• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
So Hazard was close to joining Spurs until Chelsea won the CL.

ROOOOOBBBBBEEEENNNNNNNNNNNN

Salazar

ClevGod still with that TOWIE bird.

UQprY.jpg
fH23v.jpg

Dressing like a mug, tho.

WJD

If you look at my post there it has two things. 1 is a fact, the other is blue tinted stuff that I like to apply. If you want to look at the fact which is the rules of the game state a two footed challenge is a immediate red card then yeah, I have to believe that bit.

I'm referring more to the constant cries of corruption and favouritism; it reads like some blithering LAD on Facebook sharing shite from "Funny Football Memes LOL" and I come to GAF to avoid that usually. You're not the only guilty party of course.

Fwiw when I was watching the game I had my head in my hands because I thought Evans was about to be sent off before watching the replay and seeing Shelvey jumping in too, so that parts fair enough.

Ushojax

Blame yourselves. You should have finished 3rd as you had every opportunity.

I do, Robben just made it worse. We won just one away game in 2012 under Harry. We didn't even score an away goal for 2 months. We were dogshit, with form like that big players would have been put off anyway.

The main problem with that Evans picture is that it's frozen after Evans has actually made contact with the ball. I think.

Still think Evans' challenge was wreckless too but IMO, and I would think this, I don't think it's anywhere near as dodgy a decision as is being made out.

Lightning

Banned
I do, Robben just made it worse. We won just one away game in 2012 under Harry. We didn't even score an away goal for 2 months. We were dogshit, with form like that big players would have been put off anyway.
After this season with AVB you could be wishing you still had Harry.

Hope you guys can dick over United this weekend and get a result though.

And why only blame Robben? Napoli should have finished Chelsea, then Barca just lost their shooting boots (especially Cesc), and then Bayern choked. It was much more than just Robben as missing a penalty can happen to anyone, happened to both Messi and Ronaldo and RVP.

Ushojax

Hazard himself?

I really don't think so. Whatever happens with AVB, Harry was in charge of two atrocious run-ins and as good as the highs were (beating Arsenal regularly, CL QFs) , the lows were diabolical (4-0 at Fulham in the FA Cup, 5-1 against Chelsea and City, 5-2 against Arsenal). He totally failed to get the best out of a top quality squad and his old school methods are just not enough at the top level.

Clegg

Okay guys, so the referee made a mistake. Let's move on shall we? :p

He didn't.

Shelvey deserved his red card.

It was definitely a red card too. Its all a conspiracy concocted by the FA and SAF in order to keep United on top.

All the referees are in on it too.

qindarka

Banned

And why only blame Robben? Napoli should have finished Chelsea, then Barca just lost their shooting boots (especially Cesc), and then Bayern choked. It was much more than just Robben as missing a penalty can happen to anyone, happened to both Messi and Ronaldo and RVP.

Eh, I thought you liked AVB.

One thing United do very well with refs is stay in his ear all game. Being deadly serious here, it's a very smart and simple way of helping your side get the rub of the green and you have to do it. And it's not got anything to do with swearing at him or asking for decision after decision - it's about talking to him any and every chance you get. Just talk. God knows what they say but United players are always speaking with the ref. Giggs, Scholes, Evra, Ferdinand, Vidic and even Rooney now, they all do it. After a small foul, a break in play, when there's a booking - a United player will be there and will be talking to the ref.

You need to manage the ref and almost be his friend. It definitely makes a difference IMO. It exerts a natural and general pressure and when you speak to the ref in a that almost respectful/friendly way you'd think he is inclined to give you decisions or at least listen to what you have to say.

Kyoufu

If Fletch plays against Newcastle, ClevGod fucking has to be in the mix for the Spurs game.

I demand Hyuna/Nana pics/gifs.

One thing United do very well with refs is stay in his ear all game. Being deadly serious here, it's a very smart and simple way of helping your side get the rub of the green and you have to do it. And it's not got anything to do with swearing at him or asking for decision after decision - it's about talking to him any and every chance you get. Just talk. God knows what they say but United players are always speaking with the ref. Giggs, Scholes, Evra, Ferdinand, Vidic and even Rooney now, they all do it. After a small foul, a break in play, when there's a booking - a United player will be there and will be talking to the ref.

You need to manage the ref and almost be his friend. It definitely makes a difference IMO. It exerts a natural and general pressure and when you speak to the ref in a that almost respectful/friendly way you'd think he is inclined to give you decisions or at least listen to what you have to say.

Can I just fondle his balls for a penalty?

qindarka

Banned

It doesn't seem to me as if it's a good thing, especially if it is intentional.

Ushojax

I do and I hope like hell he succeeds but that's far from guaranteed. Spurs just don't look that great so far this season.

We don't but we've played 3 games with a full squad, won 2 and would have won the other if that moron referee at the Lazio game had done his job properly. We are looking a bit nervous at home but we have the right players now. The QPR game was the sort of game we wouldn't have won under Harry, like when we drew with Wolves and Stoke at home. The last time we came from a goal behind to win was November 2011, so it's a promising sign.

Lol rovers
Don't worry Jeff. Indian people just take a really long time to say good-bye. Any fellow Indians in this thread will know the deal.

Indians just take a long time to let people go. First you suggest you might be leaving, but then you need a cup of tea, eventually you say bye, then you walk them to the door and chat for a bit more before saying bye again, then you get into the car and you chat to them Harry Redknapp stylee for just a little bit longer before you eventually go. This is just the footballing equivalent.

I would say Kean is in the hallway at the moment. Just needs a push.

Blackburn fans are the shindig of wallies, they're one of a kind I tell ya. When they were in the PL, their ground was half empty week in, week out and now that they're stuck in the championship, they shower Kean with abuse while started the weekend top of the table.

Wait so now we get attacked for not being fickle? It's not about where we are in the table now it's about Steve Kean, tell me another manager who could survive taking a club from 9th to relegated and in that time get done for drink driving and blame the fans for spiking him and also accusing his former boss o being a crook.

Also I suggest you check your facts before spouting bullshit, we averaged over 25k when Sam was in charge, blackburns population is roughly 100k. Tell me another team that's as well supported by the local population, there aren't many.

qindarka

Banned
Jeff, what do you think about Shebby Singh? I have some affinity with him as a fellow countryman but it seems he is a figure of ridicule on the internet.

It doesn't seem to me as if it's a good thing, especially if it is intentional.
It might not be a "good" or totally "fair" thing to do but it happens. Chelsea do this alot too, Terry and Lampard especially. Alonso at Madrid I've also noticed is constantly speaking with the ref.

It just helps your side out a little bit. I guess you hope and expect the referee is completely fair and even and won't be influenced...but he can. In most cases you can try and get the ref on side. That doesn't mean he is suddenly gonna turn around and give you a penalty...it just means you build up a rapport with him through the game and hope something comes your way. It's the same guys who ref these games over and over so the players and refs will encounter each other throughout the seasons several times. I think it makes a difference.

Turok_TTZ

Does he even speak the lingo? I reckon he's tad bit self-conscious.
Benzema before this season did interviews in spanish as any real madrid player shud. He has no problems speaking the language. He is flat out refusing any interview or any postmatch comments while with madrid. I'd really like a positive update on his current situation but i fear nothing has changed. Hopefully he speaks soon, for that would surely mean that mourinho made ammends with him.

qindarka

Banned
It might not be a "good" or totally "fair" thing to do but it happens. Chelsea do this alot too, Terry and Lampard especially. Alonso at Madrid I've also noticed is constantly speaking with the ref.

It just helps your side out a little bit. I guess you hope and expect the referee is completely fair and even and won't be influenced...but he can. In most cases you can try and get the ref on side. That doesn't mean he is suddenly gonna turn around and give you a penalty...it just means you build up a rapport with him through the game and hope something comes your way. It's the same guys who ref these games over and over so the players and refs will encounter each other throughout the seasons several times. I think it makes a difference.

Oh, I know this happens a lot. Chelsea do sometimes get a bit of (deserved) flak for surrounding the ref. Just took issue as I initially thought you were presenting it as something admirable but was mistaken.

Choc

Banned
Have you listened to football weekly? They have touched upon on and the conscious were that a red for Shelvey and a yellow for Evans would, probably, be a fairer refereeing, which I sort of agree with. Both of the tackles were quite dangerous ones with the high studs and all. The difference was that, Evans actually touched the ball with one foot while the other one collided with Shelvey. While Shelvey went a bit later, didn't get the ball and both of his studs were on Evans. Evans should have booked for that since it was a flying tackle, whether he got the ball or not, that's immaterial. However, Shelvey's one was a fair red card. You can't just do that!

That was my take in my humble opinion anyway.

Under the FIFA directives around lunging and two footed challenges, Halsey actually could not have given Evans a yellow card and been seen as correct by assesors

That said, i still would have yellowed both given the occasion. But under strict direct rules, two footed cannot be a booking.

Law 18 comes into play though, common sense.

Clegg

Why "scumbag brain"?

Masturbation is a perfectly natural thing to do and I'd be delighted to hear about many more women masturbating.

There shouldn't be a stigma attached to it.

Choc

Banned
As an aside, the incident is going to be discussed at my next referee meeting. Coach is going to go over it in fine detail

Will post as much as i can afterwards

Choc

Banned
just as an aside you guys may not know this but even if you win the ball clean with a two footed off the ground challenge, FIFA has mandated a red card has to be shown as off the ground is now seen as excessive force.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom