• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.
True (I also saw this before the edit :lol)

It's a sickness, I always edit my posts.

I can do whatever I feel like but I have to try hard to keep it up

I try to do what sounds cool and normally that is an English accent, which I prefer over an American accent. But I guess you'll have to hear me speak to tell if I'm doing a good job or not. I also hate the sound of my voice so generally I just shut the fuck up

The thing with not being a native speaker is you end up with a mix of all kinds of accents and weird quirks. Americans will say I sound British and vice versa. The truth is I just sound like whatever terrible games, music and tv shows I have grown up watching. One day when Wilbury writes something really nasty I will record myself reading it up loud.

Yen

A good friend of mine is currently with a girl from Strabane. Everything ass "Hye" at they end.

"Would you look at the state of that hye."
"What do you want for your dinner hye"

Oh fuck. There is a reason I said "bar some areas." They also say "Sir" and "man a lot, often together. I know Strabane people who would say, "Well, how's it goin sir-man-sir?"

Oh fuck. There is a reason I said "bar some areas." They also say "Sir" and "man a lot, often together. I know Strabane people who would say, "Well, how's it goin sir-man-sir?"
Yep, she says sir too :lol

I also know a guy from Keady who says, "dorty". "She's a wild dorty gurl".

The thing with not being a native speaker is you end up with a mix of all kinds of accents and weird quirks. Americans will say I sound British and vice versa. The truth is I just sound like whatever terrible games, music and tv shows I have grown up watching.
Exactly. I was fighting a battle last year against the horrible Manc accent. All the Karl Pilkington videos I was watching and of course the Manchester music scene I am fond off were affecting my accent. And I'd like people to actually understand what I'm saying so I desperately needed to get out of that phase.

He has been playing like that for a long time now, obviously is much more notorious when we face strong sides.

It totally depends on what you want from a defensive midfielder.

Winning possession with tackles for many times a match doesn't mean shit if you're giving the ball just straight back to the other team or getting your defenders/keeper in trouble just because you can't pass for shit.

Not saying that's the case with Gustavo. He's actually very similiar to our Bender and although I like him, I wish he could improve his attacking/passing just like his brother already did. For Bender I still have hope, I'd be extremely surprised if Gustavo improves much in that aspect. though. Far from being the best DM in the world.

Clegg

Thanks, now I'll read all your posts with a D4 slant :/

The D4 accent isn't quite as bad as its portrayed in the media.

My accent does come out in certain instances though.

eg I pronounce the DART as "DORT" ad my "T" sound very wishy washy. More like an "sh" sound than an actual "t" sound.

Messi

The D4 accent isn't quite as bad as its portrayed in the media.

My accent does come out in certain instances though.

eg I pronounce the DART as "DORT" ad my "T" sound very wishy washy. More like as "sh" sound than an actual "t" sound.

I am well familiar with your kind :p

Exactly. I was fighting a battle last year against the horrible Man accent. All the Karl Pilkington videos I was watching and of course the Manchester music scene I am fond off were effecting my accent. And I'd like people to actually understand what I'm saying so I desperately needed to get out of that phase.

That is not a good influence at all. Love how he just adds "age" on the back of words and makes them work, foodage, grippage, slugage.

Edit :

Forrest Gump - disabled person: me dad put a Forrest Gump in a wheelie bin

:lol forgot about that one.

kharma45

Click the link, 29s or so. My life would be complete if I had a Daniel gif.

isN5HRazXj8Tb.gif

I tried.

kharma45

Better than my attempt

dod-o.gif

Saint Malachys.

Can't say I know it, but then my knowledge of schools is mainly restricted to those we played sports against lol.

I'm surprised that video doesn't have me saying the banned word! I think I said it too much today again!

I could go find one :p or that one where you call Sam Allerdyce a fat JT, or that one with you being a wee bit... you know ;)

Yen

I just want you to know, wee Quiche, Kyle and Kharma, I love you all very much much. God bless, and tell your mammies I love them.

/Daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom