• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

elsk

Banned
A3nyGx8CcAEgs-q.jpg

Karl-Heinz Rummenigge turns 57! Congratulations and best wishes to our Executive board chairman! #happybirthdaykalle

Happy birthday, my lord!

nemesun

That would be nice. Theo Walcott for free would certainly be a better striking option than nobody for free.

Nothing in life is free, if he runs down his contract and sod off to underachievers platoon; he'll demand a juicy Bosman fee from yer lot.

pulga

Banned
Qué tan cara está la vida allá? Digamos el agua, luz, comida básica, alquiler, etc?

Depende de la zona, antes vivia en un lugar donde pagabamos $600 entre 3 por el apartamento, como $10 de agua, $40-50 de luz (todo entre 3). Es mas caro que Honduras, pero se gana mejor pues.

elsk

Banned
Depende de la zona, antes vivia en un lugar donde pagabamos $600 entre 3 por el apartamento, como $10 de agua, $40-50 de luz (todo entre 3). Es mas caro que Honduras, pero se gana mejor pues.

Cómo? cada uno pagaba 600$ para el alquiler y 50$ de luz?

Y para trabajar no hay problema si no sos tico? Por lo de la visa de trabajo y todo eso?

pulga

Banned
No no, $200 cada uno, $17 de luz, etc etc. Si se necesita visa de trabajo, pero es relativamente facil de conseguir, por lo menos en comparacion con USA.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Sí, la verdad pueden decir que USA está jodido por la crisis pero está mil veces mejor que la mayor parte de América Latina. Al menos allá ganas los suficiente para vivir decentemente. Pero no me voy a ir ilegal, ni verga :p

De qué estás trabajando ahora?

ahi como una puta para el capitalismo en seguros. Tengo familia con plata cuz they are like shakira on pique lol and im their little brother lol.

en todo caso no te creo pero si sois amigo con ella (god damn i swear to fucking god this controller was green as in fully charged and now it doesnt work :()

some men just want to watch the world burn ;)

elsk

Banned
No no, $200 cada uno, $17 de luz, etc etc. Si se necesita visa de trabajo, pero es relativamente facil de conseguir, por lo menos en comparacion con USA.

Pucha, no está nada mal, 600$ por un apartamento de 3 cuartos? Si te terminás yendo, ayudame a conectar el trabajo ese que tenés con la embajada :p jaja.

ahi como una puta para el capitalismo en seguros. Tengo familia con plata cuz they are like shakira on pique lol and im their little brother lol.

en todo caso no te creo pero si sois amigo con ella (god damn i swear to fucking god this controller was green as in fully charged and now it doesnt work :()

some men just want to watch the world burn ;)

Jajaja, you're awesome man. Actually I have family in Miami (like any decent honduran), but they never offered me a chance to move there :(

pulga

Banned
Jaja como si tuviera palabra alguna con lo que deciden los sacos en Tegus -_- :(

and the party is fucking awesome. This past weekend I found out why gringos have such a fucking hard-on for this place :lol

D_prOdigy

BBC Radio Lancashire on Twitter: "Steve Kean to remain as Blackburn Rovers manager, Shebby Singh dismisses speculation live with @grahamliver NOW on BBC Radio Lancashire."

So weird. Was the 'speculation' really wide of the mark?

Choc

Banned
The more i think about it the more i think the Evans Shelvey challenge is definitely something referees could use in training courses.

There are a few unanswered questions that could clearly help on this and I really think its something the referees should be considering imo (as a ref myself). Perfect training video.

1. Did the liverpool player see that Evans was going in two footed and react with his lunge?

2. Did Evans react with a two footer because he knew liverpool player was coming in hard

3. Out of those two challenges which was worse?

It's just a perfect storm of a 50/50.

faridmon

The more i think about it the more i think the Evans Shelvey challenge is definitely something referees could use in training courses.

There are a few unanswered questions that could clearly help on this and I really think its something the referees should be considering imo (as a ref myself). Perfect training video.

1. Did the liverpool player see that Evans was going in two footed and react with his lunge?

2. Did Evans react with a two footer because he knew liverpool player was coming in hard

3. Out of those two challenges which was worse?

It's just a perfect storm of a 50/50.

Have you listened to football weekly? They have touched upon on and the conscious were that a red for Shelvey and a yellow for Evans would, probably, be a fairer refereeing, which I sort of agree with. Both of the tackles were quite dangerous ones with the high studs and all. The difference was that, Evans actually touched the ball with one foot while the other one collided with Shelvey. While Shelvey went a bit later, didn't get the ball and both of his studs were on Evans. Evans should have booked for that since it was a flying tackle, whether he got the ball or not, that's immaterial. However, Shelvey's one was a fair red card. You can't just do that!

That was my take in my humble opinion anyway.

nemesun

Blackburn fans are the shindig of wallies, they're one of a kind I tell ya. When they were in the PL, their ground was half empty week in, week out and now that they're stuck in the championship, they shower Kean with abuse while started the weekend top of the table.

dc89

Blackburn fans are the shindig of wallies, they're one of a kind I tell ya. When they were in the PL, their ground was half empty week in, week out and now that they're stuck in the championship, they shower Kean with abuse while started the weekend top of the table.

There is more to it than this dude.

faridmon

To be fair, Kean have acted like a prick regardless of his success and failure. You don't see Bolton fans cursing Owen Coyle since he have been as bad as him at management, but Kean's off the pitch attitude leaves alot to be desired.

Have you listened to football weekly? They have touched upon on and the conscious were that a red for Shelvey and a yellow for Evans would, probably, be a fairer refereeing, which I sort of agree with. Both of the tackles were quite dangerous ones with the high studs and all. The difference was that, Evans actually touched the ball with one foot while the other one collided with Shelvey. While Shelvey went a bit later, didn't get the ball and both of his studs were on Evans. Evans should have booked for that since it was a flying tackle, whether he got the ball or not, that's immaterial. However, Shelvey's one was a fair red card. You can't just do that!

That was my take in my humble opinion anyway.

Evans was double footed, studs up, aerial and directed towards another player's leg, regardless of the fact that the ball was also there and the player's leg was there as part of a different foul. Red, clear as day.

nemesun

To be fair, Kean have acted like a prick regardless of his success and failure. You don't see Bolton fans cursing Owen Coyle since he have been as bad as him at management, but Kean's off the pitch attitude leaves alot to be desired.

They have an axe to grind with the Venkys but unfortunately for Keano, he's the poster boy for the club and he takes the abuse in their stead. I somewhat respect the Venkys for sticking to their guns and not bending for the sake of ochlocracy.

Lord Snow

Banned
If it's for free then Liverpool's chance of getting him plummets as Man City and Chelsea would be right in there and Lolerpool wont be offering CL football anytime in their near future.

Leaving for a bargin bin price in January is what I expect.
On the other hand he's far more likely to play as a striker with us than he is the other two clubs.

faridmon

Evans was double footed, studs up, aerial and directed towards another player's leg, regardless of the fact that the ball was also there and the player's leg was there as part of a different foul. Red, clear as day.

Back in the day, if you get the ball, that never mattered. Today's game, any launching tackle is a red.

Regarding Evans, I think it was directed at the ball while Shelveys was directed at the legs of Evans. Also, there is no precedents where 50-50s launching tackles as this happened to be red. One is given the benefit of the doubt if he is the lesser harm (if that makes sense) In this case, its a case of two foots against one foot.

They mentioned that football weekly, briefly.

They have an axe to grind with the Venkys but unfortunately for Keano, he's the poster boy for the club and he takes the abuse in their stead. I somewhat respect the Venkys for sticking to their guns and not bending for the sake of ochlocracy.
Or maybe, they are sticking to their guns just for the fact that they know that fault was made when they sacked Big Sam for an inexperienced manager such as Kean? There was reports that indicates that the Kean becoming a manager in that club was dodgy in the first place

Lightning

Banned
Owen Coyle is a likeable guy though and actually a decent manager. Things just went wrong last season, unlucky to be relegated last season, and things haven't started great this season for him but he can turn it round. I hope he does.

On the other hand he's far more likely to play as a striker with us than he is the other two clubs.
And you's will suck for it. Walcott's just not that good. There is a reason why no Arsenal fan gives a fuck about this guy and his contract. His 1 decent performance a month in the middle of absolute shit majority of the time make him an incredibly frustrating player. Walcott is no where near ready to lead Liverpool's attack. Rodgers will never promise him that.

faridmon

Owen Coyle is a likeable guy though and actually a decent manager. Things just went wrong last season, unlucky to be relegated last season, and things haven't started great this season for him but he can turn it round. I hope he does.

Yeah, I agree. I like the man, and he was unlucky to get the team relegated. But for the team he gets, he should have done better and the team is still struggling.

I do wish the best for them and for him especially, though.

Back in the day, if you get the ball, that never mattered. Today's game, any launching tackle is a red.

Regarding Evans, I think it was directed at the ball while Shelveys was directed at the legs of Evans. Also, there is no precedents where 50-50s launching tackles as this happened to be red. One is given the benefit of the doubt if he is the lesser harm (if that makes sense) In this case, its a case of two foots against one foot.

They mentioned that football weekly, briefly.

I don't think tackles should ever be judged on their outcome, but rather the risk. Evans' challenge was just as reckless imo, perhaps more so

Salazar

Regarding Evans, I think it was directed at the ball while Shelveys was directed at the legs of Evans.

Shelvey's unlucky (as well as being a mouthy conspiracy-gibbering dolt) that he came in from the side.

I wouldn't have been too stunned if Evans had gone.

It's funny how the NFL fans can, on some level, accept even monumentally heinous refereeing mistakes as mistakes, but football reffing has to get jammed into a narrative of suspicion*.

*Mercifully, not here.

Brøndby loaning money off boardmembers to just pay wages and now have to pay 4 mil kr by midnight, for money they never paid former players. So broke. :lol

To top it all off, they went under the relegation line again yesterday.

dc89

Clear red for me, yellow for Evans seeing as he didn't tackle in Shelveys direction but still went in two footed.

Nope red for Evans too. Two footed challenges are red cards, that's the law. Look at Kompany's challenge, clean as a whistle in terms of actually getting the ball but he went in with both feet, so he got sent off. Evans goes in with two feet. He should be sent off.
Ohhh but yeah, How silly of me. I forgot. One rule for the rest and a different rule for those in a United shirt.

FootballFan

Nope red for Evans too. Two footed challenges are red cards, that's the law. Look at Kompany's challenge, clean as a whistle in terms of actually getting the ball but he went in with both feet, so he got sent off. Evans goes in with two feet. He should be sent off.
Ohhh but yeah, How silly of me. I forgot. One rule for the rest and a different rule for those in a United shirt.

Your avatar looks like my cat.

“I’m disappointed by Hernandez,” the Stadio Barbera chief noted. “He needs to get into his head that he must live the life of an athlete.

“He needs to stop going to nightclubs and he needs to stop drinking beer, otherwise he won’t go very far down the road.”

Zamps not happy.

Lightning

Banned
Evans should have been sent off. No doubt about it. Two footed - studs up challenges are not allowed in the game because of the injuries they cause and that's what Evans did. Fergusson is a hypocrite as he has complained about two footed studs up challenges multiple times but I guess it's okay for United players to do them?

Shelvey got a deserved red card but Evans should have joined him.

The other thing I notice is United have learned Barcelona style play acting for penalties. United are starting to eclipse Chelsea and City as my most hated premier league club with the shit they attempt to get away with.

Clegg

Evans should have been sent off. No doubt about it. Two footed - studs up challenges are not allowed in the game because of the injuries they cause and that's what Evans did. Fergusson is a hypocrite as he has complained about two footed studs up challenges multiple times but I guess it's okay for United players to do them?

The other thing I notice is United have learned Barcelona style play acting for penalties. United are starting to eclipse Chelsea and City as my most hated premier league club with the shit they attempt to get away with.
Absolutely.

Salazar

Do you remember when Arsenal were practically as filthy as vintage Leeds ?

dc89

Your avatar looks like my cat.

I have two cats which look like the ones in my avatar!

:lol

Never mind that us getting something off the ref at Anfield is a wild fucking anomaly.

Yup. Evans is lucky though, as the ref is looking straight at the challenge there and I do think another ref would have sent him off for that.

dc, you're trying too hard again.

Sorry, I'll pipe down now it's out of my system.

I do wonder sometimes if dc actually believes the utter diarrhoea he posts on here.

If you look at my post there it has two things. 1 is a fact, the other is blue tinted stuff that I like to apply. If you want to look at the fact which is the rules of the game state a two footed challenge is a immediate red card then yeah, I have to believe that bit.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom