couple of times that just overall feels cheap and weird, it certainly doesn't add much depth or anything to the game. I do like the PES career stuff better, but those things really adds nothing other than the hilarity of Wilbury in them.

elsk

Banned
The press conferences (and very rare locker room scenes) are generic small 3d thing you will see a couple of times that just overall feels cheap and weird, it certainly doesn't add much depth or anything to the game. I do like the PES career stuff better, but those things really adds nothing other than the hilarity of Wilbury in them.

Thanks for destroying my dreams.

</3

qindarka

Banned
Yup! PC I am going to unlock in a couple of hours if I am still up. Also I already feel like an idiot for paying to play early but its so good!

Also Qindarka, I think I added you on origin. Not sure if it was you :lol You were the only one from the list which came up.

Think it was me, who else would name him/herself after an Albanian coin? Not sure how these things work yet though, never played games online before, barring made for online games like Dota 2.

Edit: I checked the internet and I would like to assure all of you that this is NOT me:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/271561/Qindarka

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Xavi is an awesome player, but I do think they will eventually manage to replace him. But Iniesta and Messi? I don't think they'll manage to replace them ever.

I disagree. Now that I get Barça tv on beIn they show the youth players from La Masia and these kids look like little messis and iniestas it BLEW my mind. They were absolutely murdering these other teams like 14-2, 9-0, etc. There was in particular a 12 yr old or so Japanese kid who was breathtaking.

Too bad theyjll never have a good keeper

#ToñoaBarça

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom